Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Seems To Be A Prob With Bows In This New Patch

blackstraykitten

i needed to use a power tool today to level up a new frame
just like always i pick the bow up
while at it i noticed that the arrow misses the center point

i thought maybe its a new bow accuracy thing
until i saw that instead of the center they are following the right end side of the u of the cross hair

i tried it with paris prime, dread and cernos
they all follow the far right end of the u not the center dot

(i just want you guys to know that i played all the bows and maxed them more than once before the new patch)

all who experience this tick a comment or something

Bows don't have 100% accuracy. You'll always get an arc.

They do have left-right accuracy; the arc is due to ballistics but your shots are always horizontally precise to the middle...

... Well, they are when they're not bugging out like the OP noticed and the shots ends up misaligned with the crosshair.

i needed to use a power tool today to level up a new frame

just like always i pick the bow up

while at it i noticed that the arrow misses the center point

i thought maybe its a new bow accuracy thing

until i saw that instead of the center they are following the right end side of the u of the cross hair

i tried it with paris prime, dread and cernos

they all follow the far right end of the u not the center dot

(i just want you guys to know that i played all the bows and maxed them more than once before the new patch)

all who experience this tick a comment or something

i wrote a thread similar to this, the problem is adjusting the hud's size and placemeant i think, if its really bad try to play abit with those options untill it aimd alright, and play that way till a hotfix or something

OP has a point with the new patch. I've experienced this yesterday/today as I was levelling my Loki and testing out how the broken lights behaved this patch but I didn't pay any close attention to it.

Now I went on a Grineer exterminate mission and took my time with Paris and Kunai. I'll promptly write a bug report about this in my current topic:

I have not changed resolution or Hud margins, but did reapply the graphic settings to force a reset. The problem still occurs:

Bows now have a much higher offset either left or right to the crosshair than before, depending where your shouldercam is (warframe left; arrow goes left. Warframe right; arrow goes right).

THROWN weapons are even worse. Aim with Kunai and (allow me the pun) despair. Their falloff is still fine as before, but they don't even TRY to remotely hit close to each other. The first shot goes even ABOVE the crosshair dot, the second far below it.

OP has a point with the new patch. I've experienced this yesterday/today as I was levelling my Loki and testing out how the broken lights behaved this patch but I didn't pay any close attention to it.

Now I went on a Grineer exterminate mission and took my time with Paris and Kunai. I'll promptly write a bug report about this in my current topic:

I have not changed resolution or Hud margins, but did reapply the graphic settings to force a reset. The problem still occurs:

Bows now have a much higher offset either left or right to the crosshair than before, depending where your shouldercam is (warframe left; arrow goes left. Warframe right; arrow goes right).

THROWN weapons are even worse. Aim with Kunai and (allow me the pun) despair. Their falloff is still fine as before, but they don't even TRY to remotely hit close to each other. The first shot goes even ABOVE the crosshair dot, the second far below it.

In terms of the topic - I've yet to have an issue with bows - or projectile weapons unless it's from close range, then I'd need to adjust accordingly since the projectile is spawned from the bow, and not dead center on the sight. Currently running 1280x720 max window mode and nothing. All the non-prime bows (don't have Paris Prime - yet) I have are firing normally as they should.

Thrown weapons? You're just experiencing accuracy at its finest. That's not a HUD issue, that's just the projectiles being thrown within its cone of accuracy.

Thrown weapons? You're just experiencing accuracy at its finest. That's not a HUD issue, that's just the projectiles being thrown within its cone of accuracy.

No. Because prior to that, it wasn't an issue and I've always quickly gotten used to arc-firing weapons.

When all of a sudden your entire feeling for them is thrown off, literally from one day to the next, you know something is fishy and you start to investigate.

Before that, I could stand underneath a corpus camera and fire upwards, hitting it with a Kunai, and begone. Try that now and despair.

It is pretty rock solid evidence that there is something wrong.

I noticed no difference, and I use bows regularly. 

Clearing up a few misconceptions:

- Bows, and all projectile weapons in this game for that matter, won't fire perfectly parallel to your line of sight as projectile weapons in most FPS games will (TF2 rockets, etc.). Instead, they will attempt to fly towards whatever surface your crosshair is touching when you fire, so the player only has to compensate for the projectile dropping over distance. At mid and long range, the projectile will perfectly nail whatever spot you're aiming at, with the only inaccuracies being due to innate random spread and the projectile dropoff.

- At close range (where I believe you are testing), the weapons will overcompensate and accidentally shoot/throw the projectiles at too strong of an angle to the right, causing it to land to the right of where the crosshair is. At point-blank range, the projectiles will often miss the target entirely because of this mechanic. This is unintended, but it's been in the game since projectile weapons were introduced and has yet to be fixed.

Edited by SortaRandom

Could it be I am handled as just another complete idiot who is too noob for bows? I use Paris, Cernos, Kunai and Seer on a regular basis since quite a while now. I know that different projectile weapons have different projectile speeds and arcs. Like the Seer has virtually no arc, you just have to aim a bit higher than the crosshair and still hit on any distance if you factor in travel time (Landing headshots across a corpus planetside map when the target is less than half your entire crosshair size). I know that if I am too close, shots will missfire in weird directions due to the game trying to compensate for the weapon's exit point, your crosshair and the target you try to hit. Or they through the hitbox completely without hitting, in case of the Drakgoon.

I have not used Bows and Kunai since 12.4 because I was using different weapons to level them up, I have just picked them up to test as I was reading this problem and can confirm there are issues. I repeat myself;

>> Before that, I could stand underneath a corpus camera and fire upwards, hitting it with a Kunai, and begone. Try that now and despair.

The difference with bows is harder to notice, for most people you still hit fine, but it is there. What I kinda do appreciate with this change is, that I am not as shafted when I switch the camera position. Before that, it was very smooth on left, but rather wonky on right. Now it is a little bit more balanced. Saying that now because I done more excessive tests.

But Kunai behave completely bonkers right now. Before 12.4 I could land headshots on Grineer with every shot on mid distance who were taking cover behind a railing without adjusting my aim. Now I have to move up and down about 75pixels between each shot to approximately hit the same spot.

Only because you are not experiencing something doesn't mean everything is good, because:

i wrote a thread similar to this, the problem is adjusting the hud's size and placemeant i think, if its really bad try to play abit with those options untill it aimd alright, and play that way till a hotfix or something

Not only that, but apparently this is resolution based as well. Some things break under different resolutions, some don't.

I'm playing on 1280x1024, and thus need the 4:3 aspect ratio (though it is technically 5:4, but who cares). Some things are simply not adjusted for 4:3 despite them offering the option. For example, ever since a certain patch, the Scanner overlay fails to scale properly on my screen and looks like any other picture with 16:9 aspect ration squashed onto a 4:3 resolution. Circles are vertical ellipses. Same with mods showing up on the left side in survival. They are squeezed in width as well, yet the mods on the right are perfectly fine.

When I am home again I will gauge my eyes out playing Terminus on Mercury with 16:9 ratio and have everything squeezed together on different resolutions to see how it works then.

they told me to set to windows mode then back to full screen
this is my temporary fix
its just that i have to do this every time the crosshair is miss aligned
for post after this pls know that it wasnt accuracy issue(because bow accuracy hasnt changed much since u7, yes i played bow since u7 and still playing bow til now :3) nor arc issue(since the prob was HORIZONTAL)