The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of God. Take A Look At Melee Weapons.

DirkDeadeye

Either buff them buff the mods, do something.

I say this because, and quite frankly it's kind of a terrible thing to base feedback off of.

But how many people have these guys who WILL_NOT_USE_THEIR_LONG_GUN in their party. I don't always have bros online. And I like to play with people, cause it's fun.

They run around slashing everything. They do no damage. They die, over and over again. I can't kick them, I die reviving them..they drag the missions on. It's not gonna stop any time soon. If you're gonna give these dudes some swords and whatnot, they need to work a little better. It really is pretty attractive to run up and cut a dude in half when you first start the game. Thing is, unless you keep up with mods, you're just wasting your time.

Lol samurai wannabee's melee ancient toxics is hilarious, I just sit back and just watch them go down. Good tip don't melee the green glowing toxics, they will almost always win or take 50% or more of your health behind your sheild before they go down lol.

Lol samurai wannabee's melee ancient toxics is hilarious, I just sit back and just watch them go down. Good tip don't melee the green glowing toxics, they will almost always win or take 50% or more of your health behind your sheild before they go down lol.

I mean, call me crazy but seeing enough of these idiots doing it, with little or no result leads me to beleive that melee needs some work. I did a mobile defense mission where I ran out of ammo, becuse there were just so many grineer. 3 other people using their swords. ONE guy had an Scindo..and was actually doing something.

Your reason to buff melee or their mods is not good, if you can't revive them don't try. there is the chat to give tips in game too.

However they need to increase the pressurepoint mod, or the fury mod to balance them out with the reflexcoil and killingblow percentages

Lol i see your point BUT, you cant buff anything in this game just because some noobs dont know how to play with their gear lol.

Its just like saying buff the rifles damage 10x times because people in my mission die cause they cant aim properly really.

I can't speak for how it scales in late missions, like Pluto or Eris or the like, but I think the problem isn't melee per se, it's the type of melee you've been seeing. The few times I've played with other people besides my friends, they either mash the E key as fast as possible, which generally results in them getting killed, or use repeated charge attacks, especially against bosses. The former is bad, and they should feel bad, the fact that there are weapons designed to cater to that playstyle makes me shake my head. The latter though can work, especially with the heavier melee weapons, since their charge damage is very high.

Me personally? I melee a little differently, as do my friends who started at the same time as me and learned stuff at the same time. We rely a lot on sliding double slashes, since they deal very high damage and don't result in you being a bullet sponge due to the sheer speed that you move at. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's performed by sprinting, then crouching to do a slide, and then tapping E twice, you can control the direction you go in for each spinning slice, but it takes some getting used to. We also do a lot of slides into a jump stab to knock enemies down and then quickly finish them. I do charge attacks when going around a corner against an enemy, typically a Grineer so that he can't try to melee me back. The only time I ever use straight attacks is when I'm invisible(as Loki) and there are a horde of weak enemies like infested chargers, because then my sheer damage is high enough to one shot most enemies due to autocrits while stealthed, so it's more a matter of swinging at as many as possible.

In a few days when my new warframe finishes, I'll be using my shiny new Scindo as well, which should be a huge jump up from my Cronus.

Well, it depends on Warframe you are using, too. i`m playing Rhino and against big groups of Infested or Grineers i prefer using Gram or Scindo Chrage attacks. I don`t care about Toxic Ancients or any other enemies at all, my Rhino skin does it for me. And believe me, well upgraded heavy melee wepaon can do tons of damage if used properly (atm it`s around 1k+ AoE Damage to Infested per Charge without crit, not small at all and it`s only 40%-50% upgraded mods, no Energy use, no Ammo and it takes only 1s to charge.). If you having problems with melee - get a new brain and hands, that`s it.

Edited by Tz1m1sc3

Not even saying buff them. I said I think something needs to be done. I'm just making conversation in the vain hope that maybe some good feedback will come of this. I don't understand why almost everything said here is construed as some kind of ultimatuim.

Your reason to buff melee or their mods is not good, if you can't revive them don't try. there is the chat to give tips in game too.

However they need to increase the pressurepoint mod, or the fury mod to balance them out with the reflexcoil and killingblow percentages

I agree with the pressure point mod to gain a little boost (even having it changed to 50% would make most of the melee lovers smile already.. hell if it does happen and DE decides to be all Santa Claus about it, like say increasing it to ranges of 60-75% it'll be the day...)

but for the fury part, personally I think it's already in a "justified" range.Prior to U7, you can basically have a Dual Zoren-like heavy weapon with a couple of good fire rate mods, hence, not making them "heavy" weapons to say the least. With the current fire rate mods, the weapons and their fire rates go hand in hand already. If you want to get fast normal slashes, you'd have to sacrifice charge damage, if you want to have high charge damage numbers you'd sacrifice the other. It's just putting things into perspective.

Yeah.. may that day come... oh melee...

Lets start with a question-

Do melee weapons do the right amount of damage for the risk one takes in getting so close?

Depends on what you call risk. A good player can actually slice the sh*** out of many enemies without loosing his entire shield.

Its not simply the weapon. You should ask for the frame as well. I use ash for example. I jump into melee with my fangs. (Lightning/ice)

I slow them and stagger them with ice, most enemies are dead after 5-10 seconds of slicing. If they get the upper hand, i use my invis skill and slice them to little pieces. Something like that wouldnt work with a volt or a mag.

Lets start with a question-

Do melee weapons do the right amount of damage for the risk one takes in getting so close?

Probably what I should've asked. I made this thread after quitting a mission.

And, me personally, no. I'm using dual heat swords.

If someone tells me they're garbage. I'll ask you this - why are they garbage? Why are they allowed to be garbage. In a PvE game. Everything should be on par, and have astetic differences, or mechanical strenghts.

One thing I've never understood about how developers balance weapons. They have all these terrible weapons that never get used, a couple that are OP. The OP weapons get all the tuning, the rest sit. Doesn't make any sense.

Probably what I should've asked. I made this thread after quitting a mission.

And, me personally, no. I'm using dual heat swords.

If someone tells me they're garbage. I'll ask you this - why are they garbage? Why are they allowed to be garbage. In a PvE game. Everything should be on par, and have astetic differences, or mechanical strenghts.

One thing I've never understood about how developers balance weapons. They have all these terrible weapons that never get used, a couple that are OP. The OP weapons get all the tuning, the rest sit. Doesn't make any sense.

If I can recall correctly dual heat swords are one of the faster weapons in teh game, but not that powerful. They make up for that by being able to hit multiple enemies in a single stroke as well as being fast to pull out the normal and charge hits.

Toss a few damage mods onto those things and you'll see its ability to rip enemies to pieces go up. One of my friends uses mostly melee with the dual heat swords and with the damage mods, and even a fury mod to make it faster, he can go up to enemies and cut them apart.

Melee isnt the end all of the game and the weapons are pretty decent, especially when you consider that they have a native ignore armor property (at least the charge attacks do), and the jump slam attack will probably knock down all enemies around you giving you time to pick them off with a downed finisher, or allowing you to run away.

Agreed. All weapons should be equal in some way so people can use their favorite weapon without getting killed for their choice. But I think we got some good stats on the actual stuff.

I don't have AP mod for melee yet but I think the melee damage mod scale a little low at high level. It gives 42% damage buff at max level compared to around 150% charge damage mod. My fang is already crying in the dark.

However, light weapoons' ground finisher is quite effective in dealing with enemies and they have better blocking than heavy weapons.

Depends on what you call risk.

I'd say its pretty easy to go with the idea that most of the enemies in the game are more likely/capable to harm a player that is close to them than far away.

A good player can actually slice the sh*** out of many enemies without loosing his entire shield.

That's true but not really an answer to my question.

A good player might be able to do well with a sub par weapon while a bad player might do poorly with a high pwered weapon.

I'm looking for a more standardized comparison based on comparative potential.

Its not simply the weapon. You should ask for the frame as well. I use ash for example. I jump into melee with my fangs. (Lightning/ice)

I slow them and stagger them with ice, most enemies are dead after 5-10 seconds of slicing. If they get the upper hand, i use my invis skill and slice them to little pieces. Something like that wouldnt work with a volt or a mag.

Certainly isnt just the weapon. Its just the starting question.

As a question of balance we need to look at the advantages a weapon gives compared to other weapons.

Does whatever an Ash or rhino can do with melee weapon due to stealth or unvulnnerability match up to what they can do with other weapon choices?

This is along the lines of the question at hand.