Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Cores Are Ruining The Game. Who The F*** Came Up With This Idea?

2Fat2Kill2

Okay I'm not quite that annoyed by these stupid cores but extra attention is good :3

Here's my how I interpret things:

Some bright spark didn't think about a 14 drain steel charge being op.
Some even brighter spark decides to overcompensate some players up to 48 times.
The brightest spark decides to leak this information so the cores can be farmed(Yeah... some people even got 80 cores, pretty much giving them the right to play monopoly)

What has this done to Warframe?

To put it short, it has screwed over the purpose of Warframe in its entirety because the devs don't even balance - This is really becoming a serious issue and I won't go over every major balancing flaw but also when it comes to weapon sided balancing...

Take the Akmagnus for example. Upon release it had 8.7 rps, 100 damage, some pretty good crit stats. Talk about OP... Then they decide to nerf it down to under 400 base dps with practically no crit stats? And then a buff to give it one of the best crit stats and status chances for secondaries? How do things like this even happen?!?! And I see people crying about this and that being overpowered but it's understandable to grasp veterans' attention, they've got to introduce more and more overpowered gear. That's totally understandable but then, the older weapons are just absolutely trash. Take the Soma for example, and compare it to a weapon of a similar class, the Supra. See what I mean?

And this "Legendary core" issue is the most detrimental to Warframe itself...
It has ruined the idea of grinding though make no mistake, I don't exactly appreciate this factor much either but flipping the game around isn't exactly the wisest decision, especially since there are more viable options such as toning down the mod fusion equation down to Energy needed = rank^1.75 instead of rank^2 for example
And not to mention completely and utterly broke our market prices, considering how Warframe isn't the best at luring in new players as there barely is a tutorial which even DE has openly admitted
This has also &!$$ed off many veterans

What should be done?
DE should have just manually reversed the steel charge fusions and nerfed it to 5 ranks but instead of having that relatively minute imbalance with steel charge at 10 ranks, you've decided to hand the cores out so numerously to the extent it seems to be 1:1 to the community members? I simply could not care less how much menial labor it would taken but I believe it is about time they took the whole balancing issue seriously and have full responsibility for the imbalance in the game. This could also and most importantly, serve as a learning curve to the whole company.

I will be checking this often and hopefully reasonable action will be taken in regards to the general balancing of this game. Though I highly doubt they could be bothered reversing the countless transactions people have made using those cores, the general balancing shouldn't take much effort. I've been passive about your mindless balancing up until this point but this change you've implemented may just about flip Warframe upside down. Though despite being so overly critical about such matters, I sincerely support the game and its whole concept. It's great! Just needs to be properly reworked.

Edited by 2Fat2Kill2

DE has stated that they have had basically no impact on the game economy and are fine with what happened. They said you can't please everyone and that's obviously true.

Also if its not affecting market prices (I trust DE who's job it is took watch these kind of things over you) then it doesn't affect you. I got my 2 and am perfectly happy with the solution

Legendary Core
A large number of players voiced concerns that the Legendary Core was a poor solution to the Steel Charge change, and that it would ultimately hurt Warframe. For the past few days, I watched the selling price and trade rates for the Legendary Cores. So far, there has not been a significant impact on the in-game economy.

We did our best to inform everyone about the Steel Charge as soon as possible. Some players felt that the advanced notice was used to exploit the change to get as many Legendary Cores as possible. Unfortunately, we could not offer a solution that would please everyone, so we decided that allowing some players to acquire extra Legendary Cores was worth the risk if it meant we could communicate the change earlier. 

Having said all that, this is not the last of Legendary Cores. It's the first of its kind in terms of rarity, and we know how to better handle such items now. 

You can see the original Steel Charge announcement here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182094-steel-charge-update/

Source community hottopics feb 21st

Edited by immolator1001

Yeah, it's a classic case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Let's say they nerfed it, with no 'compensation' then what? Bunch of people with rank 10 complaining (sure, a lot with rank 10 are complaining DESPITE compensation)

Sure, they could have scaled the reward with the rank, but that'd require some serious effort, thought, and time, wouldn't it be easier just to make everyone happy? I mean, the compensation is huge. Much joy, many cores, so wow.

But yeah, it's just bit them in the backside, and now they've learnt...all stick, no carrot. Then another wave of complaints will come in.

I honestly feel sorry for them.

DE has stated that they have had basically no impact on the game economy and are fine with what happened. They said you can't please everyone and that's obviously true.

Also if its not affecting market prices (I trust DE who's job it is took watch these kind of things over you) then it doesn't affect you. I got my 2 and am perfectly happy with the solution

Source community hottopics feb 21st

They know nothing. Rares have split over 2 times in price within hours of its release.

I don't agree with OP, but I do think DE could have thought more carefully about how to inform the community beforehand, and whether anyone with a dozen r6+ steel charges really needed two legendary cores per steel charge. Two LCs per player that met the requirements would have been fine.

Yeah, it's a classic case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Let's say they nerfed it, with no 'compensation' then what? Bunch of people with rank 10 complaining (sure, a lot with rank 10 are complaining DESPITE compensation)

Sure, they could have scaled the reward with the rank, but that'd require some serious effort, thought, and time, wouldn't it be easier just to make everyone happy? I mean, the compensation is huge. Much joy, many cores, so wow.

But yeah, it's just bit them in the backside, and now they've learnt...all stick, no carrot. Then another wave of complaints will come in.

I honestly feel sorry for them.

Ehh wouldn't have been too hard at all... just follow the mod equations with energy needed= rank^2 and double compensation would be fine but not 48x.

DE said thay would make the game less grindy, players loved the idea.

I guess you can't please everyone

And they really thought a one time fix would last forever? Gee... seems like I'm not the only one who's lost faith in them but shouldn't they be the last one to lose faith in themselves?

They know nothing. Rares have split over 2 times in price within hours of its release.

I mean no. COmpared to when trading was first implemented maybe, since most prices have been steadily going down but over the course of 4 days they have stayed about the same. 

Remember there is always so variability in price and you can't watch over every trade in every region like they can. If you're just going to say that DE is lying to cover themselves then you are obviously not a veteran.

What I like most about DE is that they admit when they messed up and pay players back (U10 clan tech, the detron, invasion speeds).

PS if rares have halved in value then good someone shouldn't be able to spend $35 on a mod.

Edited by immolator1001

I mean no. COmpared to when trading was first implemented maybe, since most prices have been steadily going down but over the course of 4 days they have stayed about the same. 

Remember there is always so variability in price and you can't watch over every trade in every region like they can. If you're just going to say that DE is lying to cover themselves then you are obviously not a veteran.

What I like most about DE is that they admit when they messed up and pay players back (U10 clan tech, the detron, invasion speeds).

It's very obvious the prices have fallen wayyy too much than they should have. There's nothing you can argue against that. It's a fact now since I can go derp around and buy a bunch of rare 10 this and that for 300p each when I clearly remember they were at least 600p.

You failed to note that half the players who earned their legendary cores still haven't gotten them. Legendary cores were a good idea, just not the whole 2 cores per steel charge thing, 2 cores per player with overranked steel charge would have been fine.

Like I've said, its the sheer amount of overcompensation that has caused all this...

It's very obvious the prices have fallen wayyy too much than they should have. There's nothing you can argue against that. It's a fact now since I can go derp around and buy a bunch of rare 10 this and that for 300p each when I clearly remember they were at least 600p.

Are you talking about 600plat heavy calibur to the now 350plat heavy cal?

Just wait until they release legendary cores elsewhere. They said they are NOT exclusive.

Eventually, they'll be less of a 'big deal'. Best thing to do it just accept it.

Yeah I originally thought like you but then I forgot how ambiguous it is to those people who are completely new to Warframe.

So you're saying that DE is lying?

I can argue that I remember mods being sold for 600p (in the beginning), and I can also remember them being sold for 300p prior to legendary cores. There is a massive fluctuation in the value of mods because its just what people will pay for them. And if you hadn't noticed that mods were steadily dropping in prices as more and more came into existence that doesn't mean that legendary cores caused it. They were always dropping.