Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De-Was Access Supposed To Be Volt Prime ?

Dark5eiD

DE-just wondering if this last prime access was supposed to be volt prime and was changed to rhino prime because of popularity and trying to increase draw to the game before titan fall?. rhino seems to have more appeal ( not that i agree i like both ). the reason why i am asking is that the tehra prizes seem to be electrical which would go with volt prime obviously. rhinos helmet seems rushed as well. not the best looking design. the reason why i am asking was i was really looking forward to volt prime. Also i was wondering how the warframes are choosen to be prime. i dont know if its just me, but i think the warframes should be choosen in order of length of time in the game. in other words there should be a lot of warframes made prime before rhino...loki,volt and etc. im not bashing here just questioning. thanks

The event and the prime access are completely unrelated things.

Also DE said long before this event was teased at that it was a 90% chance of being Rhino or Loki so I imagine it was always going to be Rhino and not Volt.

Maybe we will see Volt prime after the next one.

The Rhino Prime Helmet is the head of a hammer. not liking its design does not mean it's rushed. It is actually very polished and complete, it just takes a little getting used to. 

Cicero mods were poison, Saryn Prime wasn't released. 
Events and Primes have no connection to each other. 

The event and its mods seem to have a more thematic relation rather than a "nearest frame" one, at least when I think about it.

Cicero = Poison-y stuff -> Toxic mods

Tethra = Energy cores, electrical traps, during a thunderstorm -> Electric mods

At least that's what my brain thinks.

The Rhino Prime Helmet is the head of a hammer. not liking its design does not mean it's rushed. It is actually very polished and complete, it just takes a little getting used to. 

Cicero mods were poison, Saryn Prime wasn't released. 

Events and Primes have no connection to each other.

if there was a prime release after the cicero it should have been saryn just like after tethra it should have been volt. putting that aside i still belive they should be choosing the primes that were here first or in the order they came out in.

DE-just wondering if this last prime access was supposed to be volt prime and was changed to rhino prime because of popularity and trying to increase draw to the game before titan fall?. rhino seems to have more appeal ( not that i agree i like both ). the reason why i am asking is that the tehra prizes seem to be electrical which would go with volt prime obviously. rhinos helmet seems rushed as well. not the best looking design. the reason why i am asking was i was really looking forward to volt prime. Also i was wondering how the warframes are choosen to be prime. i dont know if its just me, but i think the warframes should be choosen in order of length of time in the game. in other words there should be a lot of warframes made prime before rhino...loki,volt and etc. im not bashing here just questioning. thanks

I have a better theory:

Rhino... Prime... Access...

3 words...

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Dangit, stop bringing up Volt Prime for now. It hurts to think about that kind of awesomeness when you can't have it.

When he's announced, i'm gonna be all over it....

well advanced good luck with the rare drop rate on one or two of its part.

DE knew Rhino Prime would get more attention. More attention = more Prime Access sales = $$$

this is what i think.i understand that this is a business and they have to make money. i just think they should choose the warframes that have been long waiting...loki and volt. and choose from original to latest in that order. zephyr prime next :\

As  the team has said, NOBODY knows what the next prime is ahead of time. There's multiple teams working on frames(or, were... that's a different story), and it's a matter of "who gets their stuff done first?"

So, for a while, the best we had was "90% chance of loki or rhino", and that's all anyone knew. Which meant, the loki team and rhino team were both nearing completion on their work, but neither was ready at that point. The rhino team apparently finished first, and rhino prime was pushed out as soon as possible--he STILL took too long, as they cancelled the last prime access a week early, with nothing to replace it with, just giving us a "teaser trailer" that didn't show the actual finished product--it still wasn't done.

So, loki is almost certainly next in line, and will probably be coming out with melee 2.0 6.0.

I would love to see volt prime and I hope the gold skin is truly good looking unlike rhino, don't like it much at all.  As for rhino prime, I look at my rhino and then look at rhino prime....aside from the minor speed boost on rhino prime and the gold skin, my prime is exactly like rhino prime...same "dash" polarity as well.   Since I forma'd my rhino, I see no need to get rhino prime.  Normally I would drop the normal version and keep the prime version, like I did with mag, frost and gonna do with ember (if I can ever get the BP to show up again).  So for an established player like me, it doesn't matter what prime they release, they aren't anything to get excited about.  For a new player to the game, I could see the ignorance factor and they would drool over rhino prime or any other prime.

Edited by Krymanol

Primes should be released based on whether or not the art team can come up with a good visual design for that particular prime at the time.

Otherwise we get Mag Prime. :/

I don't have mine yet (need Systems) but I'm sure as Hek putting the Gauss helmet on her as soon as she's built.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

DE works in mynki-sterious ways

hilarious !!!

i understand the teams thing. but the teams could be made to work on or focus on certain frames first. im sorry if i am beating this into the ground here. i just feel like loki and volt are under appreciated and they deserve more attention. by the sounds of it loki will be next and that will stop some of my *@##$ing :\

Loki? Under appreciated?

Does not compute

by under appreciated i mean he should have been made a prime before frost,ember and rhino. just my opinion like i previously stated. should be priming warframes that have been around the longest first.

by under appreciated i mean he should have been made a prime before frost,ember and rhino. just my opinion like i previously stated. should be priming warframes that have been around the longest first.

There has never been a correlation with release date of Frame being tied to the Prime frame releases.

Assumptions being made and then letdown is all.