Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For A Truly Defensive Warframe

jjpdn

I read through all of the Warframe description and abilities on Warframe wiki and I can't really find a character that truly defends. All of them are well rounded in attack and defense or just beats up people. So, I was thinking, maybe there should be a Warframe that is a pacifist. Do you guys agree with me? And is this the correct forum to post this?

Warframe name: Fortis

Appearance: Plates looks less organic and more blocky. Nowhere is not protected. Could look like a female, but would probably look cooler if male (no offense, girls). Though, might be a good idea to add female tanks.

Shield: 150 (max at 450)
Health: 150 (max at 450)
Power: 100 (max at 150) ("HOLY CRAP" I know.)
Armor: 189.99999 (just for the sake of it)
Stamina: 60 (because of not enough military training)
Run: 0.7 (i know its really low)
Polarities: 4 Scratch, 2 D, Bar aura polarity

OLD DEBAUF: WEAPON ACCURACY -30%, WEAPON RELOAD -30%, MAX AMMO -30% ("what? debauf?" I'll show you why), only given by default helmet (so you can change to an alternate helmet which removes debaufs but give -50% shields)

Abilities:

Riot Shield (25 power):
Click once to activate. Creates a shield in front (looks like that grineer shield guy except more tenno-ish), have to use secondary/melee. Shield disapears after 10/15/20/25 sec. Really big shield, so big you could almost have a teammate hide behind you. -20% more run. Shield bash.

Armour Restructure (50 power):

All allies get armour x 3 and that also affect shields for a short time (5/7/9/12 sec?)

EX: If armour = 190. 190 x 3 = 570. You then get 570 armour that also affects shields.

Negotiations (75 power) (i know, "WTF"):
All enemies in range are teleported out/retreat after a ten second heated discussion, 40% chance of failure which result in the enemy getting +50% damage (enemies suddenly jump a few levels) with no enemy 'run aways' (more affinity though). 'run away' enemies still gives you drops but except with a +100% chance of rares (power takes 10 sec). Interruption by allies will result in automatic failure. Interruption by enemies (5% chance) will result in automatic failure but +25% damage for allies.

Portable Shield (100 power)

Creates a shield on the ground, a bit like Volt's ability but movable and 'pickuable' by all the players. Picking the shield gives you the same power as riot shield except you can you your primary weapons too. Bigger than Volt's shield when on the ground.

OLD IDEA

Portable Defense Tower (100 power) (needs a new name):

Creates a defensive tower that other players can get into using a button (maybe x). Health of tower is decided by total squad health at time of use times 2 and max shield is decided by the total amount of max shield inside tower (walking out then going back inside will only increase MAX) times 2. Adds defensive turrets (like the corpus ones) and +30% accuracy, +20% power range (probably not over max), +40% power duration (while inside tower), +20% power strengh, +50% impact damage of all weapons, status chance of weapons and powers X2 (may get to 100%). (only one per map). (recasting will delete previous) May be kind of OP if used with blessing (EX: BONUS + INVINCIBILITY). Warning: Four Warframes, each facing one of the four directions.

OLD IDEA:
Barrier (100 power):
Creates a barrier. Friendlies can go close to it and press a button to go into a defensive position (sort of like creating a bunker) Lasts until barrier breaks (2000 hp? I dont know), size limited by space

OLD IDEA:

ProtectoBots (100 power) (needs a better name):
Creates shields (2 ON EACH ALLY) that revolve around friendlies, blocks all damage that touches each shield (250 health each). Bots reflext enemy melee hits (but also still gets damaged) CAN STACK TO 20!

Warning: I know it sounds stupid, but I think it will be cool
Please use constructive criticism and say why. Examples of what to not reply with (Please?): "You suck.", "You're awesome!"

Edited by jjpdn

So ult could spawn shield ospreys and healer drones.  You'd want the energy to balance out.
I like the 1, the 2 seems a bit out of game style, the 3 is like Volt's shield with a hunker down emote, and the 4 costs too much.

Just a little balancing, and I could appreciate this.

Alt Abilities:

1 (25 Energy): Riot Shield : Creates a solid shield (like Volt's) that lasts for a timer, nullifying all damage dealt to it.  Hitting 1 again will make Fortress hunker down and expand the shield.  Think Planetside 2's shield.

2 (50 Energy): Buffer : All allies gain 50% DR for timer.  Like Trinity's ult with no heals, shorter cast animation, and only 50% instead of 100% DR, hence half the energy.

3 (Drain 5 per second): Bunker : Creates a dome like Frost's Snow Globe that grows in size as more energy is put in.  The dome heals when not taking damage and can take up to x amount damage before shattering catastrophically, like Nyx Absorb.  When timer up, it explodes, dealing damage based on time spent bunkering.  All damage is stopped when contacting the dome, allies can shoot out of it.

4: (100 Energy): Reinforcements : Spawns 2 drones around each ally that increase armor by x/x/x/x, heal for x/x/x/x per second HP and shields, and replenish x/x/x/x ammo.

Character backstory:

A thousand+ years ago, in a galax- (SMACK) uh I mean...

Was a civilian engineer. Got tired of war. Joined to make a difference and to save more people (likes to be a hero)

Edited by jjpdn

yeah kinda but i prefer more of a sword thing with a more robotic feel to it and i want the 4th to buff my melee and do like a big show offy effect or something you know?

still like this idea

Edited by V45H

Well, I wanted it to be purely defensive and no added buffs to increase 'characterness'. Thats why his POWER is freaken high and the extra debaufs on himself. For 1, I really wanted a sort of Grineer shield guy like thing (mobile shield). For 2, I did not want another buff thing. Me say negotiations because it seems like what a pacifist would do. You know how all warframes are suppose to be a 'character'? And 4 costs so much because it is suppose to be overpowered.

Well, I wanted it to be purely defensive and no added buffs to increase 'characterness'. Thats why his POWER is freaken high and the extra debaufs on himself. For 1, I really wanted a sort of Grineer shield guy like thing (mobile shield). For 2, I did not want another buff thing. Me say negotiations because it seems like what a pacifist would do. You know how all warframes are suppose to be a 'character'? And 4 costs so much because it is suppose to be overpowered.

ALL JUDGMENTS BASED ON CURRENT WARFRAME TRENDS

The energy increase never stopped Nova or Volt, so I'd advise you stick to the 25/x/x/100 energy scheme they got going.  Warframes have no innate DEbuffs, save helmets, though a debuff may change things up a little.  The heath and shields and armor may need to be modded, based on balance.  The 2 seems a little bit of a panic button.  Maybe it teleports all enemies around him to a random location on the map, immediately, with a 75 energy cost?  His ult OP?  Nah, if I can build a Trinity that gives 30 sec of PURE INVULNERABILITY for no downsides at 70 energy, this guy's ult is not OP.

How? Doesn't duration only give you maximum of +120% ? And don't forget, this warframe is modable too (duration mods don't do much on this warframe , though)

Fleeting + Streamline combo for 25 energy ult takes away half of the duration, after all the calculations are said and done, you're left with 20 seconds of godmode on Trinity for a single orb of energy. Combine this with Natural Talent and you have only a split second in which your squad is vulnerable.

+129% power (blind rage and focus)

+ 41% efficiency (fleeting and streamline)

= (4 bots per ally) and each bot has 500+ health and costs 59 energy

Vs

20 sec of invincibility cost 25 (I still don't get it)

It is kind of a trade off because if melee hits defense bots enemy gets hurt too

Maybe I should add more OPness.

+129% power (blind rage and focus)

+ 41% efficiency (fleeting and streamline)

= (4 bots per ally) and each bot has 500+ health and costs 59 energy

Vs

20 sec of invincibility cost 25 (I still don't get it)

It is kind of a trade off because if melee hits defense bots enemy gets hurt too

Maybe I should add more OPness.

It's not OP just yet.  Consider revising his ult and redoing it entirely.  Bots seem more of a Nekros or Vauban thing.

Erm... I have so many problems with this. Stats first:

Stats are based upon fixed formulas. Health and shields will triple by level 30, and energy increases to 150% of the original value. Your health and shields will not work, nor will your energy values. 100 energy will result in 150 energy. 200 health and shields will result in 600 health and shields. The usual excuse is that DE could change that, but there's no reason to--it keeps values simple and balanced. And most of us like the system.

Sprint might be too low, but no real complaints there--it's hard to tell what is and isn't too slow as just an exercise in theory. Stamina doesn't really seem to be a stat anymore--every single frame is exactly the same.

As for your Debuff, you know helmets don't have stats anymore, right? There would be no alternate helmet to get rid of it. And no helmet to apply it in the first place. I don't think it's a very good idea even if it were. Passing over DE's anti-passive policy, why use a frame that is so heavily handicapped?

Abilities:

Riot Shield is a good idea, but shouldn't drain energy over time. Cost/time or cost/damage abilities don't tend to work very well in comparison to the flat abilities used by every other frame, and are more difficult to balance. Give it a flat duration that you can end early by "re-activating" the ability.

Armor Restructure is (again) an interesting idea, but is too cheap. 25 energy is not enough for that effect and duration, not nearly. 50 energy is a more suitable cost for the ability, and as a second that's what they generally cost anyway.

Negotiations... well, this isn't the first time I've seen an ability like this... and to be honest, I personally hate it. Too easy for your team to screw it up, due to a general lack of communication. Even with a really obvious casting animation, it will happen a lot. But passing over that personal bias, 50 energy is far too cheap for such a massive effect. You have a loot aspect with the rare drop chance increase, you have a basically "insta-kill" effect on all enemies affected. Sure it can be interrupted or fail, but even then you gain something--increased affinity or increased damage.

PDT isn't one I'm very fond of either. There isn't a precedent, thus far, for getting in cover or using things like that. We're supposed to be "space ninja," and mobility is one of our greatest tools. Passing over that, though... it's far too powerful even without a Blessing synergy. There are so many power and defensive boosts, plus automated corpus turrets? Plus a very significant weapon buff? Not ok.

• 5 weeks later...

Your right. Ill post a better version. I agree with everything you say (though most players don't really play 'ninja'-y).

But wait. What do you mean by 'helmets dont have stats anymore'?

And if the negotiations fail, its the enemies that get increased damage.

Edited by jjpdn