Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The Boltor!

LazerusKI

It's really OP...

I don't care about the damage number. We don't have an end-game to compare it to yet so I can't really call that too high or too low. The problem is that it's drawbacks don't really exist. It's projectile is lightning quick and it's absurdly accurate compared to the regular Boltor.

This is me shooting at an Oxium Osprey all the way across the biggest room on the Grineer Asteroid Base tile set.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235532581

As it says in the caption, that's with near maxed Heavy Caliber.

It's really OP...

I don't care about the damage number. We don't have an end-game to compare it to yet so I can't really call that too high or too low. The problem is that it's drawbacks don't really exist. It's projectile is lightning quick and it's absurdly accurate compared to the regular Boltor.

This is me shooting at an Oxium Osprey all the way across the biggest room on the Grineer Asteroid Base tile set.

i have max heavy caliber and it's about the same as you :P

It's really OP...

aw yiss, now i wish i got it nao

It's really OP...

So you want DE to slightly nerf it?

It only performs like that if your hosting, the second your unly enough to be a client on a less than perfect host, it becomes unusable.

To add perspective here, hitscan weapons don't have this problem, at all.

*Edit* I use max HC in mine, and in runs where I host or play with nearby clan mates, this thing is great, at all other times, it's utter junk.

Edited by Keltik0ne

who cares about OPnes of Priem weapons?

Took me over 50 runs to get that thing, farmed like 15 hours for it, maybe even more.

Latron Prime, Boar Prime, Boltor Prime...all very strong weapons, not to mention the Event-Wraith/Vandal types.

They are special compared to regular guns, let them be OP, they deserve it.

Look at Soma and Synapse for example...they are one of the strongest weapons dps wise, they are easy to get...and no one cares...

so dont let this topic turn into "Nerf Boltor"

Edited by LazerusKI

who cares about OPnes of Priem weapons?

Took me over 50 runs to get that thing, farmed like 15 hours for it, maybe even more.

Latron Prime, Boar Prime, Boltor Prime...all very strong weapons, not to mention the Event-Wraith/Vandal types.

They are special compared to regular guns, let them be OP, they deserve it.

Look at Soma and Synapse for example...they are one of the strongest weapons dps wise, they are easy to get...and no one cares...

so dont let this topic turn into "Nerf Boltor"

I suspect it'll become the new weapon of choice for spreadsheet nerfwarriors.

It only performs like that if your hosting, the second your unly enough to be a client on a less than perfect host, it becomes unusable.

To add perspective here, hitscan weapons don't have this problem, at all.

*Edit* I use max HC in mine, and in runs where I host or play with nearby clan mates, this thing is great, at all other times, it's utter junk.

It does not for me even when the host is crappy, it works perfect all the time

Edited by Aeon66

I suspect it'll become the new weapon of choice for spreadsheet nerfwarriors.

I doubt people who can do algebra will all come screaming the boltor is OP as they can do the math to see its pretty much the first rifle to be competitive with pistols

It's really OP...

So you're upset this gun is really good against higher level enemies?

Wat...

Did you miss all the many topics and posts about the Soma's ridiculous power? What about all the threads asking for a Supra buff because of Soma's existence as a superior/easier to craft gun?

Yes, people do care...