Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Burst Weapons Full Auto-Burst

yarash2110

What i mean is make it so when using a burst weapon you'l be able to hold the trigger and you'l shoot bursts one after the other, it really changes the weapon, for the better in my opinion,

Thanks for reading and please write your opinion in the comments

It would be nice, if we could have selective burst fire option, like single shot/3 burst shots/full burst fire, all in one, so that we don't have to use necessarily for those 3 or 5 shots continuously, as we all know, that some of the shots will surely miss or go in waste, which is one-way disadvantage against the enemy, and that's uncool.

Thanks everyone :D

The recoil would be massive causing your aim to climb unless there is that break between bursts.

and i didn't mean making them full auto, there will still be a break between the bursts, but you'l be holding the mouse to fire a few bursts instead of pressing it a few times,

Kind of defeats the purpose of burst firing if you can just hold the trigger.

how? You can hold the trigger but it will still shoot bursts, thts the whole idea of burst weapons, giving up a moment of firing for more control (in my opinion) and this mechanic keeps it and makes it more comfterble, if the purpose was to just click instead of hold they would be semi auto weapons not burst weapons

A semi-automatic, or self-loading, firearm is a weapon that performs all steps necessary to prepare the weapon to fire again after firing—assuming cartridges remain in the weapon's feed device or magazine. Typically, this includes extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge case from the weapon's firing chamber, re-cocking the firing mechanism, and loading a new cartridge into the firing chamber. Although automatic weapons and selective fire firearms do the same tasks, semi-automatic firearms do not automatically fire an additional round until the trigger is released and re-pressed by the person firing the weapon.

An automatic rifle is a type of magazine-fed rifle that uses either its recoil or a portion of the gas propelling the projectile to remove the spent cartridge case, prime the rifle, load a new cartridge and fire again repeatedly, as long as the trigger is held down or until the magazine is exhausted. Automatic rifles are distinguished from semi-automatic rifles in their ability to fire more than one shot in succession once the trigger is pulled. Many automatic rifles are select-fire weapons which are capable of firing in fully automatic and semi-automatic modes, or in some cases, even being capable of burst-fire.

The burst mode is normally employed as an intermediate fire mode between semi-automatic and fully automatic, although some firearms lack a "full auto" capability and use a burst mode instead.

The whole reason for weapons all not being automatic is the design of their mechanisms, space guns or not. Now, that isn't to say holding the trigger down isn't viable, it's just not practical. 

Why code in guns with breaks between bullets, when you could just make them completely automatic. From a coding standpoint, It's much easier to code in weapons that fire continuously or when a trigger is pulled, than to have them stop, and then restart firing. Yes, the Tenno in the game could just pull the triggers constantly for your putting the trigger down once, but that would remove a whole game mechanic (and make the hours of grind even more mind numbing).

That's my two cents. Others evidently have differing opinions, but it's up to DE to implement a feature like this, not me.

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan

Burst weapons are always one-per-click in every game that I play, and there's really no reason to change that. While I don't agree with BrotherIcarus on many occasions, I'm with him entirely in that it kind of defeats the purpose of burst-fire in the first place.

Making the individual bursts "automatic" would accomplish nothing besides making the weapon "easier to use"-- but why? Burst weapons have never been full-auto in video games, because their intended niche is simply elsewhere. Nothing needs changing just because you don't enjoy a weapon's current playstyle; you'll only be screwing things up for the people who do.

I'm not against releasing more "burst" weapons that follow your suggested mechanic for the sake of variety, but the current burst-fire weapons that we have should stay as they are.

Edited by SortaRandom

I achieve this effect and more by specialized firing.I would support of these types of guns would support single shot or burst modes, but in all honest it's fine as is. You know what you are getting by getting a burst weapon. There are so few and they aren't the top tier weapons (good...great.. but not top tier).

All I know is that the Hind would be beyond nuts if this were a thing.

Burst weapons are always one-per-click in every game that I play, and there's really no reason to change that. While I don't agree with BrotherIcarus on many occasions, I'm with him entirely in that it kind of defeats the purpose of burst-fire in the first place.

Making the individual bursts "automatic" would accomplish nothing besides making the weapon "easier to use"-- but why? Burst weapons have never been full-auto in video games, because their intended niche is simply elsewhere. Nothing needs changing just because you don't enjoy a weapon's current playstyle; you'll only be screwing things up for the people who do.

I'm not against releasing more "burst" weapons that follow your suggested mechanic for the sake of variety, but the current burst-fire weapons that we have should stay as they are.

there are games where burst weapons are automatic, the fact that you dont know them doesn't mean they don't exist, i'l give you a "famous" example, in left 4 dead 2 the burst weapon is automatic and its used as much as the other weapons, in this game on the other hand the only burst weapon i see people carrying is burston prime, and when i talk to them tjey say its for mastery 90% of the time.

Your argumant does sound good but just because of the way you wrote it, whats the problem with a weapon that is easier to use? It won't kill faster, it wont be over powered, it'l just make the weapon more enjoyble.

there are games where burst weapons are automatic, the fact that you dont know them doesn't mean they don't exist, i'l give you a "famous" example, in left 4 dead 2 the burst weapon is automatic and its used as much as the other weapons, in this game on the other hand the only burst weapon i see people carrying is burston prime, and when i talk to them tjey say its for mastery 90% of the time.

Your argumant does sound good but just because of the way you wrote it, whats the problem with a weapon that is easier to use? It won't kill faster, it wont be over powered, it'l just make the weapon more enjoyble.

Oh, right, the good ol' L4D2 Combat Rifle. Forgot about that one. xD

The thing is, though, making Burst weapons automatic would be like making weapons such as the Latron Prime automatic as well. You see it as a nice little QoL tweak in mechanics, when in reality it completely alters the playstyle of the weapon.

Its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be impacted in theory, but the weapon being automatic will greatly discourage the player from using it for its target-picking purposes. They'll instead use it as just another bullet-unloading DPS weapon, which is entirely against the weapon's concept.

Once again, I'm not objected to automatic burst weapons (a la L4D2 Combat Rifle) being released in the future. However, the mechanics of current burst weapons should not be drastically altered just because you (and the people who think that Burston Prime is nothing but "mastery fodder" when calculations show that it already makes Soma look like a pea shooter) don't enjoy it.

If you want full auto, install a macro. Don't ruin it for everyone else who currently enjoys these weapons.

Edited by SortaRandom

Oh, right, the good ol' L4D2 Combat Rifle. Forgot about that one. xD

The thing is, though, making Burst weapons automatic would be like making weapons such as the Latron Prime automatic as well. You see it as a nice little QoL tweak in mechanics, when in reality it completely alters the playstyle of the weapon.

Its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be impacted in theory, but the weapon being automatic will greatly discourage the player from using it for its target-picking purposes. They'll instead use it as just another bullet-unloading DPS weapon, which is entirely against the weapon's concept.

Once again, I'm not objected to automatic burst weapons (a la L4D2 Combat Rifle) being released in the future. However, the mechanics of current burst weapons should not be drastically altered just because you (and the people who think that Burston Prime is nothing but "mastery fodder" when calculations show that it already makes Soma look like a pea shooter) don't enjoy it.

If you want full auto, install a macro. Don't ruin it for everyone else who currently enjoys these weapons.

to be honest i never understood the argument of "i prefer normal burst", when its full auto no one holds your finger and tells you that you must hold it, you can still use it like its semi auto, and really easily because of the time it takes for a burst to end, in my opinion it will not discourege anyone but just make burst weapons more suited for more players, and of course players like me who like the weapon but because of fps problems i can get one burst in like 10 seconds if im lucky, which makes the weapon pretty horrible not because it is but because the lag prevents the ROF from being what it should be, i think it would be a better more comfterble way to use this gun without needing to click none stop and click mid-bursts 80% of the time, i understand what you are saying but it wont change the weapon in a bit, just add another feature for whoever is interested.

You can already use burst-fire weapons as almost-autos, just time your trigger pulls correctly instead of yanking on the trigger randomly. It's not easy to do, but it's also not easy to dig a pool with a spoon, they're designed for different situations/tactics/etc.

All I'm getting from this topic is some players refuse to adapt to the burst-fire playstyle and want them to be automatic. What the F***, man? Don't use burst-fire then, go use a Soma or whatever lol

You can already use burst-fire weapons as almost-autos, just time your trigger pulls correctly instead of yanking on the trigger randomly. It's not easy to do, but it's also not easy to dig a pool with a spoon, they're designed for different situations/tactics/etc.

All I'm getting from this topic is some players refuse to adapt to the burst-fire playstyle and want them to be automatic. What the F***, man? Don't use burst-fire then, go use a Soma or whatever lol

So it's people's fault that awkward framerate changes in certain tilesets screw up the timing for firing burst-fire weapons?

to be honest i never understood the argument of "i prefer normal burst", when its full auto no one holds your finger and tells you that you must hold it, you can still use it like its semi auto, and really easily because of the time it takes for a burst to end, in my opinion it will not discourege anyone but just make burst weapons more suited for more players, and of course players like me who like the weapon but because of fps problems i can get one burst in like 10 seconds if im lucky, which makes the weapon pretty horrible not because it is but because the lag prevents the ROF from being what it should be, i think it would be a better more comfterble way to use this gun without needing to click none stop and click mid-bursts 80% of the time, i understand what you are saying but it wont change the weapon in a bit, just add another feature for whoever is interested.

I already mentioned that its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be affected in theory, as seen in my quote "Its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be impacted in theory". Yes, the option to tap-fire is still going to be there, but why would we bother using it when going full-auto is just so much better for general purpose?

Think about it this way: If Latron Prime was made into a full-auto weapon, how many people would you see sitting there and tap-firing it? Loads of the people who currently love the LP for what it is are going to end up just firing it full-auto with the rest of the folks because its damage when at its cap firing rate simply trivializes all the trouble of aiming and tap-firing at weak points in the first place. The concept of the weapon is thus ruined.

All I'm getting from this topic is some players refuse to adapt to the burst-fire playstyle and want them to be automatic.

Agreed.

If you don't like it, then don't use it, and ask DE to come up with a weapon that suits your playstyle. Don't try and ruin it for everyone who currently enjoys these weapons for what they are.

Edited by SortaRandom

So it's people's fault that awkward framerate changes in certain tilesets screw up the timing for firing burst-fire weapons?

I guess, sure lol. (What kind of question is that? I'm not the game developer or computer engineer or whatever to give a meaningful answer)

If it's certain tilesets that cause problems, then fix the tilesets, why monkey with something else that doesn't need fixing?

all i get from this post is "everyone who doesn't think like me can go f*** himself, and is bad at warframe" you can just write normally you know