The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr And Altitude Limits.

SJunior

Soooo, I Was pretty hyped when I first got Zephyr. Thought it was going to be pretty fun zipping around the sky with her Flying ability and such.

Turns out, I was wrong. What I get greeted with more than likely, Is a Black flash and a teleport back.

Why? Altitude Limits. Wether it's Corpus Defense Missions, Or /Inside/ Jupitar's Buildings (Have tried, Some have.). There are Altitude Limits.

I find it counter-intuitive to have a flying frame, Than have a bunch of invisible walls in the sky of half the tiles.

Anyone else get that feeling?

You're basically complaining that you can't be useless to your allies and just fly around aimlessly forever.

But to answer your question of why, it's because the stage isn't built like you think it is. There's holes and no textures everywhere. If you actually explore a bit you'll find a ton in not normally gone to places. A ridiculous amount of them actually. It's a time old tactic of not putting things where nobody would be. You think that building has a roof? It really doesn't.

It was a mistake on their part to make a frame like Zephyr when they had built the game like that, yes. But whatcha gona do?

It was a mistake on their part to make a frame like Zephyr when they had built the game like that, yes. But whatcha gona do?

Not really. Before zephyr there was valkyr who can already go just about anywhere. And diesn't excalibur or someone similar, have a superjump ability too?

besides that, all frames have the ability to climb and wallrun infinitely.

Obviously there needs to be limits somewhere, but i think they're too restrictive right now. I'd like to be able to climb ontop of any structure. Not to be useless, but to stand up there with my vectis and protect my entire team from one vantage point.

There's quite a lot of structures in earth that aren't even that tall, but we run into a ceiling halfway up them. It kinda sucks :(

Why? Altitude Limits. Wether it's Corpus Defense Missions, Or /Inside/ Jupitar's Buildings (Have tried, Some have.). There are Altitude Limits.

Also this. Limits inside buildings are just plain dumb. We have an -ACTUAL- ceiling, to stop you flying too high. We don't need a second, invisible ceiling to teleport you back to ground before you hit your head.

Also this. Limits inside buildings are just plain dumb. We have an -ACTUAL- ceiling, to stop you flying too high. We don't need a second, invisible ceiling to teleport you back to ground before you hit your head.

Right? Atleast let us hit our heads on the ceiling. Not the invisible one we can't see.

Have a look at this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173701-once-again-nobody-cared-to-test-new-items-properly-before-going-live-zephyrs-max-altitude/?hl=altitude

I reported it more than a month ago. It got locked.

The issue is still there and nobody fixed it yet.

That's Disconcerting for sure..

Edited by SJunior

Soooo, I Was pretty hyped when I first got Zephyr. Thought it was going to be pretty fun zipping around the sky with her Flying ability and such.

Turns out, I was wrong. What I get greeted with more than likely, Is a Black flash and a teleport back.

I find it counter-intuitive to have a flying frame, Than have a bunch of invisible walls in the sky of half the tiles.

Anyone else get that feeling?

Agree.

Think that's bad?

Last time I played an Earth Defense as Zephyr - the sole planet whose maps have a high enough limit that DE uses it to show off in her videos - going above the standard high limit actually killed me.

Kills ground-pound builds, for the rare few that actually used them.

Where are you trying to fly too?! Lol I can fly anywhere in the map, any altitude.

In any void I can fly jump to the ceiling, in just jump.

The elevator in the void in the room with the streaming energy tubes, that elevator. I can fly from the ground aaall the way up top in one jump, just one.

What map are you having 'altitude' troubles with so I can go test it out because as far as I can see, I can hit the ceiling pretty easy,

Birdie is my fav frame after master frame Vauban  :D 

As much as I like dashing like a Super Saiyan, I wish her Divebomb was replaced with a hover ability to give her more aerial access. Duration mods would increase the amount of time you could cover, pressing again would allow gravity to take its place.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

If you really want to fly as high as you can, go to the outdoor maps on europa. There are several tiles there without a height limit on them.

Oh I know, But still. We shouldn't have to seek out stages to find what air is, And is not fake. We have ceilings for that. (Actual ceilings, Not the invisible fake ones..)

And good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Hoping DE will give a response to the thread, Hopefully.

I've actually hit the altitude limit with a Super Jump on a max power build.  It was pretty amusing and I christened my newfound technique the "Ghost Dunk".

That said, it's fair to say DE was not anticipating having warframes flying around in the sky when they made most tilesets, similar to how they didn't anticipate certain guidelines for what constitutes a Prime, Vandal, or Wraith when they made early weapons like the Lato, Braton, Boar, and Strun.  Maybe sometime in the future they'll get to go back and add more verticality to existing tilesets, as well as add some roofs and things where needed, etc.

That said, the only place I really find myself seriously at odds with any height limits is in the forest tileset.  The max height there feels almost claustrophobic.

I've actually hit the altitude limit with a Super Jump on a max power build.  It was pretty amusing and I christened my newfound technique the "Ghost Dunk".

Nice. Name. Lol.

That said, the only place I really find myself seriously at odds with any height limits is in the forest tileset.  The max height there feels almost claustrophobic.

It really is.