Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have A Brilliant Idea For A New Clan Module

(PSN)Seraphic_Realm

ok erm this was inspired after hearing about the Tenno lab. I was thinking since I heard about that "quest" competition for lore contest. so I was thinking of a theater module where either a single tenno or a group undergo a trial or a lore event and the guild members not participating into the event could follow a Tenno that is doing either a trial event or lore event.

when designing an event the event conductor can place a prize for a clan competition,(could be a bp, mod, platinum, or a key and maybe even credits) but its not required to do so, he has to pick a planetary stage for the event and what kind of mission it is. He cannot make the event weaker than the base level used for hosting the clan event, He can make it highier level though, for added challenge. and it would also be cool if we could buildup our clan lores with a video archive with such events for people to have some nice.

Originally I was thinking of using a phonetic program with a wide selection of voice sound boards to give your character depth and personality. Might be too complicated. but a theater module for hosting an event where there is a door for the contestants, seats for the viewers and a pedestral for the conductor. and for viewing the clan lore an archive module would be nice.

Could be a nice idea if we could start at very high levels like 50+. Not sure it would be fun being a spectator though. But you could make it that it changes a planet node into the said event for clan members, and that could be available for X hours and each member could do it only once or X times.

They could even implement some special reward to get this way, make it cost some of those useless ressources en masse to start the event, and fix a cap like "can be done once per month".

That could lead to some hardcore clan-hopping though, but could be an idea to dig and a way to implement end-game action clan related.

Edited by Cyrionn

would be a good idea for people who want a challenge, but these events can only be done by clans members it would be like making an alert for trials and like making a cicero event for a lore event.

and yes that would bring out the oomf in the enemies for endgame players, or make more diverse game modes like the rank up exams for some of the lore event fans.

The problem is, and I didn't thought about that yesterday, that they are on a concept that is not far with their badlands at the moment. Though the things they said were not sounding as good as this.

I mean, a tower build by a clan that other people could take to go in a special region accessible through solar map if they pay a fee, or contest in a sort of clan war...dunno that sounds messy and hard to manage, they could prove me wrong but...my faith is fragile now.

Edited by Cyrionn

• 2 weeks later...

So basically...clan made and run campaigns? Like the foundry system from Neverwinter? Because to be honest, that would be awesome.

That would be great. I played a fair bit of Neverwinter and the player made quests were one of my favorite parts. Warbros #1.

kinda but the conductor only watched the participants, he can watch all four at the same time or focus on one participants. campaigns would be like to help the clan gather resources rather than the players spending their own resources, this would also mean that  you could eliminate the "I did more work than thou" attitude that some people get. making a clan work is a team effort. so the vaults would receive all the resources from player based campaigns. we would not be wasting our own resources on building up the clan.

The point of making these suggestion is to make the game more team oriented. the pvp is getting out of hand, I came to warframe to get away from competitive morons whose whole purpose is to ruin someone's day for fun.

Vault_112_TQ.jpeg

Clan VR room. Get to replay story alerts from ages past (without the rewards)

Like Darvo missions.

A interactive Codex as well. (weapon/frame sampler)

And gun range

and mission creator

replace the GIANT obstacle course into vr so its not locked to a singe room style.

Edited by Firetempest

archives could be like the clan VR rooms you're thinking about. its only meant to show past events(no rewards). the Theater is where players get to experience clan based events as either a conductor or a participant(with rewards in mind). but your VR room could let players get a feel for the frames and weapons they want to play with. that's a good idea too.

but they should change the obstacle course so that players can design their own. or change it from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

here's another idea for a clan module, I call this one design module. this is to create weapon in game, where we can make our own weapons, the game calculates how hard it is to make based on a few rules. and you can only make weapon so powerful, with a tweak margin you could create your own custom versions with get a variety of parts, you use a weapon template for base stats, and you only have so many points to tweak you custom weapon. the beauty of this module is that you can create your own custom skins, by buying some skins for types of patterns and colors.

Now you still have to make these weapons and rank them up as well. what makes this module an interesting thing is that the module itself can be upgraded periodically to house more templates skins and patterns. the tweak margin with tweak points(which you have to spend resources to create a tweak module). would add a new dimension to the arsenal of the tenno. might want to create another lab as well for tenno tweaking(these tweaks are based on your player rank however).

Vault_112_TQ.jpeg

Clan VR room. Get to replay story alerts from ages past (without the rewards)

Like Darvo missions.

A interactive Codex as well. (weapon/frame sampler)

And gun range

and mission creator

replace the GIANT obstacle course into vr so its not locked to a singe room style.

Isnt this room from Fallout 3 mission? One from Vault with VR testing, where your father is trapped.

Gotta say no.

Similar stuff has been suggested various times, mostly it went into the direction of training rather then event building..

But considering how much work your system would take to be created and how extremly little gameplay it offers in return, it seems rather like a bad idea.

Why?

Because there is simply is no motivation to play a clan event for the individual player. If its not for a big amount of platinum you couldnt convince me to do them as they are pointless, other then wasting your time.

clan events shouldn't just be centered around the player but rather about clan unity. the modules I suggests aren't that complicated probably simpler than you might think, with the use of a template system. yeah but platinum shouldn't be the only motivator. the module just adds to the clan mechanics of the game.

Now  gathering resources for the clan should be a big motivator. it helps with building dojos, a small portion of what was gathered trickles back to the players for personal use. I do think about coding it would take to make a campaign. you just need a few templates that make use of already existing stages the only thing that really changes are the enemie's type and strength. there's a lot of things to offer clans and players. and you aren't a player about fun either. this is probably why you aren't going to participate in clan events if you are only after platinum.

the game is about fun the module add things to do even after you beat all the bosses got all the items and weapons. it adds life to the game. this is something that plat hounds don't understand. games should about about fun, not money. the arsenal design module would add to the weapons and frames in the game, allow you to improve them and make better weapon skins. stuff to the player for expression. the theater modules would give things to do in a clan with fellow clan members. the archives would allow non clan members(ie friends) and new clan members who weren't present to see the clan events in action. a vr room would be great to showcase all the weapons and frames to allow the players to get the frames they want to focus on but don't have yet or practice with weapons they may not have made yet. all these modules add a huge amount of potential to the game.

many many players would love these modules. and if you don't like the clan modules you don't have to make them. that's still your choice. and the DE are showing some interest in our suggestions.

Wth....

Just because i spent money on i game i like, my opinion values less?

Farming for the rooms is not a challenge or a motivator, if you are not something incredible new like master 7 or lower. I build 30+ rooms in my dojo, paid for all them alone with stuff i farmed on the way, never had to grind anything but cells for the forma, which i had 20 of before i even started building a dojo.

Further you missed my point entirely. All i say is that there is no reason to play those missions, nobody plays missions just because. Gamers always want stuff in return.

The problem is that there is simply no motivation for a player to play those missions other then "somebody from my clan used the game to build this", but thats barely a motivation at all, or wears off after a few times.

And when i refered to "the time it takes to create this" then i was speaking of the work for the Dev.

As far i can tell most players atm grave for more gameplay, endgame, and challenges (in terms of difficulty). But as the nature of games nothing is attractive to wider audience without something in return. I would hate to see much dev-time go to waste on systems like that when there still are major gaps in mentioned points.

most people at the moment are the bigger audience, that you fail to realize. if you just think about a ton of plat as motivation, its greed. no ifs or buts about it. I have run a clan for "fun", I get members who can get along with me who aren't going to be a $&*^ at me or the others, I set up rules for everyone to follow. if there's a fight I get to the bottom of it, so that everyone can chill and have a good time. I don't play favorites either, I have been in a few clans that were all about the plat, or being uber powerfull. and these clans do S#&$ for their members these clans often die out and get disbanded.

not a really surprize either there's no unity of the players, nothing to bind the clan together. the modules im talking about not only work on binding the clan community together, but it gives something to the player to keep the game fresh and interesting. that's the purpose of the theater and archive modules, the design module allows for tweaking weapon add to your weapons level of customization in a way never done before. and try to think about besides plat what do players really want. if you can't answer that then stop flaming my ideas. people who post here should provide insight not just "oh well if its not plat related its not good."

binding players to the game by giving more content (especially giving player generated content, with some basic common sense rules to avoid the nasty things some people would like to have). making an event maker kit with a template system. to use existing stages. script events to make the missions different. if they had space stations, massive ships and cities to walk in. a lot of people could make some fantastic things. clans being able to make their own stories, challenges and campaigns. how is that not motivating, You are getting more from the warframe universe. devs did like my idea, there is always an easier and more effective way of doing things.

nothing is impossible, there's always a better way of doing it. and money can't be everything. once they add more factions what im talking about would create even more interesting things out there in the game. its definitively something worth thinking about, and that vr rom would be good for giving people who don't have frames or weapons other than the default get a good feel for what they want. you could add imaginary forma to see how a certain build works and if you like that build or not. a shooting range with dangling targets to test how much damage you do to them could help people find out how to make a weapon better or point out if a nerf makes it not viable anymore. a lot of the ideas told in this thread are good.