Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Ancient Disruptors

Quiver

In my opinion, this hostile mob is ridiculously overpowered when it comes to abilities. It can COMPLETLY DEPLETE YOUR ENERGY AND SHIELDS, and if that's not bad enough, it leaves you with a distorted UI that leaves you unaware of your status for a couple seconds.

What I'm suggesting is that it drains only half of your energy and half of your shields, but distorts your UI for a couple more seconds (I think this feature is pretty cool though). Sometimes they feel more threatening then the bosses themselves when it comes to a crowd of hungry infested, especially on defense modes where they come in packs.

i used to have this problem a lot but i now just drop kick them and they knocked down during their charge or if you have a shotgun.. just blast them :D

never found this issue to be too problematic unless i was just swinging my sword around and not noticing them closing in on me.

In my opinion, this hostile mob is ridiculously overpowered when it comes to abilities. It can COMPLETLY DEPLETE YOUR ENERGY AND SHIELDS, and if that's not bad enough, it leaves you with a distorted UI that leaves you unaware of your status for a couple seconds.

What I'm suggesting is that it drains only half of your energy and half of your shields, but distorts your UI for a couple more seconds (I think this feature is pretty cool though). Sometimes they feel more threatening then the bosses themselves when it comes to a crowd of hungry infested, especially on defense modes where they come in packs.

The complete drain to your shields and energy is what makes them actually dangerous. And that only happens if you stay within melee range and get hit by that attack. Without their ability they would just be the ancient healers...just weaker since the ancient healers help out the enemies.

All you have to do is keep your distance and shoot them down, or, if you are melee focused, do a jump slam to knock them down and then go to town on them, repeating the jump slam every time they get back up.

Yes, they seem to be weak to melee. I know they are overwhelming at first, get them stunned or run up as fast you can and start chopping! Or freeze them and headshot them while run and gunning! That's my take on if there is multiple ancient disrupters!

Despite all their ways to screw you over, they arent that hard to deal with. Asking for the devs to nerf them due to your own inability to adapt is silly. Theyre about the only enemies in this game that provide any minute form of challenge.

Just get ontop of boxes and you'll be safe from most of the infested without having to worry.

This won't always work, as some boxes aren't high enough to keep you from being attacked. I found that out the hard way earlier while fighting the Golem. Turned what should have been a few minutes of shooting him in the head, unable to be attacked to a long drawn out fight where I had to keep running and moving to use my Lex and then my Strun. Only to then die to an Ancient Disruptor who spawned right behind me as I was moving into an elevator and didn't see him step inside next to me.

This won't always work, as some boxes aren't high enough to keep you from being attacked. I found that out the hard way earlier while fighting the Golem. Turned what should have been a few minutes of shooting him in the head, unable to be attacked to a long drawn out fight where I had to keep running and moving to use my Lex and then my Strun. Only to then die to an Ancient Disruptor who spawned right behind me as I was moving into an elevator and didn't see him step inside next to me.

Ouch, I can understand that.

I've had a few stomp moas charge into the elevator behind the group I was playing with....that was an annoying elevator fight.

This isnt about how to beat em, yeah there are a thousand ways, they're not op at all, but one lucky shot and ur screwed out of ALL ur power and shields. In comparison to the other heavy Infested they're ridiculous! I see no issue with it dealing half a drain or some kind of scaled damage. I don't know how you could pitch an idea of a mob that instantly depletes all shields and power period, and not have ppl look at you like ur derp.

Having a cheap power doesn't make it more challenging.

Most of us I think got the impression the OP was new and didn't know how to deal with them. True, the drain sucks however I personally think that the ancient disrupters are fine when you understand how to beat them. Getting hit does suck and can come down to bad luck. When you are finally modded the disrupter go from "AHHHHHH! RUN AWAY!" to "Oh, look hi I am going to take you out first"

This isnt about how to beat em, yeah there are a thousand ways, they're not op at all, but one lucky shot and ur screwed out of ALL ur power and shields. In comparison to the other heavy Infested they're ridiculous!

Yup, the Ancient Disrupters are incredibly overpowered compared with the other heavy infested. Thats why I suggest ..... that the other ancients get a buff! Just imagine Ancient Healers that also revive dead infested or Toxic Ancients that poison you when they actually hit you normally.

Yup, the Ancient Disrupters are incredibly overpowered compared with the other heavy infested. Thats why I suggest ..... that the other ancients get a buff! Just imagine Ancient Healers that also revive dead infested or Toxic Ancients that poison you when they actually hit you normally.

This would scare the crap out of me then I'd really have to choose who has to die first!

I LIKE IT! I think that would actually solve the problem. Instead of a random cheap attack hidden somewhere in the mob of Infested, players will keep an eye out for heavies in general.

YEAH!

GIVE. US. THIS.