Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Two Weapons You Want

HavocWolf

I am proposing an idea that instead of a primary and secondary, you let us use any 2 guns we want. its not taking away anything, as we can still use an assault rifle and pistol, or bow and kunai, but it gives us variety, and a more options. For instance, instead of a dread and despair, you could have a marelok, and despair. Im suggesting this because having to have a primary and secondary always kinda limits different combo of weapons. If you can come up with any ideas to make this idea better, please post it!

Edited by Brawleee

not necessarily (bad at spelling sorry). there would be draw backs to 2 secondarys or primaries. for instance, 2 primarys would eliminate fast hoistering i think its called, and 2 secondarys would eliminate the raw power primaries have. its like would you rather have a soma and brakk, marlok and brakk, or soma and boltor prime.

Edited by Brawleee

Well, seeing as how sentinels can't have the same mods as weapons equipped, I don't see that big a deal. Although, it means there would be a mad dash to obtain and level the critical mods so that you could have two pistols with the same mods equipped.

*Ahem*

No.

Would you like to explain your opinion, oh wise one?

I am proposing an idea that instead of a primary and secondary, you let us use any 2 guns we want. its not taking away anything, as we can still use an assault rifle and pistol, or bow and kunai, but it gives us variety, and a more options. For instance, instead of a dread and despair, you could have a marelok, and despair. Im suggesting this because having to have a primary and secondary always kinda limits different combo of weapons. If you can come up with any ideas to make this idea better, please post it!

so i was reading this and was totally against it but i dont see how it will be game breaking or something, besides from someone using penta and paris prime, i think it should be limited since primaries are stronger, but seems like a good idea, maybe a speed decrease that'l be noticeable, makes sense, its more weight, using two secondaries sounds alright

Nobody would go with primaries anymore but just take Marelok and Brakk. No thanks there are enough Rhino/Soma(now Boltor Prime)/Brakk/Galatine zombies out there.

That's only because DE can't balance weapons to save their lives.

Not a bad idea at all, allowing draw backs and bonuses depending on load outs, all i want to know is what would happen if someone brought a soma, with a soma........ it seems like it will fuel the aksomas that fire rhino stomps that molecular prime everything delusions, also how would one rate akimbo weapons? or would it opt for new duel possibilities? like a kama/magnus combo, or a lato prime/dakra prime combo. so many animations and time would be devoted to such a program it would be worse then the delay of melee 6. something, i forget where we at at with it.

it would be cool, but atm i dont think DE has the man power or time to make it reality, i really like the idea of having my akmagnus as a primary, while having reaper prime and that mios weapon incoming as back up. for now ill have to say not gonna happen

Well i guess it could lead to new akimbo combos. but you couldnt wield 2 of the same primarys. or if u did you would only have 1 and have extra ammo for it and no secondary as a draw back if that were to happen. and if this did happen maybe you could have a seconadry in one hand and a melee weapon in the other and run aruond like that if u wanted. as for 2 akimbos if that were to happen. the first set on both legs, and the second set on your back.

Edited by Brawleee

I support this so long as primaries and secondaries become a bit more balanced first. I feel as though the division between the two isn't necessary considering sidearms aren't a stereotypical "last resort" in this game and are just as diverse and competent as our rifles ( too competent in fact, which again is why we can't allow this just yet since having two "sidearms" could potentially be even more OP than a Soma/Brakk combo).

So I say down with the division of primary and secondary weapons (someday).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I'd be ok with it as long as carrying 2 of the same types of weapons (rifle and rifle, pistol and pistol, etc) draws from a shared ammo pool. Using RoyalRuger's example of bringing a Soma and a Soma, you empty all your ammo with the first one, swap to your second and only have whats left in the magazine since you/ve already used up all of your rifle ammo. It would lead to interesting loadout choices, like bringing a rifle and shotgun, or a shotgun and a sniper.

The only issue I see with this is missions where you need to carry a datamass and can't use a 2h weapon. What happens to the player who doesn't bring a 1 handed weapon?

I'd be ok with it as long as carrying 2 of the same types of weapons (rifle and rifle, pistol and pistol, etc) draws from a shared ammo pool. Using RoyalRuger's example of bringing a Soma and a Soma, you empty all your ammo with the first one, swap to your second and only have whats left in the magazine since you/ve already used up all of your rifle ammo. It would lead to interesting loadout choices, like bringing a rifle and shotgun, or a shotgun and a sniper.

The only issue I see with this is missions where you need to carry a datamass and can't use a 2h weapon. What happens to the player who doesn't bring a 1 handed weapon?

Melee! Or whatever Tenno magic goes on where the DM disappears when you use melee...

my idea: too many lee's around these here forums.