Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Suggestion

BaronessBlacksilk

I went looking around the forum a bit to see what people had been saying about possible trading options. Didn't see anything suggested like this and so I thought I would add a small suggestion. I know we don't want to see trade spammed with WTB and WTS, so I was wondering if it would be possible to look into some kind of end-mission trading only between the mods that dropped for you that run. No credits or Platinum involved however. It would give both pick up groups and friends to trade without it spilling over into chat. Perhaps something where once you left the end mission result screen they would be locked to you until you meet the requirements for the system they already have planned. What does anyone else think about something like this?

Edited by LadyGenevieve

I actually think that that would be an acceptable one if you could only do it on the results screen.

I cant remember how many times I have finished a map and went: "Crap I have 5 shotgun mods and I never use a shotgun" knowing that a friend in that match uses them and picked up some killer rifle or warframe mods he doesnt want.

That's exactly how I would like to see it. Ran some missions last night and my friend picked up 4 Focus mods in one run and I still hadn't found one yet.

I would love it for the better chance of getting a flow mod >.=.>

I know that one is rare, but it seems to be the rarest of the rares for me, yet a friend has gotten 5 so far.

Edited by Tsukinoki

100% agree with this, it'd be great among friends who can trade to help each other out. The chat wouldn't be cluttered because of it being only for the mission group.

I just hope that the mods we get can not be visible to others. Having a pug group where you're cast out or disliked because you got that ONE mod everyone wants would be dreadful.

Edited by Sixnalia

This indeed seems like a good idea.

By "between the mods that dropped" I assume that the trades are all 1:1? (As in, give a mod, receive a mod. No charity.)

I would think that you could say: "Hey I want to trade this one mod for those 2 mods of yorus" or something similar. Thay way if you got a super rare mod or something you could get something of equal value out.

In my opinion... a trade would be ok as long as the players don't make it escalate into a "Market simulator" like what happened to Team Fortress 2, that started to look more like that than an actual game since the store and the trade system were introduced. Warframe already has a "kinda" of store but at least you can purchase all the stuff with ingame credits anyway (on TF2 some items can't be obtained just by playing the game) so maybe even with a trading system shouldn't become bad.

I don't mean that a trading system shouldn't be introduced at all but just "be careful" with stuff like trading and marketing because after all warframe is an action co-op game, and at least I wouldn't want to see it becoming a "market simulator" and follow this kind of "disruptive path" many other games took already.

In my opinion... a trade would be ok as long as the players don't make it escalate into a "Market simulator" like what happened to Team Fortress 2, that started to look more like that than an actual game since the store and the trade system were introduced. Warframe already has a "kinda" of store but at least you can purchase all the stuff with ingame credits anyway (on TF2 some items can't be obtained just by playing the game) so maybe even with a trading system shouldn't become bad.

I don't mean that a trading system shouldn't be introduced at all but just "be careful" with stuff like trading and marketing because after all warframe is an action co-op game, and at least I wouldn't want to see it becoming a "market simulator" and follow this kind of "disruptive path" many other games took already.

I can understand that. A positive about a system like this is that all mods gained on the run are unleveled. I also believe this would be a great way to promote finding people you like to play with. I'm not saying this needs to go in game as is but I believe it's a good starting point or step in the right direction if something like it were to be used.