Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc Discussion Thread] Life In A Dead System Continuity

SnaleKing

Cue to anyone to fix up the Dethcube, if interested. Also the damaged Dethcube is kinda intended for the Mag(Lia) to realize the extent of damage she just caused, and the consequences of being overcome by passion.

Sounds interesting. Probably would have Lia to pay to fix it up.

Here's a quick re-cap on the Hounds and Pits RP.

Sky's tending a a Sick Lia.

Alia (Sumika's character) has gone to repair a broken Dethcube

The bartender's gone to bed

And....Evan's disappered?

I've stopped pretending to know what he's doing.

I introduced my new character over at Hounds and Rats. Someone a bit more lighthearted and conversationable than what Galus turned into.

I've stopped pretending to know what he's doing.

I introduced my new character over at Hounds and Rats. Someone a bit more lighthearted and conversationable than what Galus turned into.

I never have a clue what Evanescence or Revel are doing with their characters. I usually just go along with it because it seems less confusing that way. Although I was tempted at one point to have Alia actually be related to Alad V and refer to him as "Uncle Alad" just to see what would happen.

I added his profile and pic to Character intros, but he's essentially a young, inquisitive Volt that truly believes his powers are sorcery. Above everything else, wants to be more knowledgeable and powerful, but we'll have to see what could deter him from that; I imagine he'd scare easily.

He's shamelessly inspired by something specifically, I'll see who spots it first, shouldn't take long.

I never have a clue what Evanescence or Revel are doing with their characters. I usually just go along with it because it seems less confusing that way. Although I was tempted at one point to have Alia actually be related to Alad V and refer to him as "Uncle Alad" just to see what would happen.

Seconded on Evan and Revel.

But seriously Alia will die don't do that I like her.

Edited by SnaleKing

I added his profile and pic to Character intros, but he's essentially a young, inquisitive Volt that truly believes his powers are sorcery. Above everything else, wants to be more knowledgeable and powerful, but we'll have to see what could deter him from that; I imagine he'd scare easily.

He's shamelessly inspired by something specifically, I'll see who spots it first, shouldn't take long.

Seconded on Evan and Revel.

But seriously Alia will die don't do that I like her.

Oh I know. I was strongly tempted because I found so much comedy behind the idea but even I'm not that cruel to my characters for a laugh. Though that Volt I made for The Dojo RP, I was close to making him wear a worn, red cape with holes in it, pointy sunglasses and have his lower torso wrapped in white bandages to see if anyone would get the reference. His drill necklace is a clue too.

Oh I know. I was strongly tempted because I found so much comedy behind the idea but even I'm not that cruel to my characters for a laugh. Though that Volt I made for The Dojo RP, I was close to making him wear a worn, red cape with holes in it, pointy sunglasses and have his lower torso wrapped in white bandages to see if anyone would get the reference. His drill necklace is a clue too.

Niiiiice.

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!"

Pretty sure Lia wouldn't do anything to Alia even if she was related to Alad V so long as she's not involved in his activities. She'd be shocked, sure. But that's about it. She knows that her main concern's Alad V and the various people that are under his hire/command. Galus comes to mind in that category.

You got it! Admittedly, I got myself laughing for the better part of two hours thinking about it because it was so tempting.

Yessss though in all fairness I've only seen about two animes, that and Fullmetal Alchemist.

*begins writing up Alphonse Rhino*

Though in all seriousness, it might be for the best if we used existing characters from other works more as starting ideas and inspiration rather than copy-pasting. I don't think we're even close to that yet, for the record, just thought I'd put that on the table. Putting other characters into warframes isn't a very creative form of RPing or writing.

Pretty sure Lia wouldn't do anything to Alia even if she was related to Alad V so long as she's not involved in his activities. She'd be shocked, sure. But that's about it. She knows that her main concern's Alad V and the various people that are under his hire/command. Galus comes to mind in that category.

Oh, that's good. I was hoping Lia wouldn't be turned into a total psychopath whenever Alad V or a Harvester is mentioned. That's Valkyr's job.

Though in all seriousness, it might be for the best if we used existing characters from other works more as starting ideas and inspiration rather than copy-pasting. I don't think we're even close to that yet, for the record, just thought I'd put that on the table. Putting other characters into warframes isn't a very creative form of RPing or writing.

Creative, not so much but entertaining, yes. At least me though. Maybe not directly putting a character from another work into a warframe but making them look similar is just one of the things I think of to give myself a laugh.

Creative, not so much but entertaining, yes. At least me though. Maybe not directly putting a character from another work into a warframe but making them look similar is just one of the things I think of to give myself a laugh.

*nods* likewise. Homages and references are fun, and they're really good for helping to think outside the box for character design.

Side note, why don't we upvote posts? If a post is a particularly interesting bit of RP, or good writing, or funny, we should let them know. The idea just occurred to me, so I'll be upvoting from now on.

Edited by SnaleKing

I am curious but is Galus actually going to return to that bar at any point? As for that Volt, Alia is definitely going to be surprised by him not freaking out in the slightest that she has a Harvester with her, even if it is unarmed.

That's a good question, I've been thinking about it. Maybe, once Lia's left for a while. I know realistically he wouldn't know if she was there or not, but that's a non-combat RP and I'll keep it that way.

I am looking forward to fleshing out Ornitier, it'll largely depend on how others approach him.

Side note, why don't we upvote posts? If a post is a particularly interesting bit of RP, or good writing, or funny, we should let them know. The idea just occurred to me, so I'll be upvoting from now on.

I was thinking about doing that, but it seemed it was in nobody's interest so I didn't bother as well.

That's a good question, I've been thinking about it. Maybe, once Lia's left for a while. I know realistically he wouldn't know if she was there or not, but that's a non-combat RP and I'll keep it that way.

I am looking forward to fleshing out Ornitier, it'll largely depend on how others approach him.

I can say this. Alia would at least appreciate that he's not someone who reacts negatively to Absalon and maybe try to chat with him. Though the story behind how she even got Absalon is actually a lot less exciting than some people might expect and more along the lines of sheer luck.

I was thinking about doing that, but it seemed it was in nobody's interest so I didn't bother as well.

I personally just never remember combined with that I don't see others do it so I don't either. I have especially enjoyed it so far, however, when some of the random things happen like that drunk Napalm who challenged the Tenno to a dance contest and then Galus chatting with Mary about getting to know the Corpus. Speaking of random things, I still wonder what happened to that one Banshee that had gotten drunk that one time and that female Grineer that this one Loki was hitting on.

Edited by Sumika1204

Speaking of random things, I still wonder what happened to that one Banshee that had gotten drunk that one time and that female Grineer that this one Loki was hitting on.

I'm assuming the people that rp as those characters lost interest or forgot about the thread. I think the Loki was Yuikami, the creator of the Hounds and Rats Bar, which is kind of odd.

I can say this. Alia would at least appreciate that he's not someone who reacts negatively to Absalon and maybe try to chat with him. Though the story behind how she even got Absalon is actually a lot less exciting than some people might expect and more along the lines of sheer luck.

I personally just never remember combined with that I don't see others do it so I don't either. I have especially enjoyed it so far, however, when some of the random things happen like that drunk Napalm who challenged the Tenno to a dance contest and then Galus chatting with Mary about getting to know the Corpus. Speaking of random things, I still wonder what happened to that one Banshee that had gotten drunk that one time and that female Grineer that this one Loki was hitting on.

Ismiri is that banshee, I believe, Zeus' character. She's still around.

I'm assuming the people that rp as those characters lost interest or forgot about the thread. I think the Loki was Yuikami, the creator of the Hounds and Rats Bar, which is kind of odd.

Yeah, I don't know where Yui went. White Loki is one of the recurring characters of her comics though, so that's probably why she was using him instead of her infamous Nyx.

Not Ismiri but a different one that used the Immortal skin. I remember them as musical Banshee for the one that is somewhat hard of hearing and Immortal Banshee.

That's right, I forgot there was the immortal one. Yeah it kind of sucks when people stop posting without exiting their character, but I suppose I'd rather them post and try it out than not.

Well, except when that guy posted 5 paragraphs and hijacked everyone's characters, especially Lady_Viper's. We could do without that.