Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Primary Weapons Multi Shot 100%

.Talia.

Hey there, so... This is a "buff topic", i feel kinda scared of posting this seeing so many nerf topics around the forums... So let me just equip my Flame Repellent.

Flame_Warrior.png

Now that nerf herder words won't affect me... Please buff Split Chamber to 100% multi shot at max level.

Split Chamber - 90% multishot / costs 15 points to equip

Barrel Diffusion - 120% multishot / costs 11 points to equip

is there a reason why Barrel Diffusion is so much over powered than Split Chamber? Because most secondaries outclass primaries, i don't think there's a valid argument for the primaries having a worse mod than secondaries, as a matter of fact, hand shotguns pistols (Brakk, Detron, Bronco Prime) are the ones that most benefit from multishot in the game.

I was doing a survival with some friends and something catch my attention, after 40 minutes the whole team switched to their secondaries, which brings to a question, why secondary weapons have mods so much better than primaries? Anyway, that is a topic for another dicussion. Lets keep the discussion just about the Multishot shall we?

What i ask here is simple, buff 10% more on Split Chamber.

OCD for flat numbers is no reason to change! There's nothing wrong with it. And yes, Pistols have higher mod stats, and that's because Secondaries are supposed to do less damage than their Primary counterpart.

(**Cough-Cough Marelok Cough-Cough)

OCD for flat numbers is no reason to change! There's nothing wrong with it. And yes, Pistols have higher mod stats, and that's because Secondaries are supposed to do less damage than their Primary counterpart.

Yes, like grinlok vs marelok :P

Less

yY3bUPj.jpg

This is long overdue. Seeing things like this is kinda depressing because you start wondering if DE is listening to cries about problems that have been around for so long.

i dont think they even notice it, but its worth a try

This is long overdue. Seeing things like this is kinda depressing because you start wondering if DE is listening to cries about problems that have been around for so long.

DEVs never listen to us, that goes for any and everything

What consumers want matter very little, if at all, to DEVs/CEOs/Share Holders especially since you'll always have those that think nothing wrong si being done and we'll spend money on anything anyway

Look at EA

I prefer using my rifle, magazine size of secondaries is too short to my taste. And I don't see any secondaries outclass Soma, Penta, Ogris, Latron Prime, Boltor Prime anyway. Brakk would be very close, but is limited by the fall off.

That's why the 90% mutlishot never bothered me on rifles.

I seem to recall asking for this myself.  Really and truly, that scant 10% that you won't shoot two bullets, especially for people like me who use Snipers a lot, tends to be a death sentence from time to time.  Nothing like headshotting a heavy, confident that you'll one-shot them only to have them survive with like a quarter health or so and blow you to shreds!

In all seriousness though, it has bothered me as well.  The ONLY reasons I can think for it being 90% and not 100% is because of the following:

1) "Primaries should be better than secondaries, thus shouldn't have to multishot all the time."

2) Having a 6-level mod (level 0 being one of the ranks, shut up I'm a programmer from time to time) that equals 100% is wonky math.

3) ???

4) Profit?

In all seriousness though, it has bothered me as well.  The ONLY reasons I can think for it being 90% and not 100% is because of the following:

1) "Primaries should be better than secondaries, thus shouldn't have to multishot all the time."

2) Having a 6-level mod (level 0 being one of the ranks, shut up I'm a programmer from time to time) that equals 100% is wonky math.

3) ???

4) Profit?

Simple way to make it 100%. Have it's base 20% and only have 4 ranks, as this would make it 100% at rank 4 (or rank 5 if you count base a rank1).

Edited by LazyKnight

I seem to recall asking for this myself.  Really and truly, that scant 10% that you won't shoot two bullets, especially for people like me who use Snipers a lot, tends to be a death sentence from time to time.  Nothing like headshotting a heavy, confident that you'll one-shot them only to have them survive with like a quarter health or so and blow you to shreds!

3) ???

4) Profit?

Split chamber issues affect single shot weapons and bows the most. As a Dread user even pre-buffed, this can have consequences on a failed shot.

That is why I want them to stack like Hell's Chamber.

But DE doesn't seem to care that much about these.

I'd like to see it cap at 100% because of weapons like bows / snipers. They have a fairly low fire rate, and it's not nice to put on a max Split Chamber, and have to worry about 10% of the time your headshot doesn't kill the target because only one bullet came out instead of the two needed to be deadly.

I agree that the multishot mods should all be normalized, but I believe the max should be 100% for all of them, not 120%.  Why add 20% chance to fire a third shot to the equation in the first place?  Another option would be to remove multishot from everything but shotguns and bows, seeing as those are the only two weapon classes that would actually be capable of firing either increased shot count or multiple arrows at once.

I agree that the multishot mods should all be normalized, but I believe the max should be 100% for all of them, not 120%.  Why add 20% chance to fire a third shot to the equation in the first place?  Another option would be to remove multishot from everything but shotguns and bows, seeing as those are the only two weapon classes that would actually be capable of firing either increased shot count or multiple arrows at once.

Nah leave 120% be.

Side arms totally deserve a 80% chance of a 3rd multi-shot.