Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Mind Control

JohnMarkLee

Right now Mind Control is hardly worth upgrading or being used. This ability gains you nothing at all because of:

- 75% of the Time, Team mates don't pay attention and kill the victim.

- Only last for 30 Seconds.

- Only can be used on 1 enemy at a time.

This is ability has to be changed in someway... Maybe?

- Partners cannot kill the mind control victim unless it gets under 10 seconds & Increase the duration to 60.

Or...

- Partners cannot kill the mind control victim unless it gets under 10 seconds & Increase the amount you can mind control by 3 Victims.

Or...

- Make the glowing Aura for noticeable... Lighter 

To be honest I am a bigger fan of choice 1.

Right now Mind Control is hardly worth upgrading or being used. This ability gains you nothing at all because of:

- 75% of the Time, Team mates don't pay attention and kill the victim.

- Only last for 30 Seconds.

- Only can be used on 1 enemy at a time.

This is ability has to be changed in someway... Maybe?

- Partners cannot kill the mind control victim unless it gets under 10 seconds & Increase the duration to 60.

Or...

- Partners cannot kill the mind control victim unless it gets under 10 seconds & Increase the amount you can mind control by 3 Victims.

Or...

- Make the glowing Aura for noticeable... Lighter 

To be honest I am a bigger fan of choice 1.

While I agree that mind control needs a few fixes (a tether leading to Nyx and reduced ally damage would be a start), Mind Control is very useful as is. However, it's not useful for creating a pet. Here's what it does:

MC is an awesome instacast defensive ability. Once you cast it, it instantly makes the target your ally, regardless of the casting animation. This means Grineer stomps, scorpion hooks, Napalm Blasts etc from that target will not affect you even if they were already in the air.

MC is also a great low cost diversion ability. Cast it into a group of approaching enemies and they will cease their onslaught and start firing at the target. This frees you up to take them out one by one, saving your 'pet' for last. Or for a pet. Think of it like 'Molt' or a Decoy that actually fires back.

Making people unable to kill the target would be a bad chance.  People are going to shoot it anyway, it would mean you have to stand around waiting for it to expire, and people will use it to grief.

Think of it as a stun with benefits, rather than a pet creator.

Making people unable to kill the target would be a bad chance.  People are going to shoot it anyway, it would mean you have to stand around waiting for it to expire, and people will use it to grief.

A smaller scale stun for that one last, annoying heavy.

Move mind control to 2nd skill position

Mind Control: Makes 1 enemy at a time a follower. Buffed stats and damage that scales by percentage of the current level of that unit. Abilities of controlled units will be active for following tennos to share.

Psychic bolts is now a first skill ability

Psychic bolts: Does percentile damage or a solid damage number to a single unit, When hitting a chaosed enemy, the damage is linked to the rest of the chaosed group making all of them take the same damage debuff. The linked damage will count as pure damage meaning that heavy units will be taking full damage that grunt units take, bypassing armor calculations etc.

Revamp! Revamp! Revamp!

There are ways to make it into an effective pet creator as well.

If it paints the target colored, similar to a Nekros shadow, allies will stop shooting it. This can be coupled with partial ally damage resistance.

Also, I believe that MC should permanently turn targets netural, even after they are released. Thus, it won't be helping you any longer, but it also won't need to be killed, much like a desert skate in an Phobos extermination. It will also not attack pods etc after MC expires.

If players are killing your mind control target too fast, then they didn't really need it to be controlled in the first place.

Problem is I mind control the Nalpam since its the strongest one there... Thene veryone starts shooting at it RIGHT AFTER I mind control it. And they weren't doing anything before!

I don't see the problem. If I mind control a Napalm it's to make him stop shooting me, then if I'm lucky he'll take down some of his friends as a bonus. I think adding invulnerability for controlled targets would only create more problems. I do agree the effect should be more visible so people can focus on other enemies instead.

Nyx might not be my main Warframe, but i'm always quite happy with Mindcontroll, including you and your team being able to kill the mind controlled target. The higher the levels get the more usefull it is. Especialy with Ancients and Heavy Grineer. Being able to remove such an enemy from the list of things trying to kill you right now is always usefull. A napalm who soaks up damage is easier to take down when he doesn't attacking you. Having it attack your enemies and draw their fire until you can kill it makes it double usefull.

There is of course also the advantage for soloing.

Never got why everyone says it's useless. It only costs 25 energy (or less) but can make life in high leves a lot easier. More so than things like shurikin or slash dash, that's for sure.

OG MC didnt let you kill targets and people complained cause people trolled.

It's a 25 point ability, it's good enough at what it does, it has a strong starting CC and then the target is taken out of combat. If you want the target to live longer you are going to have to target big target or put on stretch and start targeting enemies that are farther back. And that has the added benefit of creating a pincer attack and dividing targets.

I don't see the problem. If I mind control a Napalm it's to make him stop shooting me, then if I'm lucky he'll take down some of his friends as a bonus. I think adding invulnerability for controlled targets would only create more problems. I do agree the effect should be more visible so people can focus on other enemies instead.

Its a waste if they kill him when you mind control them though... :/

Its a waste if they kill him when you mind control them though... :/

Then he didn't need to be mind controlled in the first place then.

I'm still a firm believer in that nyx only has one power, and it's called chaos.

No MC is fine. I play Nyx a lot, and using it on specific targets like Bombards, Napalm, Heavy Gunners, Ancients, Corpus techs or some Moas etc. works absolutely fine. Its a very good scalable 1st power, probably one of the best in the game considering most 1st powers are direct damage, Mind control is as effective on lvl 10 as it is on lvl 40+, more useful probably, as the enemy HP scales and keeps them alive longer if your team decides to shoot them accidently.