The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

Miranda smiled and shifted her footing, becoming more comfortable in her natural state. "Five minutes. One twelfth of an hour. Do you know what I can do with that? I could have been home already. I could have cooked myself something small. Sketched, gotten drunk, all of these things that I can do in five minutes - and that's disregarding the emotional stretch that made it feel like an hour. Frankly, I almost wish I was never here, but then I wouldn't of had the opportunity to... educate you as to the nature of you, 'story.'"

Droben patted Abra back. "Look me in da eyes." His eyes were serious, but there was a sort of chaotic wobble to their appearance.

"Do I seem like the kind of person who would know the answer to your question?"

Miranda smiled and shifted her footing, becoming more comfortable in her natural state. "Five minutes. One twelfth of an hour. Do you know what I can do with that? I could have been home already. I could have cooked myself something small. Sketched, gotten drunk, all of these things that I can do in five minutes - and that's disregarding the emotional stretch that made it feel like an hour. Frankly, I almost wish I was never here, but then I wouldn't of had the opportunity to... educate you as to the nature of you, 'story.'"

Yvlo laughed at the Zephyr's attempt to try and annoy him, and said, "You know, you sound like the Zephyr I mentored for a few years, when she was young. Always having something to do, being rather cheeky to people. Well, she still have those traits now, but it's toned down now. I think you two might like each other well if you two meet up.". 

Halcyon slowed down so the Azreal's could catch up, but continued walking, saying,

"I am Halcyon, still yet not a master, so my name may change in the future, I'll keep that to a minimum, as it can be confusing. I really see meaning in names, so every now and then I choose a trait that I would like to see in myself, I have most recently been working on tranquility, halcyon, and it is a beautiful name. I'd been fool hardy in my youth, and now pay the price, you will most likely not see my name change in your life span, for the void has made me unaging, if not killed by some outside force, I will live forever, an unnecessarily perfect cell replication process somehow influenced by the void ensures this." He finished as they came to a stop at the repair shop. "I notice you are no stranger to the void yourself, so let's try and be careful eh?" He said, going in to show the Loki Prime around.

Miranda was stoic. "I fail to see what's so funny. And regarding your pet project, I doubt it. Whenever I find someone who others claim to be like me, they are more of a gross caricature incapable of intelligent conversation. I'd compare you to a tamed desert Skate I ran into once, but alas, I'd probably just be making myself into a hypocrite.

Droben chuckled with an absent tone. "You're funny."

"What about marijua- oh right. Extinct." He turned back to Droben and Kate. "Well Booben, I'll ask you to accompany my copilot inside, keep her company. Agatha, if your conversation with Rose was awkward, no need to make it more so. Vale, you can stay if you like, but no... Tenno DNA absorbing. I'm taking Ruth for a walk."

"Okay, Tro Abra!" The nine year old smiled.

The Oberon picked up his niece and set her on his shoulders. "You can come along if you feel like it."

Miranda was stoic. "I fail to see what's so funny. And regarding your pet project, I doubt it. Whenever I find someone who others claim to be like me, they are more of a gross caricature incapable of intelligent conversation. I'd compare you to a tamed desert Skate I ran into once, but alas, I'd probably just be making myself into a hypocrite.

"Definitely like her in her younger years.", Yvlo chuckled, then received a transmission from Zephyr

"Yngvette and I have studied the data about the Neural Sentry targeting random people, and she found out that it was due to the Neural Sentry wanting to collect all the artefacts, or something along the lines, back. She also asked if you happen to have any unsealed containers from the Old War. She said that they contain Orokin-engineered diseases. And on another note, my cephalon Titra detected an unknown camp pitched up near my home. I'm going to investigate it now. If possible, try to stay away.". 

"[size=1]That is interesting, [/size]", Yvlo muttered, then spoke up to Zarine, "So, Zephyr analysed the data with Yngvette, and they have another theory that the Neural Sentry targeted random Tenno is because it wants to have all the artefacts returned to it, since Yngvette said that some of the artefacts contain Orokin-based diseases in containers. So at least there is that preliminary analysis done for us.".

"But it is Yngvette, ", Zarine argued back, "and she is friendly and working for the Neural Sentry. Even if she had helped us, her theory can contain bias in order to hide the Sentry's ulterior motive. I think we would need to dig deeper into this.". 

"I think I know of a place to get more answers, ", Yvlo replied, "but first, I'll have to answer a question. And speaking of which, she told us to stay away from her home for now, as there is an unknown and possibly hostile camp set up near her home.". And so, he sent a quick message to Zephyr through the comm link, its contents truthfully saying, "I don't have any unsealed containers from the Old War. Was there something else that would highlight me as a target?". Once the message has been sent, he turned back to the Zephyr, saying, "Sorry for that interruption.".

(Welp. 'Nother character Deadlock. I need to stop getting my characters involved in huge groups of people.)

Nyrvynai had left the Kennel while all the adults where out at Dinner. However, not alone as her Riot Moa, Dresden accompanied her.

She quietly made her way to the spring baths in her purple one-piece bathing suit, and hopped into a nice, warm spring, gently paddling around as Dresden stood guard nearby.

Halcyon slowed down so the Azreal's could catch up, but continued walking, saying,

"I am Halcyon, still yet not a master, so my name may change in the future, I'll keep that to a minimum, as it can be confusing. I really see meaning in names, so every now and then I choose a trait that I would like to see in myself, I have most recently been working on tranquility, halcyon, and it is a beautiful name. I'd been fool hardy in my youth, and now pay the price, you will most likely not see my name change in your life span, for the void has made me unaging, if not killed by some outside force, I will live forever, an unnecessarily perfect cell replication process somehow influenced by the void ensures this." He finished as they came to a stop at the repair shop. "I notice you are no stranger to the void yourself, so let's try and be careful eh?" He said, going in to show the Loki Prime around.

Having listened intently to what Halcyon shared regarding his name and how he was somewhat connected to the Void, Azrael wondered about his own name. Thinking back to the beginnings, the name was bestowed upon him by the Orokin in the past, up until then, Azrael thought of names as nothing more than a means of identification. Intrigued from Halcyon's words, could Azrael possibly have a meaning behind his own name?

Being so deep in thought, he almost failed to notice Halcyon walking into the repair shop. Dismissing the thought, Azrael proceeded to enter the repair shop. The architecture of The Dojo never ceased to amaze him, he took a moment to admire the intricate designs of the structure, before entering the repair shop.

"Alright, so, Vladof is probably somewhere around, and he's a wizard with cybernetics and the lot, there are some counters deep inside where you can drop off your equipment to get it fixed, and to the sides are the self work smaller foundries." Halcyon summarized quickly(that's how I've always seen the repair shop in any case.) He then walked over to one of the self repair foundries to sharpen his Dual Zorens, not the flashiest or most favored of melee weapons, but the four forma in the pair of small tamohawks made them formidable.

"I'm sorry to have been interrupted," said Miranda with a sour tone in her voice.

As his body began to show signs of purging the toxin from his body, Droben's speech gradually became more comprehensible. "Why? Well, never mind. What the hell?" He started into the ship.

"I'm sorry to have been interrupted," said Miranda with a sour tone in her voice.

"You do not have to be sorry for that, ", Zarine replied to the Zephyr, completely oblivious to her sarcastic and sour tone, then tried to do some small talk, "we should be the ones to. But truth be told, your Warframe does look like Zephyr's at first glance. It might be the colour.".

"I see."

Walking over to one of the self repair foundries, he placed his damaged weapons into the chamber to initiate the repair process, paying a sum of credits. He was intrigued by the nanobots that worked in unison to restore the damaged Orokin alloys of his Prime weapons, and the robotic arm moved quickly and precisely, melting the ends so as to reattach them and cooling them with a jet of water.

It is truly surprising how quickly his weapons got repaired, for even Azrael himself will take at least half a day to manually repair his weapons. This Vladof is truly a technological genius. Having waited an hour or two, the weapons were good as new, and Azrael took them out of the chamber and inspected them, checking his Boltor Prime, his Lex Prime and his Dakra Prime. All three weapons seemed to be in good working condition.

This Dakra Prime he held in his hands meant a lot to him, for it has been passed down to him by someone he has sworn to protect. The cutting edge was one of a kind, able to slice through extremely tough Orokin armor with ease.

Satisfied, Azrael turned to face Halcyon. "Alright, I'm good to go." Azrael said, still fondling his Dakra Prime. "Anything else of interest in this Dojo that you would mind showing me? I owe you one." He continued.

"Not all that much is really spectacular about the dojo, a lot of the people in it however are incredibly intriguing, if some times trying. I heard they've got a pretty good steak house though, so that might be worth a look. But before that, you feel like doing some training? I've recently had my arm fixed, and before hand I couldn't use any of my abilities on pain of extreme cold and death. I got it a couple days ago, and was actually coming back from some training when I found you. You up for it? The duel rooms aren't crazy far away from the restaurants 'n such." Halcyon said, sheathing the dual Zorens into his back.

"Not all that much is really spectacular about the dojo, a lot of the people in it however are incredibly intriguing, if some times trying. I heard they've got a pretty good steak house though, so that might be worth a look. But before that, you feel like doing some training? I've recently had my arm fixed, and before hand I couldn't use any of my abilities on pain of extreme cold and death. I got it a couple days ago, and was actually coming back from some training when I found you. You up for it? The duel rooms aren't crazy far away from the restaurants 'n such." Halcyon said, sheathing the dual Zorens into his back.

"Training? Why, I will be glad to assist."

Seemingly forgetting about his fatigue, Azrael sheathed his Dakra Prime.

"So.... Where would the nearest Dueling room be?"

With Kate and Droben off somewhere, Felix once again was abandoned.  Assuming Fae was busy, he had no option but to be alone.  He decided to head back to his shop and hangout there.

Rodney dropped off his Kubrow at his room, as well as a bit of dog food for it.  Taking off his Warframe, he looked in the mirror.  With a long head of blond hair, somewhat slim face, and blue eyes, he study his looks for a little while.  "Hair's too long."  he said, while simultaneously grabbing a pair of scissors and cutting it down to about an inch.  Looking through his closet, he decide to go casual, with just some jeans and a t-shirt.  Running a bit long, he ran back to the kennel, hoping the group was still there.  "Hello?  You guys here?"

As Yvlo and Zarine continued chatting with the Zephyr, they received the message from Zephyr, saying to come back quickly as the access to her cave was blocked off by the hostile people at the camp, and they have captured Yngvette, so she needed extra assistance. 

"Right, ", Yvlo said as he finished reading the message, "that means there's a change of plans. Our date's been cut short. Zarine, we have to leave now. I'll see if I can make up for that.". 

"Do not worry about that, ", Zarine replied as she stood up, then started running back to the ship parking space, "as we said and promised in the war: Duty comes first over our relationship. Actually, just most of the time.". 

Yvlo nodded as he ran with her, and they soon arrived at the ship parking space, where they quickly boarded their ship, with Yvlo saying, "Al, set the quickest course for Earth. And try to land us in somewhere out of sight from the cave, so we'll have the element of surprise.". 

"Yes, Operator.", Al replied, and started the ship, lifting off the ground, taxiing out of The Dojo, then quickly flew back to Earth.

(OOC: And now, Zarine and Yvlo will be at the Crashed Pod IC thread)

((Okay... I guess Miranda's chilling in the gardens now. Droben's still just being Droben.))

(OOC: I kind of planned for Yvlo, Zarine and Zephyr to have one of the longest continuities in the RP forums, so it may go against your [and anyone else that is interacting with my characters] plans). 

((Reluctantly understanding. Have fun and good luck))

(OOC: Then again, once the stuff at Crashed Pod is done, I may move Zephyr over to here, since I planned for her to stay in here for a few days to sell a few things, and just rest from all the fighting. And maybe interact with a few characters)

Edited by Renegade343