Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith... Thoughts?

KittyDarkling

Got it.

Quite decent in fact, comparable to Soma. Less accurate that is for sure, but more firepower. There is now a decent reload time.

Status proc is good and the new mods (electric + status) are helpful.

At least one polarity would be nice, but the affinity boost that comes with it helps to use Forma.

i dont like it

Well that's really helpful *rolls eyes*

I for one consider it a welcome upgrade over the regular Gorgon. So let's see what's good.

-The reduced reload time means that maxed Fast Hands is not something you really need to have

-The buffed Status Chance really allows elemental builds to shine. With High Voltage and Malignant Force equipped, you can get Proc rates of up to 58% - and do some sick Corrosive damage in the process. Despite being a mostly Impact weapon, opting for a Corrosive build coupled with Shred and Wildfire will allow you to quickly destroy most Grineer mobs.

-Higher accuracy is welcome. It's not a major buff, but it does help make shots count better.

-Increased rate of fire also yielded a slightly faster spin-up time, another welcome buff.

The Gorgon Wraith isn't a huge improvement over the original, but it's still an improvement none the less - plus it was free and came with a free slot and catalyst! So you know what? I believe thanks are in order.

So thanks DE. 

Edited by MirageKnight

My Gorgon Wraith is a MONSTER.

As a foreword,I did not mod mine for raw damage. I instead modified it on the two shining stars of the weapon: Ammunition,and rate of fire. All of the following mods are max rank.

-Magazine Warp: More bullets at peak RoF is good.

-Ammo Drum: More bullets in your pocket is even better.

-Rifle Ammo Mutation: Ammo for all!

-Wildfire: Fire damage AND mag size? What's not to love?

-High Voltage: Electrical damage and status chance. 24% proc chance,ACTIVATE!

-Shred: Overpenetration and rate of fire. No one is safe!

-Speed Trigger: So. Much. Lead.

It deals radioactive damage,and therefore is effective against bosses and high level Grineer. It rocks ALL the socks.

EDIT: After maxing out my Shred and Speed Trigger,I can only describe the Gorgon Wraith's performance as a "Bullet Beam". It's effective against everything I threw it at,including T2 Void. Ammo's an issue,but we knew that going in,so just pack ammo restores,or something. Yes,ammo's an issue,even with the Ammo Mutator.

Edited by Riddle78

^

Level 60 Grineer Napalm says hi.

The build is terrible. Currently, damage mods are the only mods which actually matter.

In my opinion, Gorgon Wraith is unimpressive. And i'm not a big fan of status procs.

Level 60 Napalm? That's not even a fair statement. First, most people know how ridiculously over-powered and imbalanced high level enemies are. Second, the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith aren't meant for high level enemies anyway, so of course they're going to do badly against high level content. Properly modded, they seem to do very well against anything up to level 30 but start to loose effectiveness after that.

I absolutely agree with your comment about damage mods though. Split Chamber, Serration, Shred, High Voltage and Malignant Force are must haves, with Cryo Rounds and Wildfire being dropped in for dealing with Corpus and Grineer respectively.

^

Level 60 Grineer Napalm says hi.

The build is terrible. Currently, damage mods are the only mods which actually matter.

In my opinion, Gorgon Wraith is unimpressive. And i'm not a big fan of status procs.

It tears down level 60 Napalms fairly quickly. Napalms use Alloy Plate armour. Alloy Plate armour takes an additional 75% damage from Radio. I'm still dealing around 150 damage a bullet. At somewhere around 22 bullets a second,they die. Fast. I know it can be stronger,but then you're sacrificing ammo,which is important on a full-auto weapon.

It tears down level 60 Napalms fairly quickly. Napalms use Alloy Plate armour. Alloy Plate armour takes an additional 75% damage from Radio. I'm still dealing around 150 damage a bullet. At somewhere around 22 bullets a second,they die. Fast. I know it can be stronger,but then you're sacrificing ammo,which is important on a full-auto weapon.

I hope you're not expecting us to believe you're tearing down lvl 60 Napalms with that build... Either you forgot to list Serration or you really don't have it on the Gorgon. 

Also, you're not exactly sacrificing ammo anymore when you have Max Rifle Mutation on. The ammo drum and the magazine capacity are a waste of mod space. 

Reduced reload by 1.2 seconds.

10% more status. 

15.5% more dps.  

Increased accuracy.

Coupled with the fact we're getting another large procc boosting mod, I think the buffs given to it are well worth it.

And should have been applied to the Gorgon itself. And the Supra.

The Gorgon Wraith is what the Gorgon Buffed should have bloody well been.

Edited by Brasten

So.. the reduced reload speed looks really nice. and the accuracy might be noticeable. but is anyone else disappointed with how small the damage/fire rate increase is? The Forums have be asking for a buff to the normal Gorgon to bring it in line with the Supra and the Soma for months now. Wraith weapons normally are a hot spot of initally being released with to much power that's then reduced over a time until their balanced. Now DE releases the Gorgon Wraith with a negligibly higher dps and it feels like this is them saying "No, we're not buffing it." which is kinda depressing because I really like the Gorgon and it's DPS is so much lesser then other similar weapons that it makes it harder to work with at higher levels. . .

what does everyone else think?  Am I overreacting or is anyone else disappointed?

what i would like to see as a buff anyways

30 base dmg

23 impact/4 puncture/3 slash

make the crit chance 2.0x cause like might as well

proc slight buff to 17.5 or 20% if not increase accuracy to bout 17-20 total