Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag Execution/finisher

Brimir

I loved the original Jat Kittag finisher speed.  It finished me off several times while levelling the weapon:P

The new one functions alot better, though, and yeah, the charge animation for it is fantastic.  I do wish they'd give it back the orthos swing pattern, though, the generic heavy weapon pattern feels clumsy on it---the polearm animation gave it a feel as if it had some kind of great momentum going when you started thrashing with it, very appropriate for a jet powered hammer.

I loved the original Jat Kittag finisher speed. It finished me off several times while levelling the weapon:P

The new one functions alot better, though, and yeah, the charge animation for it is fantastic. I do wish they'd give it back the orthos swing pattern, though, the generic heavy weapon pattern feels clumsy on it---the polearm animation gave it a feel as if it had some kind of great momentum going when you started thrashing with it, very appropriate for a jet powered hammer.

Really? The pole arm one felt much more like the very concept of momentum was nonexistent. Too much rapid twirling, plus the fact that you would stop the twirling and go in for a stab (Why?), plus the fact that the rocket boosters were facing the wrong way half of the time made the entire move set feel just plain ridiculous. The generic hammer animations were a HUGE improvement.

The one thing that the Jatt needs is some deceleration after the charge attack. Right now it just cuts from rapid-spinning straight to a perfectly calm standing position without the need for slowing down first, which is so utterly clunky that I haven't seen any other spin2win move that looks as unrealistic outside of Maplestory. And Maplestory at least has an excuse, because it requires many 2D frame-by-frame sprite animations from underpayed staff; and since the game is a cartoon, nobody really notices or cares about how physically unrealistic it is because it simply doesn't matter. This isn't really the case with sci-fi shooters like Warframe,

I mean, come on. If Legend of Zelda and Pokemon Battle Revolution can show slowdown after spinning attacks, I'm pretty sure that Warframe can do the same.

Edited by SortaRandom

Really? The pole arm one felt much more like the very concept of momentum was nonexistent. Too much rapid twirling, plus the fact that you would stop the twirling and go in for a stab (Why?), plus the fact that the rocket boosters were facing the wrong way half of the time made the entire move set feel just plain ridiculous. The generic hammer animations were a HUGE improvement.

The one thing that the Jatt needs is some deceleration after the charge attack. Right now it just cuts from rapid-spinning straight to a perfectly calm standing position without the need for slowing down first, which is so utterly clunky that I haven't seen any other spin2win move that looks as unrealistic outside of Maplestory. And Maplestory at least has an excuse, because it requires many 2D frame-by-frame sprite animations from underpayed staff; and since the game is a cartoon, nobody really notices or cares about how physically unrealistic it is because it simply doesn't matter. This isn't really the case with sci-fi shooters like Warframe,

I mean, come on. If Legend of Zelda and Pokemon Battle Revolution can show slowdown after spinning attacks, I'm pretty sure that Warframe can do the same.

Actually when you do the charge you spin 2x the first spin doesn't do damage but the second spin does. 

Just a small suggestion: it should generate sparks when you smack some fool on the ground, like the Jump Attack/Charge Attack already does.

+1

and another small suggestion; it shouldn't take longer than the enemy takes to stand back up.

^ this aswell, even with the new animation it is still slow imho

They gotta fix execution animations, half the time it triggers when they're just out of reach and I just harmlessly smack the floor

^ this too but it worths for all melee weapons

What I'd like to see in addition to the other suggestions is:

- Have the rockets only kick in when performing a finisher, ground slam or charge attack - with a nice jet engine "roar" to go with them. When "holstered", performing regular attacks, or parrying attacks, the jet nozzles should have only a slight glow. 

- Beef up the hit sounds as well please? No offense, but right now it sounds like I'm hitting a corrugated metal panel with a corked bat.

- Change the positioning of the thing when "holstered". It ought to be moved so that the handle is a bit over the frame's head so that the "head" of the weapon isn't so close to the floor.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not but i have been noticing that Jat kittag is making the sword sound when you hit corrupted. Instead of sounding like your hinting them with a blunt weapon it sounds like your slicing them with a sword.