Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Evasive/offensive Movement Combo Concept (Butterfly Twist, Butterfly Kick, Hyper Hook)

Arlayn

The first time I ever saw it was in Tron Legacy, and I kept noticing it more, and more in many martial movies, but I think THIS could be revolutionary for some epic events in the game.

What is the Butterfly twist? Well Lets do the one your all familiar with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNapFsNDbZE at 1:00 Rinzler pulls off the Butterfly twist to dodge the disc. (Stalker needs to do a butterfly twist... he is so Rinzlery lol)

The Butterfly twist can be done backwards, or forward. Usually a movement done to avoid melee attacks though.

There is also an excellent series of videos explaining the usage, and how to of the Butterfly twist

http://www.ehow.com/video_2280675_apply-butterfly-twist.html a total of 14 videos explaining the how to in steps, variations, and application.

Now for the how it would be used in the game? I thought of two ways to do but, I think THIS is the ideal way...

First you have to go into a run by holding down shift. Then lets imagine a wall of enemies, and in the middle is a Heavy grineer unit. These Grineer are opening fire upon you, and your in the middle of a survival mission too far up in time, and no way you can beat these enemies. Your only choice is to get past them, and extract.

Now as you run towards them once you get to a certain point hold down the spacebar. Do not tap it. Your character will move into a preparation movement for the Butterfly twist going for a spin, and then dip, and finally your character springs into the air doing a twist over the Heavy unit, and completely nullifies the effect of knockdown as they crash their fist into the ground. This also makes you a smaller target to enemies on the left, and right of the heavy unit(should take less damage similar to a roll), but a wide target for enemies that were chasing you from behind. After completing the twist, and making the land you go back into a run, and run for the extraction. Once your doing the butterfly twist in mid-air you can let go of the spacebar, but I think this could lead into a series of special combos...

Like for example if your right at the dip beginning of the spring for the Butterfly twist, and you tap the E button you will commence a Butterfly kick(a more movie variation of such, and it turns into a form of hammer kick to bring your foot down on them instead of looking like a normal butterfly kick/twist as it should in real life), and if timed correctly, and more early then the attempt for a butterfly twist you can leap into the air starting the twist, but land with a kick to the enemies face doing more damage, and a longer knockdown (even though only in movies is the butterfly kick an offensive move, and in real life it is used to move into a position your opponent is vulnerable on, but since they are tenno capable of wall running I think they should be allowed to be capable of the impossible) OR instead of doing a butterfly kick... do a illusion hyper hook/Hyper Hook.

How the hyper hook would work would be during the dip tap E, and then QUICKLY move(this means release shift or run button immedtily) to hold down Ctrl(or crouch), and the space bar(jump button) down at the same time. Which can be done immedtily in an enemies face to knock them back, and finish them with the final blow(or it simply knocks them down with much more damage)

or by simply going from the dip hold the crouch button, and you will go straight into a slide kick in mid air over the enemy from the butterfly twist (since they can wall run DE only knows what a Tenno can truly make possible.)

I like the idea alot although I am not confident that it will be added anytime soon if ever. I would be satisfied with a handspring backtuck combo as I illustrated in a past topic. tumblr_lzrselmTqG1r2dpibo1_400.gif

BTW Bubba (from the youtube link)  definitely has skills.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama