Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Supra Need Rebalancing?

LikeABawsh

The Supra was never a good gun.  Upping its stats will not change this fact.  The horrible accuracy and just as bad reload times just make this gun no fun to use.  It's like trying to carve an one inch ice sculpture with a full chainsaw: maybe with practice you can get something that could look ok, but it will be a completely bloody mess.

You gotta elaborate a little more on that, dude. I can think of a few exceptions to this method of thinking. Synapse starts off as an inefficient weapon that occasionally critical hits. But with time, it becomes an unstoppable beast.

The Supra doesn't need rebalancing; we just need a lot less power creep.

Even without power creep, it is still an expensive boon doggle.

Supra.

Increase damage to 40.

Projectile speed 100 m/s (same as dera)

Reload 3 seconds.

135 rounds per Magazine.

Now here is the biggie.

Innate puncture of 1m.

I am done.

Edited by fatpig84

I love Supra so much ive made this 9x Forma.... after long time of usage I think.... nono I ORDER DEV'S to buff this weapon... these percents seriously -.- Supra suppose to be Somas rival after all... Am I right ? 

Supra Mastery Level 7

Soma Mastery Level 6 

HELLO???

Edited by Leinender

You gotta elaborate a little more on that, dude. I can think of a few exceptions to this method of thinking. Synapse starts off as an inefficient weapon that occasionally critical hits. But with time, it becomes an unstoppable beast.

I guess I haven't tried Synapse since damage 2.0, but I remember having the critical pumped so high that every single tick was a critical hit yellow number, frying everything in its path.  It was truly a beast.

The Supra, I got that thing up to level 30 without a potato and could never find a good way to use the weapon well.  The reload was annoying, the damage wasn't enough to kill most things, and I've seen storm trooper rifles more accurate than that thing making criticals and head shots incredibly difficult.  All in all, not my kind of gun, unless somehow the gun changed amazingly with damage 2.0.

No.

You're not funny.

'Good' theoretical DPS assuming every shot hits(which they won't), infernal reload, lack of both crit and status chances, low projectile velocity... but very sexy. And MR7. Rebalancing for this weapon is long overdue. But I suppose painting a room with energy bolts has its own charm.

Await the Supra 'masters' coming in to tell you to git gud cuz being able to lead targets makes you a warfarm mast3r.

What Supra needs is another role. The current role is overshadowed by Soma completely now.

Before Soma, Gorgon did the exact same thing as Supra, only better despite the DPS difference. A weapon you cannot hit anything with will still be worse at the end of the day. The travel time completely makes this weapon pointless with the options available. Therefore the logical solution is to change the role of the weapon.

I present to you, the re-imagined Supra Vandal which should replace the original Supra in clan tech:

- Make available ammo pool bigger (900-1000 rounds with maxed out Ammo Drum)

- New ammo type: Energy cell, 10 per package, keeps the ammo depletion fairly steady

- Make clips reload faster

- Reduce travel time to the point where it's almost hitscan, but not quite. This gives the illusion of more power.

- Make spin-up faster, but still retain it to signal that this is a heavy weapon

- Change SFX and make reloading, spin-up and firing sound mechanical and electronic. (think DOOM 3s chaingun) It should be a heavy mechanical operated industrial plasma weapon, not a childrens pew pew toy.

- Make fire rate much slower

- Make weapon proc knockdowns on enemies at a low percent

- Remove crit entirely

- Make status around 10-15%

- Limit player movement speed while firing for any other frames than Rhino, and Valkyr to sell it's heavy weapon persona

- Keep accuracy/damage very low at extreme range, but offer decent accuracy to close-midrange

- Allow existing owners to utilize special blueprint to upgrade existing Supra (similar to making dual handguns) or to keep their old one and craft an entirely new Supra

- Lock new Supra to Mastery 10 since it's going to be very powerful

So there you have it, a heavy weapon that's somewhere inbetween Quake 3s BFG variant and DOOM 3s chaingun. Please note that the persona changes with emcumbrance and sound effects are crucial to sell this edition since it should offer both good usage and also a pleasing aestethic at the same time.

The damage is not REALLY the problem of the Supra, or at least not nearly the most pressing one. The problem is that with its combination of slow travel time, high recoil and intense spread this heavy machine gun can not reliably hit ANYTHING beyond point blank range. For its extremely high price, this gun is just extremely lackluster. Just speed up its plasma bolts to Dera level, that would already go a VERY long way.

wow imagine a metallic teal SUPRA VANDAL decorated with Lotus decals around the main housing

comes with a much faster reload speed, higher base damage, higher crit and status chance and slightly faster projectile speed

now that would be a fine event weapon, very fine indeed  

MR10 o.O

Yes, this is to ensure that people realize that this is not just another weapon. It requires mastery and it requires a significant time investment. If just anyone can bang it out in a few days, it'll be simply a replacement for Soma and that's not the role for it. The weapon should be powerful, but also require that you work for it.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Yeah that poor thing needs help.

How to balance it ?

You could simply reduce the cost by 40% and make it a mastery 5

Or if you want to keep its big price something like this.

Like you say it, the thing has to many downsides for the meh upside, so i would say

Increase the mag size to 130

Reduce the reloadtime by 25%

Give it a switched firebloom, something like :the longer you hold down the trigger the tighter the cone gets.