Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno, This Is What End Game Looks Like

ALDO

Disclaimer: This is an accurate representation of my daily routine and does not, in any way, shape, or form, accurately reflect what DE intended for end-game to be. "End-game", for my case, is having all planet nodes unlocked, having most of the mods, having mastered all the prime frames/weapons and most of the other Warframes and weapons. (Optional: Purchasing all the syandanas, colour palettes, Immortal skins, and weapon skins // Extreme case: Purchasing all the Icon Packs)

Phase 1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Constantly check Warframe Tracker Apps for alerts or invasions that yield promising rewards

II. Start out by checking Warframe for any upcoming updates/livestreams/devstreams

III. Log in daily to roll for a daily reward

IV. Maintenance on titan extractors on four planets (Orokin Cell/Neurodes/Neural Sensors)

V. Claim your completed Forma and start construction for another one (if you have the blueprints)

VI. Toggle the Recruiting and Trading chat tabs to get the feed up and running

VII. Enter Clan dojo and queue/claim any frame/weapon research

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phase 2--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Do alerts if yield Orokin Catalyst/Reactor or Forma

II. Do invasions if yield Orokin Catalyst/Reactor or Forma

III. Check Trading for any mod sellers of mods I don't currently own or good deals

IV. Switch to Arsenal and equip gear yet to be mastered

V. Get onto Recruiting and run keys over and over until said gear are maxed

VI. With accumulated credits and fusion cores from key grind, pump into X/10 Mods

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phase 3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Repeat daily

That is a quick peek into the current end-game for Warframe.

Planets: Check
Warframes: Check
Weapons: Check
Prime Gear: Check
Orokin Derelict Keys: Check
Tower Void Keys: Check
End-game boss: Non-existent (unless Lephantis is considered as one)
Mods: On-going

Completing planetary nodes and mastering warframes, weapons, and Prime gear contribute to a higher Mastery Rank.

- Planets, warframes, and weapons can be worked on as soon as the tutorial is completed.
- Eventually leading up to earning Orokin Derelict Keys and Tower Void Keys, which yield Prime Gear.
- Having a person piggyback through every said content is also an option

Mastery Rank improvement opens up more rank-locked Warframes and weapons to further improve rank.

Nekros, can arguably be an end-game frame from the end-game bossLephantis. Let me explain further.

Lephantis is the "final" boss found in the Orokin Derelict Assasination Mission, which takes 1 hour to build a key
Nekros' blueprint costs the highest, valued at 100,000 credits

Coming back to Mastery Rank, aside from unlocking more content, it allows for deployment of more Titan Extractors and most importantly, MORE TRADES PER DAYThis ties very well with the end-game goal of collecting all the mods available in-game.

With that said, I come to the conclusion that...

Mods ARE the true end-game. This is what continues to keep players' interest by going back and hunting for mods either by grinding a particular loot table or by buying them from a seller in the Trading chat. One can have completed everything else but mods are never truly finished. Mods exist in Warframe to allow infinite re-playability of already mastered gear by allowing trial-and-error combinations.

BUT...

Should Warframe's end-game be synonymous with mods? Because that's what it is to me now, a Pokedex simulator. I just gotta catch'em all, WARFRAMON!
Edited by ALDO

Steam lists Warframe under the "Grind" and "Farm" tag.

I thought it was a joke, but it's true.

I never thought I'd see the day a Third Person Shooter would bring about the feelings of grinding and farming. DE is a master at blending the genres, I can tell you that.

yep, what this game lacks is some sort of final-boss mode which you can farm for drops and things to sell. otherwise it's exactly as you said, "gotta mod em all!"

my daily routine involves more "farm dat platinum" for colors and stuff like that however. but i guess that falls into your "check the trading tabs for good deals"

I'm really holding back in this thread, Aldo, so I apologize.

Warframe really doesn't need an "end boss" or "final boss" or even "end game." Shooters need to be about the small battles, not the large ones.

If we were rewarded for style instead of grind, you'd see a huge change in the suggestions for end game.

yep, what this game lacks is some sort of final-boss mode which you can farm for drops and things to sell. otherwise it's exactly as you said, "gotta mod em all!"

my daily routine involves more "farm dat platinum" for colors and stuff like that however. but i guess that falls into your "check the trading tabs for good deals"

Ah, thanks for mentioning that, I forgot to add that to the completionists' list ^_^

I'm really holding back in this thread, Aldo, so I apologize.

Warframe really doesn't need an "end boss" or "final boss" or even "end game." Shooters need to be about the small battles, not the large ones.

If we were rewarded for style instead of grind, you'd see a huge change in the suggestions for end game.

I agree with you fully on this one, Archistopheles.

I'm kinda sad to see that Warframe followed a grind-for-loot system rather than that of say a game like Tom Clancy's shooters where it's a TPS focused on team objectives.

I would much prefer to be rewarded for completing a team-based objective with style points rather than bum-rushing solo any content with Rhino Stomp insta-win.

I agree with you fully on this one, Archistopheles.

I'm kinda sad to see that Warframe followed a grind-for-loot system rather than that of say a game like Tom Clancy's shooters where it's a TPS focused on team objectives.

I would much prefer to be rewarded for completing a team-based objective with style points rather than bum-rushing solo any content with Rhino Stomp insta-win.

I can't believe I'm about to say this... It must be because it's saturday and I know DE isn't on right now, but look at Battlefield 4.

Points (Affinity) are rewarded for kills, but also for different types of kills. Snipers get bonus for distance and accuracy. There are bonuses for headshots, healing, resupplying (buffing).

Why don't we get bonuses for slide kills? Wall run kills? Sneak attacks are getting there.. *cough stealth 1.0 cough* Give the player a little feeling of joy each time they pull off an above average kill.

Bottom line? Mastery needs to be more about how good we as players are, not how many longswords we've farmed to 30 and then sold.

I have to ask, are we confined to Solar System? It's not like we'll ever have a teleport to Sirius where all nodes are between 50 and 75... Then endgame is a tricky thing to pull.

Granted, solo endgame is running nightmare missions.

For now, yes.

The next expanse that we've been told about is the "bad lands," but no teleporters in this game. We have to have clans make solar-rail towers to the new areas.

With regards to the proposed end-game content that DE are planning, it's going to take quite some time for them to solidify and bring out an early-alpha version for us to play with. Latest to expect them should be no later than Q4 of 2014, or else it's just going to be filled with mini-Tenno Reinforcements and the occasional introduction of "new shortcut mechanics", for example the Legendary Cores and Prime part trading to bypass two supposedly end-game content they "used" to have, which are farming up resources to max mods and grinding towers for prime gear.

I can't believe I'm about to say this... It must be because it's saturday and I know DE isn't on right now, but look at Battlefield 4.

Points (Affinity) are rewarded for kills, but also for different types of kills. Snipers get bonus for distance and accuracy. There are bonuses for headshots, healing, resupplying (buffing).

Why don't we get bonuses for slide kills? Wall run kills? Sneak attacks are getting there.. *cough stealth 1.0 cough* Give the player a little feeling of joy each time they pull off an above average kill.

Bottom line? Mastery needs to be more about how good we as players are, not how many longswords we've farmed to 30 and then sold.

mastery points for style kills or something instead of just grind a bunch of weapons? yus please.