Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith What Do You Think Vets?

XxMLGhaxProxX

i thought i'd read a while ago that the gorgon wasnt rubbish, its just that the soma appeared making it obsolete?

They nerfed it quite hard on the accuracy side, and released the Soma. Nonsense, I know, but we're getting used to it.

If the stats in the Codex are accurate? And performance-wise?

Mastery fodder trash that pales even to the Grakata. Don't even bother comparing it to the Soma. You'd have to sabotage your own attempts to complete the event to get under 500 points though, so it's not like we're expending much effort to obtain it. I'm just sad since I was hoping the Gorgon Wraith would be a little better than this.

I guess I could always blind my enemies with the shine off the barrel?

Edited by Renegade-CIX

If the stats in the Codex are accurate? And performance-wise?

Mastery fodder trash that pales even to the Grakata. Don't even bother comparing it to the Soma. You'd have to sabotage your own attempts to complete the event to get under 500 points though, so it's not like we're expending much effort to obtain it. I'm just sad since I was hoping the Gorgon Wraith would be a little better than this.

I guess I could always blind my enemies with the shine off the barrel?

Nah, rank it to 30, sell it, enjoy your free weapon slot.

Hopefully those stats aren't final though. Maybe they might buff it? There's are really small chance of that though but who knows. I guess if there's enough disappointed players DE might see it too.

DE is giving a weapon away for an event that was remarkable easy to get enough points for the reward. That stats on it didn't look terrible, and it should be at least as useable as Karak or Tetra.

Edited by LazyKnight

DE is giving a weapon away for an event that was remarkable easy to get enough points for the reward. That stats on it didn't look terrible, and it should be at least as useable as Karak or Tetra.

The problem is the accuracy :(

Sure it might be at least as strong as those, which is great, but accuracy has been a problem for the gorgon for a while now. Well we don't even have it yet so let's just see how it will play out.

As a active and multi forma gorgon user what I would like with wraith:

Things that are in codex are nice but I would rather build it like this:

Increase impact from 22 to 23

Increase puncture from 2 to 4

Increaste slash from 1 to 3

(Then we have the 30 dmg gorgon we all want)

Increase clip to 125

Keep the reload speed at 4.2 of original gorgon.

Keep the slightly higher ROF and accuracy from codex

Keep the status chance and crit.

Will not be much better comparing to normal gorgon looking at stats in codex, but they can always be changed and it should be more usable, though i think damage should be buffed to opinion 30. This is my personal opinion based on stats only, when i get my hands on it, i will be able to tell my opinion but i doubt i will take it on high level missions even against corpus looking at its stats.

Normal gorgon is still a good weapon, as long as you use it as a long-range ignis.

It's not accurate but its spread is capped somehow, your shots still land at the same distance from the aiming point regardless of range.

The wraith is simply a straight upgrade. Slash and puncture were too damn low even in normal gorgon, most of the damage is dealt by elementals anyway

So yeah, gonna enjoy it.

@ Roxorium

O_o The Gorgon back then even sounded powerful back then. I'm sure if you post a separate thread request in the sound area, DE could notice it and might add that in. Oh wait... that was done with Twin Vipers Wraith and they never did it... 

So after abit of reading I realise that the gorgon in its prime(before2.0) was a legend.It got nerfed though and is now seen as not worth using.Now the wraith is coming and im wondering how you people think how good the gorgon wraith is compared to its non wraith version.

What I think as a vet player?

It's not out yet, that's what I think.

How can we say anything about it, if we don't have it yet? Even with the stats we can on speculate because of other changes it might have.

For example having only half the wind up time (not shown on any guns with wind up) would allready make it a lot more usefull than the regular Gorgon.

As for what i will do with it. Level it, keep it as trophy and hope the Gorgon will become more usefull again in the future.