Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter, The Most Stressful Launcher To Use

Stafer

Hi, I've looked at the Miter again since it got buffed, its damage is ehh, pretty good now, but the main problems with this gun remain unchanged. The slow speed of the projectile, even when charged, and the fact that anything less than a full charge will count as no charge, there is no in-between, only no charge and full charge, PLUS the small hitbox of the projectile. The ricochet factor was never really anything useful anyways, but we'll talk about it, for now, lets break things down.

Projectile speed: 

The projectile is rather slow, yes. Do I think it needs to be increased, maybe a little bit, but that isn't my main concern. 

Charge speed: 

This is also quite slow, and because there is no benefit to firing a charging shot before it is fully charged, things get a bit sluggish when trying to line up your shot, lead your target, wait for the shot to be charged, and hope the AI doesnt randomly decide to change direction on a dime. I propose that maaaybe, if possible, have the shot's charge level range on a gradient of power from least charge to fully charged. 

Ammo capacity: 

This, this is where it really baffles me. We have special launchers like the Torid, the Ogris, the Penta, and our dear Miter. Out of all these in the same category, the Miter is probably the spammiest of them all, yet the miter is THE ONLY one out of them all that suffers the strange illness, of having the same ammo pool and pickup as snipers and bows. I can understand if Penta or Ogris had this attribute, even Torid users probably wouldnt even notice due to the slow pace of Torid ammo consumption, but the Miter.... the Miter has you firing frantically, whether out of frustration, or lack of spread crowd control ability.

Projectile:

Now this is where things get greasy. The Miter shoots a fair sized home-edition-table-saw-blade-type-thingy, yes. Now why is it so hard to connect shots with targets, because the hitbox on the blade is pretty puny... Honestly, I think the Miter would be butt-tonnes easier to use if only the hitbox on the actual projectile, was scaled outwards by about 1.5x in diameter, something like that. This would greatly reduce the chance that you might narrowly miss the side of a mountain.

Ricochet: 

Oh ricochet, how you fail to be useful in any way at all... ever. The only thing you end up damaging after bouncing around, are those corpus ship windows that cause an annoying and inconvenient lock-down in the middle of your mission. If I were to propose a change that might help ricochet to be a useful mechanic, is to lock the projectile's altitude as soon as it makes contact with a surface. That means, if you hit some poor crewman's face, and he happens to be standing among his lovely group of co-workers, chances are that the blade will hit the head of another surrounding crewman (especially with a sized up hitbox) instead of what happens currently.... hit enemy > projectile takes a trip to the moon... 

Thanks for your time, please tell me what you think, and I hope the problems with this weapon come to the attention of the development team some time in the near future.

Increase Miter Shelving Awareness, help to make a change. <3

Edited by Stafer

Agreed. I expected the Miter to be so much more, only to be completely disappointed. If anything, that charge time. Please reduce it!

Damage IS on a curve with how much you charge it, or at least it seemed that way when I leveled it.

Not sure what they're doing with ammo counts so I can't really judge that, but 72 does seem odd for such a crap weapon. I know we've had some power creep but it was pretty crap when it came out, too. IIRC.

...If I were to propose a change that might help ricochet to be a useful mechanic, is to lock the projectile's altitude as soon as it makes contact with a surface. That means, if you hit some poor crewman's face, and he happens to be standing among his lovely group of co-workers, chances are that the blade will hit the head of another surrounding crewman (especially with a sized up hitbox) instead of what happens currently.... hit enemy > projectile takes a trip to the moon...

I like this very much.

It not being able to crit sucks and doesn't make any sense. At the very VERY least, it should have had 50% status. Other than that, I say up the piercing dmg equal to the impact and change the ammo pool along with upping the ammo.

It's a very good gun. With split chamber and heavy caliber, you get some mega spread on your charge shots. I don't like Shred on it as I only use charge shots (I play it like a bow). That extra charge for no gains in punch through doesn't sit well with me.

I also think the miter shooting in any acute V firing 2 shots at a time would make it super amazing.... but that's why I use split chamber.

+1 OP

miter is garbage atm and has been since its inception, even with the meager buffs it has gotten

I have no idea how/why miter was given sniper pool ammo upon its intro, yet the ogris/torid have yet to be addressed and then penta was NOT given sniper pool ammo upon its intro

clearly left hand speaks french and right hand speaks chinese at DE