Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow For Slides To Do Damage/stun/stumble To Opponents

Zelmanov

Not all 3, just one of those would be nice, like the beta trailer, instantly reminded me of the sliding dash melee attacks you could do in Vanquish, you'd slide at an opponent, use them to kick off them and as they are stunned, blast them in mid air while doing a flip. Vanquish is a poorly documented game however so I can't find aclip of that particular action. (of course slowing down time can't exactly be done, but still a cool thing to do, and as far as I see about warframe, the game is all about being able to do cool things, even if they arne't always practical)

I can understand though that theonly issue may be is that some people use the slide as an escape (I know I do) and don't need your warframe kicking off every enemy as you try to slide past. It'd be cool though, maybe even aiming down sights can "Trigger" the mechanic, so that it is a bit more controllable

Guess I really never landed it, sorry about that, XD. But if any of you ahve played vanquish, you can see how it is implemented there, you make contact while sliding on the ground, you kick off of them (like you do when running up a wall) as they stumble backwards. Which would feel nice and natural.

Especially since this game is making an effort for a lot of situational animations, (like the downed enemy stab, or the new stealth kill) it'd be cool for the ground slide to do damage as well.

My philosophy with this game has never been practicality, it is about style, yes I have a killer melee attack already while sliding, but what if I want to kick them? Same thing with the wall run, I've only found 1 hallway where I can use it effectively and it has to be against infected. That hallway being the space station room with elevators on both sides and a middle bridge, and that hallway would be the loooong hallway.

But yeah, more situtational animations then, of course fixbugs first bt I think he game will benefit from the "I can't believe I can do that on a whim" factor, like being able to backflip on command, john woo dive and shoot, etc.