The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

Founders Pack was offered for a limited time to people who helped support the game in it's early development. Therefore "Founders." 

The people who come along later  (myself included, and no matter how much later), have no reason to complain or feel "cheated."

Why is that so hard to understand?

Early development is all the way until 2 weeks until the ps4 version is out?

Honestly, I doubt the Founder's pack would even be an issue if it wasn't in the codex. Some people (like me) are horribly bugged that we can't star everything there because we just can't get it all. If it got removed, my interest in the Founder's pack as anything of value literally vanishes, and it was low to begin with, honestly.

Just include a button to hide the items in the codex. The Founder's deserve their goodies. So long as said goodies don't impact the rest of our play experience. I don't want Excalibur Prime buffed to have a clear advantage over Excalibur.

The Founder's Pack exclusivity is honestly very defendable. In several countries, its in the god damn law. This is not difficult to understand. Would I buy Founder's if it came out? Yes. Will I ask for it to return? No, because I have some common sense, and the lawsuit DE would likely eat as a result would probably bankrupt the company. A lot of Founder Packs were given out, and if it came back, a large number of them are entitled to refunds. That's a lot of money.

Never underestimate pettiness. I know people who would sue DE over something that simple. Its not worth the debacle that will ensue. Founder's stuff is Founder's stuff. Just keep it out of the way of everyone elses gameplay experience, and the problem really is a non-issue.

Never underestimate pettiness. I know people who would sue DE over something that simple. Its not worth the debacle that will ensue. Founder's stuff is Founder's stuff. Just keep it out of the way of everyone elses gameplay experience, and the problem really is a non-issue.

Pretty sure they should have a EULA that likely releases them from any liability in changing policies regarding their products.

I still don't get why people want Founders pack rereleased, still. All the recent prime stuff is cooler anyways. Also, even as primes, Lato and Skana are still not the best weapons. I mean no offense to the founders but they can keep the founders pack seriously, it's just a white and gold Excalibur with a key on his face. Rhino Prime has 30 or more keys.

But really I don't mean offense. You founders are actually really important because you helped get the game out of closed beta. I'm ever thankful for you guys.

Actually, Chip_Foamy, the courts can rule parts of EULA's unenforceable. Just because something is in a EULA doesn't mean it trumps the law. Some countries follow this policy, and Apple took a lawsuit a little while back that actually ruled a portion of its Iphone User Agreement invalid (and in the process, a portion of Itunes). Granted, this depends on where in the world you actually live. It's not true everywhere, unless something radical happened recently and I slept through it.

So yes, they are still liable for changes in policies, but pretty much only where money is involved.

I still don't get why people want Founders pack rereleased, still. All the recent prime stuff is cooler anyways. Also, even as primes, Lato and Skana are still not the best weapons. I mean no offense to the founders but they can keep the founders pack seriously, it's just a white and gold Excalibur with a key on his face. Rhino Prime has 30 or more keys.

But really I don't mean offense. You founders are actually really important because you helped get the game out of closed beta. I'm ever thankful for you guys.

Excalibur prime really isn't anything special, everyone should calm down. the Lato and Skana suck.

Whether they re-release it or not, I hope they allow me to at least complete the entire codex. That includes the vandals and wraiths I've missed. Otherwise I could care less about getting the items themselves. But then again, the codex isn't really much of a big deal. I can live with it incomplete.

The obvious logic flaw in the argument is that games of this sort never actually stop development until the day they die.  Constant additions of new content are what keeps games like this alive.  "Going retail" is functionally equivalent to "Game is dead" in this genre.

This is not a convincing argument.

Founders can keep their Badges and Solar Landmarks.

The players just want Design Council access, and the Prime gear (Excalibur, Lato, Skana.)

Invent time machine, go back in time, pay DE for Founders package, profit.

Point of Excal, Lato and Skana being exclusive is, rewarding people for supporting Warframe in its early development? Did you support Warframe then? If yes, then you should get items. If no, stop asking for them.

Founders eneded when it ended, if DE wanted to bring it back they wouldnt used Prime Access as replacement.

Whether they re-release it or not, I hope they allow me to at least complete the entire codex. That includes the vandals and wraiths I've missed. Otherwise I could care less about getting the items themselves. But then again, the codex isn't really much of a big deal. I can live with it incomplete.

On this topic, I made a thread recommending they do away with all Prime/Wraith/Vandal gear, and replace it with skins for existing weapons. This way Mastery isn't awarded for exclusive gear, and we don't get spammed with Lato Vandal, Lato Wratih, Lato Prime, Corrupted Lato, Lato, Aklato, Aklato Prime, etc, etc, etc. (Okay, Aklato and Lato are two different guns.)

Invent time machine, go back in time, pay DE for Founders package, profit.

Point of Excal, Lato and Skana being exclusive is, rewarding people for supporting Warframe in its early development? Did you support Warframe then? If yes, then you should get items. If no, stop asking for them.

Founders eneded when it ended, if DE wanted to bring it back they wouldnt used Prime Access as replacement.

I don't think you have the authority to tell me to stop posting about something. Even after it's announced that all old Exclusives are NEVER coming back, the playerbase has the right to voice their opinions on this subject.

Edited by Zerrien

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but if they re released founders and all the prime gear with it, I'd feel a little betrayed. Even though they said it was never going to be re released they're working on a way to let new players into the design council. Which is fine with me. But, all the exclusive stuff should be kept exclusive or... Why should we rush to buy "exclusive things" if they're just going to be re opened to the public at a later date?

the main reason I got founders was for the access to design council, If they brought back founders to give players access to that, cool. I'm not against keeping it gone forever or bringing it back, either way the more people in design council the better.

Founders gear is just like funding rewards on kick starter, a thank you for helping to fund a goal. Now that the goal has been met, the rewards are longer available.

You don't see people on kick starter releasing exclusive funding rewards after the final product was released do you?

Didn't think so.

Also to the ps4 players who think they deserve to have a founders pack because they think they "founded" the ps4 version. You're wrong, us pc players did.

Why Founder's pack exclusivity is easy to defend:

They are legally obligated because they said it was exclusive and would never be released again.

And they have regretted it ever since. They want to release them to the public, but due to the way they promoted the program, they cannot do it, and i feel very bad for them. And i want them to be happier than when they finnaly were able to make this game, the game of their dreams, WARFRAME©

There's still hope however, if we Founders (Not everyone, just most of us) give permission to DE, they will be able to fix that mistake and rerelease the Founder Weapons and True Excalibro.

i am against "exclusivity" and selfishness, let everyone get the Founder Primes and only the Founder Primes. No plat, or shirts or bandanas. just the guns and Excalibro.

This is why me, Kraosdada (Real Name Matías Campos), Founder, will not oppose to a rerelease of the founder primes, and instead i Will Give My Permission, to you, Digital Extremes, to release the Founder only Primes to every single active player in this BEAUTIFUL game, So Selflessness and cooperation can PREVAIL!! *i rise my clenched fist in the air, waiting for others to follow suit*

Edited by Kraosdada

I am NOT asking for the program to come back. But i will fight with tooth and nail until these Primes are avaiable to EVERYONE. unlike many of you, i am not selfish, and i would Love to see an Alkato Prime or the Dual Skana Prime that Volt wielded in the Profit Trailer.

And they have regretted it ever since. They want to release them to the public, but due to the way they promoted the program, they cannot do it, and i feel very bad for them. And i want them to be happier than when they finnaly were able to make this game, the game of their dreams, WARFRAME

This is why me, Kraosdada (Real Name Matías Campos), Founder, will not oppose to a rerelease of the founder primes, and instead i Will Give My Permission, to you, Digital Extremes, to release the Founder only Primes to every single active player in this BEAUTIFUL game, So Selflessness and cooperation can PREVAIL!!

LOL? says who? DE sure hasn't said anything about regretting not doing out founders. All I'm reading is 'bawww, I want Excalibro prime, BAWWWWWW' I could make a logically constructed argument as to WHY you're wrong, but it's 02:20 in the morning, I'm tired, and I have a class in 3 hours, why should I bother trying to change your mind when the only thing you're doing is being greedy on cosmetics?

That is literally the ONLY thing you are doing, I have lato and braton vandel, they suck, it's just a reskin, the damage sucks, same with excalibur prime, it's a reskin, literally nothing different, granted it's a shiny rare skin, but still... who the hell plays excalibur? other than new players who are forced to use him till they farm say... Rhino.

seriously, all these threads boil down to one thing. "Founders have content I want, DE stop being meaaaaan :(" with the people who founded, (rightfully so) Get to tell you "no, we put 100-300$ into this game to see it get off the ground, you didn't."

Edit: fine, I saw the second post you slipped in there. I'm not saying they won't re-release excalibur prime or some of the other primes or vandels, but for gods sake, unless you're a hoarder or you actually god for bid USE excailbro... What's the point of getting weps that damage literally sucks to the point an unpotatoed seer outdps's a fully forma and modded vandel?

Edited by TimeStop

LOL? says who? DE sure hasn't said anything about regretting not doing out founders. All I'm reading is 'bawww, I want Excalibro prime, BAWWWWWW' I could make a logically constructed argument as to WHY you're wrong, but it's 02:20 in the morning, I'm tired, and I have a class in 3 hours, why should I bother trying to change your mind when the only thing you're doing is being greedy on cosmetics?

That is literally the ONLY thing you are doing, I have lato and braton vandel, they suck, it's just a reskin, the damage sucks, same with excalibur prime, it's a reskin, literally nothing different, granted it's a shiny rare skin, but still... who the hell plays excalibur? other than new players who are forced to use him till they farm say... Rhino.

seriously, all these threads boil down to one thing. "Founders have content I want, DE stop being meaaaaan :(" with the people who founded, (rightfully so) Get to tell you "no, we put 100-300$ into this game to see it get off the ground, you didn't

Dude, you are making a shame out of yourself, I have ExcalPrime, i do not brag about it. I got something and you didn't, Do You see me laughing at you because all you got was some plat? i actually seek so you can get what you could not get during the Program's life.

Edited by Kraosdada

I use Excalibur Prime Wherever i go, use him everywhere from Terminus all the way into The Void and Lephantis. even in Pluto i use him. I want to see more Excalibur Primes running around Origin as much as you do. With enough willpower and patience, Excalibro can defeat anything. This is my way to forever thank DE for this gift, which i want to share with evryone.

Edited by Kraosdada

Most of you guys our PC players thats why you dont care if Excalibur prime come back or not but your missing the big point and problem with this people like me love Excalibur and would love the prime form also. Founders gear only ok we understand that make a new founders gear for the ps4 players is it really asking for to much? Or just being lazy about the idea and not really caring about it and over looking it. Yes it was to help make the game money so make more money off of it by giving it back to the ps4 players it was a skin for PC make it prime for ps4 its a old idea but new for ps4 change his looks do something for us Don't lock him away forever only to be seen in the codex and you can never have to much money because people will buy to get Excalibur prime besides getting him the easy way in the void keys. Its like having goku but cant play with ss1 goku its just not right or fair to the players or to the game all Warframes should be in the game we know he was exclusive but exclusive skin for PC not really a Warframe just a skin for Excalibur so why not add him as a exclusive Warframe to get in a new update on ps4 no story just a other Warframe added to the update to get in the void his story has been told already so you wouldnt have to add one with him just a other thing to get for 8 days or something plus the idea of him being on ps4 sounds better then PC but that's just me he would look much better on ps4 but hopefully you keep what i said in mind about Excalibur prime Excalibur is the only Warframe i play with 97% of the time just because thats the only one i like Excalibur is a equal Warframe nothing more nothing less it would make the game perfect  then every body would be happy Excalibur prime please dont lose hope for him power to the players.

this game will never get out of the " Beta " it has become too useful  a label/ shield  for them to discard  . It has allowed them to have non working melee for over a year . a year, why would they throw that away   

Edited by Ravel7