Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Difference Between Prime Extractors?

-Krux-

Titan Extractor Prime

180px-DETitan_Extractor_Prime.png

Titan Extractor Prime is the Prime variant of Titan Extractor. It is available and exclusive to the Blaze and Inferno levels of Prime Access. This item has double capacity of the normal variant.

This type of extractor follows exactly the same mechanics as common Titan. The only difference is it has twice the capacity of the common extractor.

Distilling Extractor Prime

Distilling Extractor Prime is another Prime variant of Titan Extractor. It is available and exclusive to the Stomp level of Prime Access and the Prime Accessories pack. This item collects twice the amount of Uncommon resources.

This type of extractor follows exactly the same mechanics as common Titan. The only difference is it collects twice the amount of Uncommon resources.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight... Titan Prime will pick up twice the amount of resources no matter what that resource is because it has twice the capacity.

Distilling Prime will pick up twice the amount of resources ONLY if they're Uncommon resources, everything else it picks up the same amount as a peasant extractor.

So why use Distilling Extractor if you have Titan? Am I wrong or is one bluntly better than the other?

Actually, that is worded very oddly.

What it really does, is still give you 2x the resources compared to a regular Extractor, but has a higher chance of getting uncommon or better resources.

HOWEVER, it's VERY expensive to build. 300 Oxium, 2000 Polymer Bundles, and 65,000 credits. Also, it takes 8 hours to collect resources, instead of the 4 hours of the other 2.

Actually, that is worded very oddly.

What it really does, is still give you 2x the resources compared to a regular Extractor, but has a higher chance of getting uncommon or better resources.

HOWEVER, it's VERY expensive to build. 300 Oxium, 2000 Polymer Bundles, and 65,000 credits. Also, it takes 8 hours to collect resources, instead of the 4 hours of the other 2.

Ah, just a higher CHANCE at uncommon, what about rares?

It can still get you common resources since it got me nano spores the first time.

The description says a higher chance of uncommon and rare resources.

yeah but you're not getting what I'm saying.

If it picks up double uncommon, and the titan prime picks up double of everything, that why use distiller prime?

What they're talking about above your post is if chance plays a role in it, and if rare resources are included in this probable chance increase.

yeah but you're not getting what I'm saying.

If it picks up double uncommon, and the titan prime picks up double of everything, that why use distiller prime?

What they're talking about above your post is if chance plays a role in it, and if rare resources are included in this probable chance increase.

That's why I said that the description (in the foundry) says that it has a a higher chance of acquiring uncommon and rare resources. Also I got 2.5k nano spores from it so it seems like it does give double amounts of every resource, not just uncommon.

From the FAQ:

Does the Distilling Extractor Prime also get damaged like the regular Distilling Extractor?
The Distilling Extractor Prime does take damage, but you will be able to build new Distilling Extractor Primes using the re-usable Blueprint as many times as needed.

Oh, and:

Do I only get one Blueprint for the Distilling Extractor Prime?
Upon purchase of the Prime Accessories or Stomp Pack, you will instantly receive both a completed Distilling Extractor Prime to use immediately and a re-usable Blueprint that creates a new Distilling Extractor Prime every time you need a replacement.

From the FAQ:

Does the Distilling Extractor Prime also get damaged like the regular Distilling Extractor?

The Distilling Extractor Prime does take damage, but you will be able to build new Distilling Extractor Primes using the re-usable Blueprint as many times as needed.

Wow, what topic are you replying to? cuz it sure as hell ain't this one

I really wish there is some clarification on this, it can be interpreted many ways:

-The distilling extractor is twice as likely to extract uncommon and rare resources vs a normal titan extractor

-The distilling extractor, if it happens to extract an uncommon/rare resource, will extract twice as much as it would had it been a regular extractor instead

-The distilling extractor is only capable of extracting uncommon and rare resources

-Some combination of the above

Regardless of exactly how it functions, almost any way you slice it this thing seems poorly balanced - there's no reason to build one of these over a regular extractor, not even taking into account the ridiculous build cost. I hope DE looks into this and does a balance pass of some kind.

Honestly I think it would work a lot better if it was something like "you can target a specific resource, but the gathering time is doubled (or even tripled for balance) to compensate" or something along those lines. It certainly fits the idea of 'distilling' a lot better than the current implementation which just seems like a gimped regular extractor.

Edited by Segolia

300 Oxium is simply too much for what it is. 150 or even 200 Oxium would ALMOST be worth it. Maybe. If I had nothing else to spend Oxium on.

But 300 for something that could be destroyed before it earns me anything? Surely it needs to have some sort of damage reduction, extra health or SOMETHING. Otherwise, right now, this is useless fluff. No one will use it because it will be an absolute direct loss. You will gain nothing for what you put into this thing.

I really wish there is some clarification on this, it can be interpreted many ways:

-The distilling extractor is twice as likely to extract uncommon and rare resources vs a normal titan extractor

-The distilling extractor, if it happens to extract an uncommon/rare resource, will extract twice as much as it would had it been a regular extractor instead

-The distilling extractor is only capable of extracting uncommon and rare resources

-Some combination of the above

Regardless of exactly how it functions, almost any way you slice it this thing seems poorly balanced - there's no reason to build one of these over a regular extractor, not even taking into account the ridiculous build cost. I hope DE looks into this and does a balance pass of some kind.

Honestly I think it would work a lot better if it was something like "you can target a specific resource, but the gathering time is doubled (or even tripled for balance) to compensate" or something along those lines. It certainly fits the idea of 'distilling' a lot better than the current implementation which just seems like a gimped regular extractor.

Yeah I agree about it being unbalanced but as far as building it goes...i don't even care.

Distilling Prime is either way better than Titan Prime or way worse.

That's a problem because I don't know which to use now.

Having both primes, and essentially 8 of each (a full prod set, and a full spare set for repair purposes) here is my feelings..

Titan Prime = The win!  It always gets double resources at whatever level it hits, twice as fast..

Distilling Extractor Prime = Sad panda I made 8.. If this fails to hit an uncommon it hits like a regular base extractor IE 8 hours = 289 plastids..

So for me, I am about 90% sure I am going back to running 4 Titan Primes..

Although a blend might be better.. Set distillers go to bed, empty distillers, head to work.. swap distillers for Titan primes when I get home, 2ish pick ups of the Titans then set distillers at bedtime again..  might be best use of available time since I  sleep and work for close to 16 hours each 24..

Edited by _-Target-_