The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Is Still Op Broken

Zarozian

I let my sister have my currupted duration mod trinity's blessing instantly lost all its durration and it became a strugle for energy and time just to survive with her low hp and shield trinity is defenetly not as op as this person thinks

it seems like he hates the new link >3> I hate it to can we get trinity back to her old overpowered state? it was more fun and you only killed one thing at a time ;D I only use energy vampire and blessing anyways

I use my guns to kill because that is fun for me Brandle Lex Dakra and Trinity skills to support the team so link is pretty usless for me

Well, she only really became "OP" after Scott removed timed from EV after the enemy died for some reason, and drove attention to the way Blessing works for everyone. Old link was perfectly fine, believe it or not, since it didn't actually bring in that much damage while allowing you to do all supporting you want.

Blessing currently is overpowered, but it's also her only saving grace currently.

God this post is so ironic.

You obviously don't understand a thing, and you compound it with "you won't argue it cuz u know ur wrong!"

Listen man. I know my posts may seem like I am trying to tell you how to play your game, and just straight up attacking the way you play. But I want you to do something. Read the title of this subforum. This is feedback about the warframes. 

Trinity is OP

Something needs to be done, and I don't care what you say. 

The only way you can change anybodies mind is to convince them that trinity isn't game breaking. 

Your argument has no power here. It is illogical, and not in the correct place. If you are looking for a game more similar to what you want, then imfamous second son would be more to your liking.

I want to make sure you really get this from the post

"I really don't get your reasoning. Why is it that you feel entitled? We are talking about giving feedback on the warframes. Trinity is overpowered. This is a fact. It does't matter how many ways you say you like trinity. That S#&$ is silly, and it needs to go. Quit trying to justify your flawed reasoning by stating over and over again in various ways that you enjoy playing as her. It doesn't change a damn thing except make you look like a bigger. fool. "

and this as well.

you are horrible at defending your stance. 

I shouldn't have to. This is common sense!

i play the game. 

this is a personal build that is optional. 

so yes it is about me. 

but then again i am going off the suggestion that trinity should be able to have duration mods affect her own personal invincibility the others get a hard built in time for invisibility. 

which should be 5 to 7 seconds

that way the caster can customize the way they personally want to and the others dont have to complain about being invincible the whole mission. 

now thats as far as i would compromise because that is infringing upon other peoples playing style.

feedback is more then just crying for nerfs and balance there are other things to talk about like aesthetics and buffs. 

newsflash you can call my post dumb and decide not to to acknowledge it .

and thats exactly why i keep on bringing it up because it more of a admittance of lack of ability to support your stance to the best of your ability. 

for all of your crying nerfs you fail to find solution/compromise the one I was basing my argument on pages ago. 

which you would have know if you had read my posts and decided not to cherry pick. 

you used the word im allergic to balance and it good for you. 

how is that not telling me how to play the game.

why do you feel entitled to tell me how to build my personal warframe on a customization that is completely optional. 

when there are plethora of options available to you to choose who you want to play with and how you personally want to play the game. 

maybe choose your words better instead of stomping your feet and saying she should be balanced so everybody at every moment can  play the way you "think" the game was meant to be played recognize that people have different styles and this is a PVE game because i highly doubt that you run into this as often as you say. 

you cant use the chat to find out who you want to play with?

you cant not use the build if you dont want to play the character that way 

the game only matters to me if i play it. 

especially since this build is optional and you dont have to use it. 

the word is optional.

if you want a challenge then fit the game your way so you can have a challenge. 

if i want to have fun fit a different way. 

then thats my prerogative/business  

Edited by (PS4)pmnovaroadspilot

Is there a way to mute people on a forum? Because I am getting quite tired of hearing this guy while about why he is entitled abuse an exploit he finds fun. Seriously. This isn't even a substantive argument, it is literally "I like it this way, therefore you shouldn't change it."

Is there a way to mute people on a forum? Because I am getting quite tired of hearing this guy while about why he is entitled abuse an exploit he finds fun. Seriously. This isn't even a substantive argument, it is literally "I like it this way, therefore you shouldn't change it."

Well, you can just stop reading him. Worked with Mak_Gohae, will work with this guy too.

I assume everyone started ignoring me long ago, though.

Blessing currently is overpowered, but it's also her only saving grace currently.

If you have a lot of experience using Trinity it might be worth suggesting alternative ways to make her an effective healer(maybe in a different topic so a DE would read it).  I would prefer people giving DE alternatives ways to make her useful, that would also make her fun*. I haven't heard a single person that has used her claim she is anything other than boring.

then you have people that dont read 

if you wanna cherry pick thats dumb on your part 

especially when you have me literally right here proposing a change in the last post so that we can both get what we want 

I dont see yall making suggestions to help both sides

"but then again i am going off the suggestion that trinity should be able to have duration mods affect her own personal invincibility the others get a hard built in time for invisibility. 

which should be 5 to 7 seconds

that way the caster can customize the way they personally want to and the others dont have to complain about being invincible the whole mission." 

right there in front of your face  

i see alot of yap and i see you use the word substantive. 

i dont think you know what that means. hell if that whats you took from it then your forget game design you business sense is screwed

im saying right here with a proposal. 

you can have what you want i can have what i want. 

so we can both go our separate ways. 

you wanna get me to listen offer a solution that helps both of us get what we want cause right now yall aint doing squat... i am but hey i actually hear both sides.

Edited by (PS4)pmnovaroadspilot

If you have a lot of experience using Trinity it might be worth suggesting alternative ways to make her an effective healer(maybe in a different topic so a DE would read it).  I would prefer people giving DE alternatives ways to make her useful, that would also make her fun*. I haven't heard a single person that has used her claim she is anything other than boring.

Yeah, only I WAS suggesting those alternative ways. I think I posted my suggestions twice on this very thread even.

Trin was my most favorite frame before the nerf, and I still enjoy playing as here even now when she mostly relies on guns and Blessing. I'm not one to exploit or even use the blessing+link+anythingexplosive combo, and I certainly don't find it too much fun to just cast blessing all night long and see everyone around me facetank anything that comes in their way.

What I would propose is to return her kit to her older, Healer/support/tank setup, with little to no actual damage to her skills. We could return back old link, maybe give it three beams and lower reach. Maybe even make stretch mods not affect it, if everyone screams foul, but give her back her enemy-hugging safe spot. And with that, concentrate on making her other abilities support the team.

EV could be reworked to be cast on self, having a lengthy global timer and effect of providing bursts of energy similar to current ones upon Trinity dealing certain amount of damage, up to four times at max rank. Sure you would be able to get all energy at once, but if you use it at a wrong time, you're left waiting for cooldown.

Blessing could be reworked to be a ranged AoE skill that rises downed allies and gives them full health and regen, including shield regen that doesn't have no cooldown. Players out of AoE could get only half the regen or something not to leave them hanging.

I don't know what would be the best way to change WoL. Make it a weak lealing pulse for 10 energy? Make it a ranged blast of healing for 25?

Either way, suggested these before.

Wait, people still think this is acceptable? This play-style borderlines on exploitative, it doesn't matter if a few people here or there find it fun, that doesn't make it any more balanced. That's like using cheat software in an online game and, after getting banned, arguing that you should be allowed to because you think it's fun. If they removed it, you'd still play this game, I guarantee it.

And if I'm wrong about that last point, and for some reason the only reason you play this game is because you can be literally immortal and circumvent the way the game is meant to be played to begin with, I think you should seriously rethink your own ideas of fun.

xcal is boring as hell but people think super jump, heavy impact, and ogris are particularly amazing.  It might be fun a few times....but then it goes right back to boring.

Total immunity is boring as well.  My suggestion for Trinity would be to stack a type of regen that is applied regardless of taking damage and also regenerates shields.  That way, you're not totally invincible but you're also being healed and given staying power.

Then just make it so that it stops and goes away once you're at full shields and HP.  So who cares if it can last for something absurd like 5 hours...once you're at 100% it stops.

Edited by Thaumatos

xcal is boring as hell but people think super jump, heavy impact, and ogris are particularly amazing.  It might be fun a few times....but then it goes right back to boring.

Total immunity is boring as well.  My suggestion for Trinity would be to stack a type of regen that is applied regardless of taking damage and also regenerates shields.  That way, you're not totally invincible but you're also being healed and given staying power.

Then just make it so that it stops and goes away once you're at full shields and HP.  So who cares if it can last for something absurd like 5 hours...once you're at 100% it stops.

No, stoppingat 100% would make it annoying and unreliable. If you want to cull the effect, better go with cooldown being longer than the effect itself.

sick of people cry needs nerf when all we do is vs bots, once this game becomes pvp, then yes some of the frames will be more op than others, till that point remember, we are playing against BOTS therefore everything will be op if someone puts time into one thing

sick of people cry needs nerf when all we do is vs bots, once this game becomes pvp, then yes some of the frames will be more op than others, till that point remember, we are playing against BOTS therefore everything will be op if someone puts time into one thing

Hey guess what? You can have balance in a PvE game. First off, by not having players become gods over the minions and actually have some form of challenge, and secondly by making other players useful and not just additions in the travelling smite circus. The second one is a problem for other frames and weapons, trinity belongs to the first one. At base, she's perfectly fine, but because we have mods, she goes completely over the top and invalidates ANYTHING. That's not fun, that's not cool, and if defend this kind of thing I think you are better off looking for a game like SimCity Sandbox or Saints Row where you can and are gods over everything.

If everyone is invulnerable all of the time, that's not fun, that's boring. That's why Trinity needs something in check that cannot be removed from mods to help keep things in the game. Like, for example, a cooldown or timer on the ability that lasts longer than the actual effect. Or even gradual decay of that 100% damage reduction over the course of the ability. Something like that so players have a sense of agency and this game retains it's adrenaline pumping status.

Hey guess what? You can have balance in a PvE game. First off, by not having players become gods over the minions and actually have some form of challenge, and secondly by making other players useful and not just additions in the travelling smite circus. The second one is a problem for other frames and weapons, trinity belongs to the first one. At base, she's perfectly fine, but because we have mods, she goes completely over the top and invalidates ANYTHING. That's not fun, that's not cool, and if defend this kind of thing I think you are better off looking for a game like SimCity Sandbox or Saints Row where you can and are gods over everything.

If everyone is invulnerable all of the time, that's not fun, that's boring. That's why Trinity needs something in check that cannot be removed from mods to help keep things in the game. Like, for example, a cooldown or timer on the ability that lasts longer than the actual effect. Or even gradual decay of that 100% damage reduction over the course of the ability. Something like that so players have a sense of agency and this game retains it's adrenaline pumping status.

Either Trinity is redone .... or she's left like this .... She is a god with Link + Blessing, but severely underpowered out of that. She has no damage, she has no survival, and 2 awkward stuns that can be broken easily(stomping moa can free itself from the CC part of EV).

I vote for her to be redone, but keep the theme of self/team support. 

oh yes .... nova dealing 200k aoe damage with one skill and a good weapon ..... is fine ... but trinity that uses a meiocre weapon to deal mediocre damage to 3 targets is OP.

I find that using Penta on Trinity to actualy target enemies is far more effective than detonating it in your face.

Oh if we are at the "can't die" capter....let's talk about Quick Thinking + Rage. Nobody?!

Edited by nekrojiji

When I first played with a trinity I've understood why some people could stay 7 hours in a survival.

So for me in this game I only count my max progress in a place when I'm without a trinity (the most time in survival or ODD).

Perma blessing is nuts, I agree though that it require a little skill and positioning for the trinity between the casting of 2 blessing, but it's the only drawback that can be partially overcome by natural talent for exemple.

I'm fairly new to Warframe, but I have been playing trinity alot, and I have to agree that blessing feels awkward.  In my opinion all of the 'absolute' invulnerability powers may need some kind of nerf, either some kind of damage-prevented limit or have it in the form of % damage reduction.

as long as we're talking about trinity, I feel like her Well of Life power needs an overhaul.  I'd like to see some kind of effective, targetted ally heal-over-time or something.  in it's current form I never use it...nor have I ever seen anyone else use it.  ... random suggestion would be to make well of life a squad heal, and make blessing give a targetted Tenno the blessing buff.

How are people *@##$ing about a support frame healing and having ONE damage ability?

combining two abilities that can cost upwards of 175 damage, every 30 seconds, thats so OP

she comes with an innate D polarity, which is only useful if you have the team healing aura.

she has low armour, and will die in one to two hits in high wave defence, so she has to keep pumping energy out.

I use both WoL and EV, mostly EV, as I always seem to run out of energy because 175 energy every 30 seconds.

plus I have to go and save asses from fools that are a mile away getting gang banged by 6 grineer heavy gunners on 75 minute survivals.

You cant nerf a support frame with out damaging everything else that happens in end game content.

OP, please, go to a 90+ minute tower 3 survival with out a trinity and see how you feel about nerfing her then.

OP, please, go to a 90+ minute tower 3 survival with out a trinity and see how you feel about nerfing her then.

Infinite scaling content is irrelevant. DE already said that they aren't going to balance with that in mind.

thats the problem.

at the moment I have all the frames, all the guns, MR15 and the only content I am interested in is wave 40+ Defense or 40m+ surv

Galaxy map content and voids are meaningless to me, as I have all mods maxed, so I can kill any mob in under a second with almost any gun.  or clear the map by pushing 4 on most frames

adding in, some "real" content... t4 voids that start at wave/time 40+

before this is done, corrupted mod broken builds need looking at, 

wave 100 void defense is the same as wave 1 void defense with an Excalibur, you simply shoot the helpless mobs a little more.

min 100 void survival is the same as wave 1 void survival with trinity running perma immunity, because health and shields is still meaningless.

100m ODS is as meaningless as 5m ODS with limitless energy Vauban.

the "super builds" need looking at.

I would love of DE to add another planet, and populate each mission with... JUST STALKERS and BOSS MOBS!!.. .... in packs of 10 and 20.

or simply add some mobs that use dispel, in t4 voids 

Edited by Tatersail

Link and Bless.

Take the over the top modded Ogris.

Shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly and all linked enemies die, and you can solo all the way up to infinity on defense mission with just 4 Trinities doing the same damn thing.

Just stand there with your thumb up your &#! and pull the trigger and shoot yourself in the foot. Without dying. Ever.

So do we just leave this alone?

Like forget everything else. Is it really alright to leave this alone?

Yea, that video is super eloquent. Some low level corpus exterminate mission. Totally op! Ember with World on Fire or Nova would have rapped that mission up in half that time.

Edited by HansJurgen

thats the problem.

at the moment I have all the frames, all the guns, MR15 and the only content I am interested in is wave 40+ Defense or 40m+ surv

Galaxy map content and voids are meaningless to me, as I have all mods maxed, so I can kill any mob in under a second with almost any gun.  or clear the map by pushing 4 on most frames

before this is done, corrupted mod broken builds need looking at, 

wave 100 void defense is the same as wave 1 void defense with an Excalibur, you simply shoot the helpless mobs a little more.

min 100 void survival is the same as wave 1 void survival with trinity running perma immunity, because health and shields is still meaningless.

100m ODS is as meaningless as 5m ODS with limitless energy Vauban.

the "super builds" need looking at.

I would love of DE to add another planet, and populate each mission with... JUST STALKERS and BOSS MOBS!!.. .... in packs of 10 and 20.

or simply add some mobs that use dispel, in t4 voids 

Yeah, we all know there's not endgame. That's not what we're discussing here.

xcal is boring as hell but people think super jump, heavy impact, and ogris are particularly amazing. 

Off topic: The reason why I find Excalibur fun, is almost exclusively due to how the glaive functions on blinded targets(makes every hit an undetected hit)

The only hard content in game is verse the Grineer in high waves of interceptions(really try it, they will shred a maxed out Blind-rage iron skin almost instantly). It is absurd how hard those Grineer hit past the 4th extraction point, they make Void, Corrupted, Corpus, and every thing else seem like a joke.

If DE ever adds high level interception maps (as is starting at 28) it would be brutally hard, but only if they get rid of easy-mode invulnerability.

Edited by LazyKnight

To point out to all of you who insist that invulnerability and infinite energy is fine and just to buff less unstoppable frames to Trin's level, let's take that logic to the logical extreme. Buff EVERY frame to have infinite energy, health, and shields, with every step doing 10k damage in a 30m radius around the frame, as well as every weapon doing damage equal to 10x the health of the target per shot. No one was nerfed, and it's still co-op, so it's fine right?