Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Africa?

WestJ

I am an African player in Swaziland and I have been wondering if there will ever be an Africa option for region cause most of the times i play online i am sitting on about 250 ping in Europe

I don't think there are enough servers over there or the connection isn't that good

Don't tell me you reckon we've got lions walking the streets too? :D

Central africa's mostly still dark ages, but southern, northern and west coast aren't too bad. Sadly, the latency issue feeds into not having many players... not many people want to play at 250 lat, especially when the netcode is poorly optimised and you miss pickups/can't figure out where enemies are.

Im from Cape Town same issue bud , I would love to know how many africans play warframe

Im from Durbs but currently living in Preston (England).

As for the topic. I've played and still play a loads of MMO's.(WoW, GW2, Wildstar Beta, LoL, D3 etc etc etc) In all of them Africans are constantly asking for local servers.

I think the best reply so far is that the hosting costs in Africa are ridiculously high.

Don't tell me you reckon we've got lions walking the streets too? :D

Central africa's mostly still dark ages, but southern, northern and west coast aren't too bad. Sadly, the latency issue feeds into not having many players... not many people want to play at 250 lat, especially when the netcode is poorly optimised and you miss pickups/can't figure out where enemies are.

I'm from ghanian descent  don't worry I don't think lions are walking in the streets my friend XD

But yeah it's really problematic :/ 

Edited by Deidaku

Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be enough of a population to warrant having servers located there.

They don't have servers anywhere (yet), they just redirect the traffic depending on your IP and the region you clicked in and the one that has the best overall internet + PC specs gets to be the host (though seems pretty buggy, I'm usually the one to always be the host, but when I join in a room with someone else being host it lags like HELL for everyone). So if you choose EU region in the options you'll be paired with other people that chose EU even if they're from outside. And creating a region just for Africa with the limited player base means they'll never find a squad to play with.

I'm South African. Regardless what platform the only thing we can do is stick with ourselves to eliminate lag. 

Best to do is to find a group of players in your region, friend them and play with them. 

We grew so use to it over the years that mostly everyone have the "ZA" somewhere in their tags so as to make spotting each other easier. 

Either that or wait for African internet to catch up with the rest of the world... ...

The internet while accesible from all over the world is mainly based in the US, europe and ofcourse the far east.

So conections are usally build with a primary focus going there.

This in mind in the internet europe might be closer then your neighbour country.

Nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do,

I bless the rains down in Africa.

Gonna take some time to do the things we never had.

Wet jy soek nou vir jou 'n Castle.

Outdated: our main connections land in the UK and Spain respectively. Anything going to the US from Africa passes through EU first and then goes via their undersea cables.

And yeah, hosting costs are ridiculous in Africa, but it shouldn't require hosting, just a regional setting.

DE only will listen to you if you have some solid proof to show that doing so will have benefits in return. I think you guys from Africa should try to make a thread and sign in for greater number of supporters. DE won't care if only a couple of you guys ask for it.

Frankly, the region filtering option doesn't do anything for you that the ping-limiting option can't do - someone closer will generally have a lower ping, (and even if not, who cares if they're further away if they have a lower ping?). I actually think it's more of a hindrance than a help. I've already suggested getting rid of the region filter altogether, and I think that would actually help players in Africa more than just adding an Africa region.

(I've also suggested adding a language filter, but that's not really germane to the current discussion.)

I only started playing recently (I live in Cape Town) but I've hardly ever been able to have a decent game. Half the time I can't even find a squad and other times I host and it seems fine. Then there are the games where I can't pick up any items and mobs hyperspeed or are frozen in place taking no damage. I want to set my ping limit down but at the same time I've never been able to find a game when I do.

I am Africa I work in flavored condom factory as taste tester. Everyday I try to internet but the power is low. My friends and I have LAN on nightime so 3 of us run on hamsterwheel to make energy while 1 plays mission. Its very dangerous because running makes sweat and then Cthulu smell the sweat and come to catch us but we make the best of it.

Life is very difficult here in Africa but we get drunk from drink battery acid each night and have party to forget our friend who gets eaten by hipposaurus.

This is my story please no copy pastario.

I am Africa I work in flavored condom factory as taste tester. Everyday I try to internet but the power is low. My friends and I have LAN on nightime so 3 of us run on hamsterwheel to make energy while 1 plays mission. Its very dangerous because running makes sweat and then Cthulu smell the sweat and come to catch us but we make the best of it.

Life is very difficult here in Africa but we get drunk from drink battery acid each night and have party to forget our friend who gets eaten by hipposaurus.

This is my story please no copy pastario.

At least you don't have AIDS, your life is better than the average black in Africa.