Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

Players are reasonably upset by something. Of course they are going to continue giving feedback and criticism on the matter.

"Sit down and shutup" is hardly a reasonable thing to expect on a forum - a place meant for discussion.

^Not to imply that you said or meant that.

Oh no. I'm just saying there were about 8 threads today about exclusives. Usually there's one a week or so. No doubt spurred by the new primes coming out and the soon unavailable Misa Prime Syandana.

I've already accepted the fact that I'll never get a Braton and Lato Vandal. Those guys who were in closed beta deserve those items.

If you're talking about event weapons sure, but DE already hinted at them making a comeback.

Discuss away. You have every right to. :)

Edit: grammar/spelling

Edited by sushidubya

If the Brakk is brought back I want a chance to get all the weapons I've missed like the Snipetron Vandal, Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, etc.

BTW, I really don't want any of these weapons brought back, but if you're going to bring the Brakk back then you might as well bring back the rest.

I feel they should ALL be brought back, but only as special events. Like they said in livestreams, it's like the Disney vault...bring it out, put it way for awhile...bring out, put it back away again. It keeps it somewhat special, but new players get a chance to have it too. 

How fair is it anyway, if someone got the XP off of several weapons no one else can get? That means that person is able to hit a player mastery rank others have no chance to reach no matter what. I also feel that since no one can have the old Prime set of gear (unless brought back for cold hard cash like it was before), the old Prime gear should not give us XP. Since this game gives XP per item leveled, we all need to chance to access that XP as well.

People are so hateful to new players in this game, makes me sad.

It's a really nice, and powerful shotgun. Arguably one of the best ones.

Can new players have the power of the wraith?

Why not just wait till the Boar Vandal is put up as reward for a mini event that allows you to get a regular Boar blueprint aswell? Or for the Sobek/Hek Wraith.

There will be plenty of opportunities to get exclusive nice weapons. No need to convince DE into breaking the ONE exclusive thing players still have left to get.

not to mention we've already seen event rewards return in the flavor of some of the mods.

It makes me laugh a bit. People keep paying a couple hundred plat for Cicero mod sets. It's going to suck having to dig through the hundreds of forum posts once they are released to the Jungle Tileset.

Issue: People want to have the exclusive weapons.

Break-down:

- People say exclusives should be available.

- Counter argument is that they were rewards for events, and should only be available for that event.

Well, that was difficult.

DE have said that event rewards that have passed will return at a later date, players will have an oppurtunity to have a chance to get them again. It won't be tomorrow that every weapon we've collectively missed will be up for grabs.

At the end of the day, you should only be able to get event rewards for, you know, participating in events. If you missed it, then that's not DE's fault. If you failed to get it no matter how hard you tried at the time, then either they will have fixed the issues for the next run or you will be better equipped to handle the event.

A note of caution though - the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal were specifically closed beta tester rewards. If you were not present then I am of the mind you wont ever have them. Having said that they are not superior weapons, so I urge you to hold back on raging about them. They're not worth it. For the collectors however, I can't pose an argument against you except to appeal to a sense of presence - the closed beta testers were here long before you and experienced weathered a lot of broken, breaking and sub par gameplay - as was their purpose. They stuck by the game anyway because they saw the potential. To ask that you get a shot at the weapons both snubs the testers for their time here and also spits at DE for choosing to reward loyalty.

At the end of the day, I approve of DE's rewarding the CBT's. It makes sense, and those players didn't get anything game-breakingly potent except for what is essentially just a badge that says they were here and, on the side of that, also shoots bullets.

In summation I'd like to say that I understand that you want the guns, some of them are not going to be in your possession and that's something you need to reconcile with. The others will be available in time so be patient, you'll get your chance again.

I am sorry that people are getting upset that they feel cheated that the things they worked real hard to get might be given out like it is an episode of Oprah. *sarcasm*

It's not like people are asking for weapons for free. S#&$, just getting the BP would be enough to please most.

People around for the event got 26 plat worth of a slot and potato.

It makes me laugh a bit. People keep paying a couple hundred plat for Cicero mod sets. It's going to suck having to dig through the hundreds of forum posts once they are released to the Jungle Tileset.

Oh, I'm looking forward to it, it's going to be amazing. all the frustration and rage.... mmmmm. delicious. 

Used my magic powers to compact the majority of similar feedback and discussion into one big thread.

The title of this thread is false.

The only exclusive items are Founder items.

The word "exclusive" is never mentioned in any of the events.

Ironically, the people saying "exclusive" are the ones being unnecessarily entitled.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74111-spy-drone-community-event-july-5-%E2%80%93-8th/

^Snipetron Vandal: No mentions of exclusive or limited weapons to the event

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100322-survival-weekend/

^Strun Wraith: Can you find where it says it is exclusive to hte event?

The Cicero Crisis page was deleted and only the PS4 page remains.

Here lets look at that new page and you point out where it says "Event Exclusive"

https://warframe.com/news/ps4-cicero-crisis

Lots of mentions of exclusives right?

Never will return right?

Honestly, exclusives are no foul to me as long as there's something on the market that can get the job done. I have no exclusives and I'm doing just fine. You want a Brakk for a job a Penta could do just as well? Doesn't make sense to me.

I guess the long run of the argument is, will there be just enough weapons and warframes to get us all to rank thirty in a several years, including or excluding the exclusives? That's what's in the backs of everyone's heads.

Ironically, the people saying "exclusive" are the ones being unnecessarily entitled.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74111-spy-drone-community-event-july-5-%E2%80%93-8th/

Here lets look at that new page and you point out where it says "Event Exclusive"

Never will return right?

But if everyone has a set of wraith vipers, how will anyone know that I am special and better then them?

Honestly, exclusives are no foul to me as long as there's something on the market that can get the job done. I have no exclusives and I'm doing just fine. You want a Brakk for a job a Penta could do just as well? Doesn't make sense to me.

I guess the long run of the argument is, will there be just enough weapons and warframes to get us all to rank thirty in a several years, including or excluding the exclusives? That's what's in the backs of everyone's heads.

750 weapons. That is how many weapons you need to hit Rank 30 from 0.

Never will return right?

You're correct. But in regards to the things people choose to argue about in this topic you tend to have people completely ignore that.

I can't think of a single event reward item aside from perhaps the retired Snipetron Vandal that I've ever gotten the feeling we'll never see again.

I believe the assumption that these items are exclusive is based solely on the fact that DE has never recycled and old award into a new one at this point, so it no doubt looks to some like they have no such intention.