The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Link+Invunerbility Needs A Fix...

Brimir

Now you're just grasping at straws. You're bound to find enough Energy Orbs from the enemies/containers you demolish on your way. Plus, have you heard of Power Duration/Efficiency?

It is not difficulty to have both powers active 24/7.

saw that point where I wrote "Maxed Efficiency"?

No?

Okay.

No, this thread has been derailed enough already.

Not getting into a ****-measuring contest with you two.

It is not like this is some new revolutionary build. It has been going on for a while. It is no secret how to do it. Look it up if you want.

EDIT: Thanks Google!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1xou7z/warframe_discussion_20_trinity/

Scroll down to "Pokieboy's" post.

Edited by Brimir

No, this thread has been derailed enough already.

Not getting into a ****-measuring contest with you two.

It is not like this is some new revolutionary build. It has been going on for a while. It is no secret how to do it. Look it up if you want.

EDIT: Thanks Google!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1xou7z/warframe_discussion_20_trinity/

Scroll down to "Pokieboy's" post.

awwww, and I really hoped to see more than just a google search or crop-out from someone else's build found somewhere on the wiki.

Oh well.

Reading through it, still not changing the fact that a solo'ing Trinity runs into energy issues. :)

RNG.

True, but you're killing enemies/destroying objects en masse. You should at the very least get two orbs per decent-sized room.

EDIT: Why am I even arguing with you over it. The fact that this Trinity build is as common as it is in-game should speak for how it, in fact, works.

Edited by Brimir

As somebody who occasionally does this with the Stug, I think it is a bit ridiculous sometimes. However, in much higher levels the lack of CC can cost you greatly in Defense/Mobile Defense missions. It's a niche role/usage for Trinity, but until she and other frames are fixed up properly to scale with potentially infinite increases in content level I think this should be left alone.

As somebody who occasionally does this with the Stug, I think it is a bit ridiculous sometimes. However, in much higher levels the lack of CC can cost you greatly in Defense/Mobile Defense missions. It's a niche role/usage for Trinity, but until she and other frames are fixed up properly to scale with potentially infinite increases in content level I think this should be left alone.

Thank you. See, you don't have to flame/troll me when you reply, people. You can even disagree with me without calling me $&*&*#(%&.

I have to point out to the OP, it's far more efficient to just shoot the enemies with the penta.

Which is what you do.

You run into melee range (read: blast range) of a mob of enemies and nuke at your feet - the initial blast will take care of the nearby enemies, and any subsequent blasts will reach out through your Links and kill the rest that either survived the initial blast or were out of range.

All the while being totally invulnerable to both return fire and self-damage from the Penta.

Edited by Brimir

casting a 3 spell, 4 spell and having to carry a penta just to do inferior damage to just about every other frame in the game, yeah that needs a nerf?

The correct weapon for a loadout that works around this functionality would be Stug, because of its ability to rapidfire/multishot with a significantly larger magazine. And no, it's not inferior damage if you're doing it the right way; it can clear entire rooms with a single magazine and it does it in an extremely time/energy efficient way if your mods are correct. The only thing keeping this style of play in check is infinite scaling in defense/survival missions, and occasional visits from the Stalker (who seems to have reverted to a much more fragile state recently).

That said, it would be a bad idea on DE's part to nerf this functionality until Trinity and the game properly scale, even though it's already potentially problematic. Trinity's kit has core functionality issues that need to be addressed before removing playstyles from the game.

awwww, and I really hoped to see more than just a google search or crop-out from someone else's build found somewhere on the wiki.

Oh well.

Reading through it, still not changing the fact that a solo'ing Trinity runs into energy issues. :)

you don't run into energy issues, maybe 1-2 times in 1 hour solo survival, and then again you can use an energy restore.

@brimir

it's a well known exploit but the target cap at a time is 3, using penta you can kill 3 targets per second. also the damage falls off faster than you might think, you should try it yourself before asking for a nerf, there are things that need more attention, so fixing trinity right now when aoe abilities are still ridiculously strong up to level 40 (basically starchart+the whole void except def/survival) would only make her less comfortable to play. your point however is valid, everyone arguing against it is just fearing the nerfhammer for their favorite frame.

I agree in that it shouldn't be possible however I don't think it should be touched until more core problems with trinities kit are resolved. In terms of all of her skills as a whole her first two abilities are extreme niche at best with the way mods are now and her link is only used as a cc immunity and a way to get exploits to work. Obviously none of this is intended and I would like to see these changed up before 3+4+self damage is touched.

Edited by Rehero