The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe On A Laptop...

006-GRIDFIRE

Question

I play on a laptop. It's a Clevo box I got from Mythlogic. Nvidia GTX780M, 32gb RAM, Windows 8.1. Everything maxed out and it never slows down. Ever. I use wifi and my ping times are just fine.

Before this I played on another Clevo box from 2010. Nvidia GTX285M (I think), 4gb RAM, Windows 7. It ran pretty well too with decent graphics. Pretty much any modern laptop will play it fine, you just might have to turn down the video settings depending on the card it has onboard.

Edited by Briareos

I run warframe on a laptop from 2009... 4GB RAM.... It's playable but I have to have all settings turned off and set to low whilst running it in windowed mode 400x900 yeah it's a weird resolution, makes everyone look slightly taller than they actually are but doesn't seem to distort my enviroment. I love how you can play warframe in absolutely any resolution and can physically resize the window how ever you like. I've never found another game where it's possible to do this and in my opinion it's one of warframes most awesome and unique features because it essentially allows absolutely everyone to play no matter how awful their computer is. 

400x900? :o That's insane. Wouldn't something like 640x480 be more reasonable looking? That would get rid of the weird stretching.

Acer TravelMate P253-E here.

Specs:

Intel B960 Processor (2x 2.20Ghz)

Intel HD 3000 Graphics Card

4GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)

Playing the game in max resolution (1366x768), fullscreen, with everything off and low. I have 20-35 FPS on Grineer tilesets, 30-40 on Corpus tilesets, 10-12 on Earth tilesets, 15-25 on Void tilesets, 10-12 FPS on derelicts tilesets. Subtract 2-5 FPS when many, many enemies (like Survival past the 20 minutes mark) appear, subtract another 3 when the tileset has Infested. Lowest I've ever seen was 10.00, on Earth (I like nature, but the Earth tileset is just...)

I suppose I could play in 800x600...but nah, the game becomes too "grainy" then.

Edited by LxLawliet

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R SE laptop running Win 8.1 (64-bit). It has i7 core processor (2.4 GHz), 7.86 gigs of usable ram, and isn't a touch screen like most 17r models.

In terms of Warframe, it runs pretty well overall with maxed settings - as long as DX11 isn't enabled. It runs very warm however so recently I invested in a venting unit to put under it to help keep it cool. It now operates much better at a lower temperature.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I play it on a Asus ROG G750JH. Runs like diarrhea. So fluent. So warm. Wait, that came through kinda awkward.....

i7-4700

GTX780m

256 gb SSD

8 gig RAM

Sometimes I even use some injector like sweetfx and it still runs with stable frames...

Only time frames drop is survival or defense, when the ground is covered in loot after some time and I am the host.

Edited by Cineris

I play on laptop, 6gb ram with 64 bit operating system and at least an i3 core should let you play with no lag on low settings and good internet. Hope this helped ^u^

Edit: I get 60fps

I have 4 gigs of RAM, Win8 64-bit and an i3 and I can't eveng et 30 frames..what is this sorcery?

I play on a  gateway, with an AMD card and graphics. It works pretty well with Bloom and dynamic lighting and around medium to high-ish settings. I do incur some lag in certain places like Earth with the new tileset, or in generally wide open places, but at the same time, I can keep an even 25-40 fps myself. So yeah. 

I have 4 gigs of RAM, Win8 64-bit and an i3 and I can't eveng et 30 frames..what is this sorcery?

What video card do you have? Are you using updated drivers? Are you using DX11?

Up-to-date drivers are a must. And if you try to force DX11 on a video card that doesn't support it, it'll seriously cramp your frame rate.

Budget would be pretty tight ideally spending £200 - £400 range....any suggestions?(UK as well)

Thanks for your answers everyone...

At that price I'd suggest looking on for either Acer or Asus. Just have a look on thw websites for the one that suits you best.

If the only game you're going to play is warframe, then anything with 4gb RAM, an i3 processor and integrated graphics should be able to handle the game on minimum settings.

What video card do you have? Are you using updated drivers? Are you using DX11?

Up-to-date drivers are a must. And if you try to force DX11 on a video card that doesn't support it, it'll seriously cramp your frame rate.

It's the intel chipset it came with. I tried going into the launcher and it automatically had DX11 unchecked with no way of checking it. I switched to 32-bit to see if there was a difference but there's not much if any. Graphics/video drivers are up to date (for a year old laptop anyways).

I play on a macbook pro (retina).  Playing 2880x1800, I get some lag when the screen gets busy.

I've played via my mobile phone (thankfully wasn't hosting) and it seemed fine - except when the bus went through a tunnel.  At home, using wireless, everything is almost as good as my desktop.

Would recommend a trackball (or mouse if you prefer, with a mousemat) since I find the trackpad doesn't work too well for running around :)