The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is Frost Really As Useless As Everyone Says?

LegendOfAB

So i claimed him from the foundry earlier. And i thought i'd give a little update on how things went.

In short, Frost is now basically my favorite frame alongside Volt and Ash.

After i leveled him up a bit and added some mods, i went to Elara on Jupiter to look for the Pathogen Rounds mod(which i got. muhahaha)  and test him out. Ice Wave, Snow Globe(especially this) and Avalanche saved my butt multiple times and are really fun to use. Ended up staying for about 30 minutes so the enemies were just starting to get serious.

I then went on a T3 MD with some friends who needed help. Snow Globe seemed essential for the first terminal because they surrounded us quick and we started dropping like flies. So i put it up and we were able to gain our footing again and eventually beat the mission

So yeah...He's great in my opinion.

Frost was really lame for awhile before this last hotfix, but now he's viable again. His Globe takes some skill to place, since you want it to take some serious damage right when you put it up. I still want more CC on his other abilites and Freeze to not be broken by taking health damage, but he's totally servicable now. My main beef is that his abilites take lots of different mods to be MLG PRO effective, which makes most of his builds similar.

The issue is that they have essentially made him strictly a damage Warframe in a game where damage doesn't scale.. I agree that Snowglobe was pretty invincible before and that should be changed. They need to buff his globe and put the stun back in his ultimate and he will be viable again for high level play.

So what you're saying is that every frame that doesn't have a super exploitable ability is useless?

being as slow as he is and having the power of ice/freezing frost should have superior crowd control

a crowd control focused ultimate would breath new life into frost

i can understand ember, the fire frame, being destructive with a damage skills focus and maybe DE wants frost to be the mirror of her

but frost being our one and only ice/cold themed warframe it only makes sense he has extremely good crowd control, afterall thats what cold does - it freezes u

snowglobe, as nice an idea as it is, is all but redundant now - its had its time to shine in the past and now has the role of situational defence only and shouldnt be his main focus anymore

now when players see a globe up in game they dont care for it it anymore, they dont respect it or trust it to provide protection as those days have long past 

he should be the anchor of any team, but not because of snowglobe, because he is that slow battlemage type you can return to when the battle turns sour and in his aura all things are touched by his icy fingers halting even the strongest of enemies

from a ice style of gameplay I would have thought he would be a defensive cc frame with debuffs: ice slows/freezes/degrades armour but at the moment he is what mid par damage frame with a unreliable snowglobe

I heard DE gonna change snow globe,no timer.i could be wrong.

avalanche just not that usefull/fun..

I`m compare Frost with Rhino as always.

globe vs skin.

stomp vs avalanche.

Ash just dont give anything good for team.

kept Ash & hope for melee 2.0 advancetage

Ash is better than Frost in the long run. Smoke screen is considered one of the best 2nd ability, in term of scaling ability. Frost got 0 scaling ability. 

Frost is still one of the most useful frame in term of non-scaling list: Frost, Ember, Volt (his sprint boost didn't help much for crowd mobs), Saryn, Oberon (his 3 scale, but only helpful a bit/ rejuvenation does it better) 

If you don't play any long defense run (30 waves+), frost is as useful as before. 

"Ash doesn't give anything good for team" is not a reason for him being weak. Merely staying alive better than most frames is considered useful for team already. Ash got overshadow by Loki, but in reality, Ash is a good frame. He just need some change to his other 3 abilities. 

The most powerful thing in this game are gun damage. Frames are useless without it. Frost's globe still capable of slowing down the enemies if recast multiple times, therefore, it still an effective crowd control. 

However, if I were to compare the current frost to many other frames. In defense mission though, he is an average defender, not the best like before. 

He has one of the best crowd controls in game using globe with max narrow minded and maxed duration mods.

snow globe is not a crowd control skill at all

yes it slow derps inside it down big deal, yes its stops damage 

but its not controlling any CROWDS of mobs

avalanche used to control crowds with its MASSIVE AOE FREEZE DURATION before 12.4.0

snow globe is not a crowd control skill at all

yes it slow derps inside it down big deal, yes its stops damage 

but its not controlling any CROWDS of mobs

That is because you don't use globe at its full potential.

Narrow Minded. Try it sometimes.

Edited by Tenn00b

How can the mobs be vulnerable to bullets in a globe that small if players can't shoot them if they're not Inside the tiny globe ?

Using small globes of 70 seconds in choking points is not helping the group, it cripples it.

Snow Globe is a static defensive skill against bullets, situational and average at best. Frost only CC was Avalanche before the "Fix".

He has one of the best crowd controls in game using globe with max narrow minded and maxed duration mods.

hardly one of the best nyx/Excalibur/even nekros has a better crowd control even though its limited to numbers