Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs, Could You Please Make An Option To Roll By Double Tapping Any Direction?

Palexon

For any really fast movement, having roll bound to your sprint key is annoying. I disabled it shortly after I started playing; bound hold to sprint to shift instead of sprint/roll and bound roll to q. Makes rolling left a bit more tricky, but otherwise it works a lot better. Now if only rolling itself actually worked better...

Edited by Tigersight

I occasionly double tap to dodge a scorpion just from reflex of playing guild wars 2 so much (which of course does not work!). I have set a roll button to my mmo mouse but, I'd like the "option" to double tap also.

I see your point but, Itsnt it more logical to have it located exactly where the run button is? Its already fluid in that sense because you only need little effort to do the action. And to be honest I don't like the idea of having to use two fingers over one; :U.

It's also logical to make it by double tapping a direction. True it's not complicated to do, but sometimes in some situations you need to have the controls as convenient as possible.

For any really fast movement, having roll bound to your sprint key is annoying. I disabled it shortly after I started playing; bound hold to sprint to shift instead of sprint/roll and bound roll to q. Makes rolling left a bit more tricky, but otherwise it works a lot better. Now if only rolling itself actually worked better...

I keep roll bound to V. Hit it with my thumb if really needed for whatever, and if I'm rolling, I have no need to jump anyways.

I can't find any key suitable to make it the rolling key, I need something more convenient so I still think double tapping would be the best option.

I believe this will make the game more fluid and convenient than pressing Shift in order to roll.

Please take this into consideration.

I already added it to the "index of little things" some time ago, check some of the suggestions other players make in the link.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/152835-index-of-little-things-small-suggestions-done-by-the-community/

Edited by Pavelord

This would be an incredibly simple change to make, you realize?

I am not sure that is the case, as we do not know how Melee 2.0 will be affected by button inputs, for example. You may be right, in that it may be a simple change, but we cannot say that for sure.

I can't find any key suitable to make it the rolling key, I need something more convenient so I still think double tapping would be the best option.

I personally use Left Alt for roll, since it's directly beside the jump key.

Double-tap dodging worked fine for Unreal Tournament. I think it would probably work fine for Warframe. The current system where you have to aim before rolling any direction but forwards is kinda silly, because it means you have to slow down to do a move that's all about reflexes.