The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I'm Sad. ( The Missed Events Thread )

Nihilum

well... the clothing I was wearing does now double as a zombie costume a la the walking dead. lmfao.

And it is indeed sad that first things I asked were "are my clothes okay" [^No] and "can you log into my warframe account" lmfao, then my friend was like "dude, your head is stapled together -- priorities." I was REALLY out of it.

And yes, my priorities are screwed up; But as they say, Comedy = tragedy + time.

P.s. I don't care about the rewards people.. lol,  just sad I missed everything as it happened in the moment (I mean, I can just go to the wiki and on youtube, but just not the same, ya know; but still no biggy, i'm just here for stories)

Stories, eh?

Well, I left Egypt for my first vacation in six years back in June. I went to Thailand and missed the whole original Formorian sabotage event, while pushing myself to my limits by running/jogging for 6km straight every day for a week from 6 to 8 AM to get rid of any frustrations I had (y'know, puberty, hormones and all that jazz).

I ended up limping for the rest of the summer.

It doesn't quite match up to what happened to you, but I find it pretty funny in hindsight.

P.S: That doesn't change the fact that I have 3 sets of the Tethra's Doom mods. Take a set off my hands, would you?

This topic is pretty innocent, but I assure you, not for long. There are lots of people out there, that do not understand the meaning of word event and  prize.

In artificial?

no one cares, but only very few.

If you can't move hands in the real life, then how the hell can you even touch the mouse.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

Who says the dude is worrying about the event? He's just asking for other people to post up interesting stories about why they missed events. You guys need to lay off him. You don't need to give him a life lesson about how life's more important than games.

Nihilum, if I could trade you my Gorgon Wraith, I would. I know it's rare, but I'm not gonna use the thing as I'm not into wraith stuff. I'm just glad you're ok after the crap you went through. And yeah, I'd be sad about missing an event too. More sad about the reason I missed it. Hope you get better!

i would love to trade him this also, dem feels are penetrating me deeper than a premium round from world of tanks.

In artificial?

no one cares, but only very few.

If you can't move hands in the real life, then how the hell can you even touch the mouse.

I can move my hands, just a couple fingers are completley numb. If I don't watch what I type I tend to hit some wrong keys, or not press hard enough. Better than it was the first few days. Fingers were all bloated, and I couldn't bend my middle fingers, so I was giving the bird every time i made a fist, lol.

The city area is going downhill fast though... Really sad. I feel like I need need to get a concealed carry permit at this point.

The bar I was in:

http://hudsonvalley.twcnews.com/content/news/626515/a-pair-of-shootings-in-poughkeepsie-to-begin-new-year/ (somehow no one saw a thing)

The area in general:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20140127/NEWS01/140127009

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20140131/tainted-heroin-linked-to-68-overdoses-in-poughkeepsie-authorities-say

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20140115/NEWS01/140115005/City-police-477-bags-heroin-recovered-Poughkeepsie

(My friend actually works as a pharmacist at the CVS that was broken into, where all the fentenyl was stolen from. Really sad because a bunch of high school kids died as a result =[ People here are just... disgusting)

I made made some bad descisions though. I was dumb, and had my new phone ($500) out at the bar showing a friend how nice and how great the speaker quality was... in addition to being way over dressed for that scumhole. I should have dressed down to scumbag level; and would had I known we were going to that specific bar (or more likely just wouldnt have went out). I already went over all the security camera footage with the owner, but the place is so over crowded it's hard to tell anything that goes on, other than I only had two and half drinks from the bar. The worst part is that the group I was with just left after they couldnt find me. Despite my stuff still being in their car. Never called anyone either.

Edit: proof reading

Edited by Nihilum

God-Dam these feels like your taking a boltor to my heart on full auto  X_X

But in seriousness 

Just thank yourself that you got off alive and that you learned something valuable out of it. another thing is that you also have friends here like you have seen in these posts :D this might be a game but the rules still apply,

we leave no tenno behind

in or out of their frames.

Best of luck bro, sucks about your phone too, (however, if its an Iphone your better off without that money leech) :D

Edit: forgot an "s" ssssomewhere >:D

Edited by DeathMavrik

THAT is seriously brutal, the stuff people do disgust me sometimes. Anyhow, hope all is well, can't say I have any cool stories about missed events except for the fact I was too dumb to get the game as soon as it released for PS4.

EDIT: Reading your most recent post OP, keep in mind conceal carry wont help when you go to bars, because it's not legal to bring one in the establishment or carry a gun publicly while impaired. Also won't help if you're drugged. Just some things to keep in mind, a gun isn't a save all.

Edited by (PS4)GotNUGS

Also, piece of advice. Never go into bars alone, and dont drink with people that you dont know.

Sad part is I wasn't. I was there with 8 other people and we came in two groups. The people I came with left when they couldn't find me and after the other group left. Just decided to assume I went with them, despite my stuff still being in their car. Never called anyone either.

List of friends went down considerably after that night.

On the bright side you gained an awesome excuse for blowing off akward invitaitons to the bar.

Sucks to hear that. Crazy as hell that the police handcuffed you though. But given the area info you linked, bad enough area to assume everyone even the injured could be a tweaker waiting to flip their S#&$.