The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes, Yes Im Sure You've Heard Enough Of This. (Nekros Rework)

(PSN)TheyCaIIMeBuddha

As i'm sure alot of people talked about in the past concerning nekros getting upgraded in some kind of way. i am going to do the same now. i understand if it wont be changed but i'm still gonna talk about it anyway. what i think should be upgraded on nekros is simply the use of shadows of the dead. the shadows of the dead move like most of its skills are fun but seem to be lacking in terms of use. some of the creatures you kill cant even be used for the move. i think of this frame as a full on support class so i don't care for strength but they should at least brush up on his shadows of the dead ultimate move in the AI or possibly even let us somehow save the creatures we want to re-animate?

opinions: harsh, nice, supportive, critical responses, i take em all please~

shadow of the dead is a very bad ability, most of the times it will get you killed and all your team mattes.

it creates chaos and mess on the battlefield, making it very hard to control whats happening, seen many teams fall cause of it.

Lately, all the good nekros players, never have that ability on them, they rely on terrify, or in soul punch.

I pretty sure DE will not remove shadows, and thats a shame, but ppl who know how to nerkos wont use it at all anyway.

I am a Nekros user most of the time. Don't use Shadows of the Dead for offense. If you do, you'll regret it. Think defensively. Target anything that can heal and bring them up for your side, such as Shield Ospreys. Bring out something strong for a decoy so you can pick up your allies or get away. I don't understand why people keep thinking strictly offensively with Nekros. That's not what Nekros is currently. Soul Punch is underwhelming (to me), as well as Terrify when there are large numbers and you don't have the range to hit all of them with it. Desecrate is wonderful as it is.

Think defensively and you can do so much with Nekros.

the Rescue target shows that we can have A.I. capable (*cough* OP) in combat. so, Shadows should act similar to the Rescue target. 

and... they should follow Nekro. like, stay in the general vicinity of him, not facehugging him or anything, just keeping near him.

honestly i'd rather start over with 4 new powers on Nekro since i think all 4 are a failure(i won't write a wall of text explaining that here), but i doubt that'll happen.

Edited by taiiat

shadow of the dead is a very bad ability, most of the times it will get you killed and all your team mattes.

it creates chaos and mess on the battlefield, making it very hard to control whats happening, seen many teams fall cause of it.

Lately, all the good nekros players, never have that ability on them, they rely on terrify, or in soul punch.

I pretty sure DE will not remove shadows, and thats a shame, but ppl who know how to nerkos wont use it at all anyway.

I like to think I do very well with Nekros and I use Shadows. It's deciding when and where to use the ability that matters. If you're in trouble, use Terrify and then Shadows to take the heat off of you while you make your escape.

Edited by (PS4)InstaShark

Nekros has needed a rework for awhile now. Though the reasons for which have changed.

However given that a Frame rework consists of DE members mostly arguing out what should be changed and how, with only a few small tweaks at a time actually being made to check balance, I don't see Nekros becoming radically different any time soon.

Braindead AI has always been a problem in this game, and it is one the devs acknowledge, and are working on.

Shadows has the potential to be really cool though.