The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban - After Playing Volt And Rhino, What A Wake Up Call

Khallis

This warframe im sorry to say is pretty garbage and really needs to be looked at. now i know why there are so little of them being played.

how does he have worse stats than Volt who is a high ranged damage dealer? I understand Vauban has good CC but i still have to get into the thick of things in order to land my bastile and vortex. its almost like Volts and Vaubans stats should be switched or at least similar ..... And speaking of skills let me talk about them

1) his balls aka Tesla grenades - I thought this was the coolest skill on paper but honestly they are pretty worthless. I envisioned being able to throw a few of them at a choke point and seeing them put a hurt on the enemy. what i got was a zap here and a zap there for very little damage. my suggestion make it attack faster and make it zap everything that is near it (at least to me it seemed to zap on thing at a time)

2) Jump pad - honestly i don't even have this slotted, besides trolling i just don't see the usefulness of this skill.

3) Bastille - this is like Vaubans primary skill and i think its very good

4) Vortex - awesome skill but does seem to bug out quit a bit on me (though i have read there are some bugs with it so hopefully they get it sorted out)

I love the idea behind Vauban i think its a very unique warframe however with its stats and kit it really feels as if i only have 2 skills to play with. now maybe im doing it wrong and some other Vauban vets can give me some tips (i've only been playing for a month or so). but this is my assessment of the warframe after leveling it up ESPECIALLY after leveling up the other two warframes i mentioned in the title.

I'm pretty sure more people don't use him since many find it very difficult to acquire him, not because he's garbage (which he's not).

Abilities-wise:

1) Tesla - Stuns enemies, useful for when you need crowd control. Streamline + Intensify are also very good mods to have. Though they do only zap one at a time, placing 5 down = 5 zaps at 150 electric damage per zap (750 in total at max rank), and they each last for 40 seconds (which means it can deal a potential sum total of electric damage equal to 1200). No, these stats don't include the mods.

2) Bounce - It can be used to slam Grineer Bombards to death, as well as what Angius said.

3) Bastille - Yes, it's pretty good. 

4) Vortex - Yep, there are some bugs, but 2 weeks ago it was just great.

Tips? All I've got is that placing 3-5 teslas around an active Vortex/Bastille (using abilities in conjunction with each other) effectively increases Vauban's potency.

Also, Bastille is a great way to get codex scans,

Vauban is a trapper warframe. Trappers place traps in places where stuff will move through BEFORE enemies are in range, not get in the thick of the fighting and laugh like Rhino or run like hell and suicide-bomb/shield up like Volt.

So yeah, must be played like a trapper. If you play it in a different way it sucks. If played like a trapper it's a god.

Other than that, Teslas get quite powerful if you load mod power booster mods, and are very cheap so can be spammed freely and once you put down 6-8 balls it's pretty impregnable for a first ability.

Bounce is pretty good on stairs, and in close-quarters. Mobs are repelled and suffer damage. The ability is cheap so you can spam it.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Booben could use some more survivability, he is squishier than Nova, only Loki has worse shields+ehp. Booben is shoehorned to be anti-infested with his abilities and low protection stats. Glass without a cannon.

Also switching from Rhino 80%  of frames would be a 'wake up call' lol

Edited by Monolake

Booben could use some more survivability, he is squishier than Nova, only Loki has worse shields+ehp. Booben is shoehorned to be anti-infested with his abilities and low protection stats.

I think he works decently against the other factions as well, mostly when you're actually pushing towards a destination.  Bastille is quite handy for dealing with Napalms, Hyenas, and so on.  Meanwhile, against Infested, he doesn't really matter until they get to a certain level anyway, because Infested.

That said, I agree he could use some survivability.  Currently, he's got crappy armor, unimpressive speed, and low shields.  The nature of his powers doesn't justify it.  And it'd be really nice to see Vortex fixed to work right, so that it doesn't attempt to suck in teammates.  Wouldn't mind grenades firing every 2s instead of every 3.

volt? ranged high damage dealer?? where??? seriously man i want to try out this other volt you talking about, the volt i have is an utility frame with a small aoe stun, a speed/melee buff and a shield/damage buff, the only thing that deals some (slightly) noticeable damage at  range on it's own i't overload and it's like one of the worse ultis ingame (think second only to fixed avalanche).

that said you don't need high shields when you have stuff like vortex and bastille, get maxed efficiency+ narrow minded rank 5+ maxed continuity and constitution and spam vortex and shoot at the ball of limbs that used to be your enemy. you just need to be a bit carefull and not rush into rooms (which lately tends to be suicide in some tileset as you get zapped to death by broken lightbulbs). 

you just need to keep in mind that you need AOE weapons/high punch throught to be most effective with vauban.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Yeah, Rhino, right now at least, is god tier for Tenno. very few frames and/or builds can hold a candle to him.

edit: realised response had nothing to do with OP, ment to say that each frame has a niche they often fill. Rhino right now, can fill A LOT of niches very effectively, so he's currently one of, if not THE best frame on the field right now, comparing him to others isn't fair atm.

Edited by TonyFoot