Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option To Turn Off Defense Mission "helpers?"

Lickity-Split

Don't know if the option already exists, if it does I apologize for my ignorance.

If not then please could we get an option to turn off the "helpers?" that come join in defense missions...

They serve as a hindrance.

I like soloing defense missions just to see how long I can go for, also because its a fun mission type.

But those Grineer/Corpus guys that come along with you just bug the life out of me...

They make a big noise and prevent the mobs from getting to me quick enough...

Prefer all the mobs to die near the objective so its easier to loot.

Also yesterday we had a Corpus walker things powerstomp The Stalker off the platform as he died... No loots he fell into the Abyss...

Also I cant stress how many times one of these guys ran in front of me as I shot off a Penta Grenade, bounces back and blows me up...

I find it hilarious and use a revive but still a hindrance.  

TL;DR - If we could get an option at the start of the defense map like a console "Hack this to disable faction support" for the guys who dont want the support that would be great.

You only get the "helpers" if you are doing an Invasion Defence I thought.

Just do regular Defence missions instead of Invasion ones.

Tried this.

They are irritating to solo (Not difficult just irritating)

Those guys have guns so they stand all over the place and just shoot the objective... Nuisance when you're by yourself and have to be at 8 different places at the same time...

Do normal defense missions with groups though thats a blast.

What I want is the option to hack the IFF transponders so I can kill them myself. They've earned it, what with running off into line of fire...

Those Bombards you sometimes get in the Grineer cave defense map are cool though. They move nice and slow if at all, look for high ground and knock stuff down. I think we could be bros.

I enjoy invasions/infestations when siding with the grineer, they make things more fun and make the solo seem less solo.

I wouldn't be opposed to an option to not have them, but I don't see that likely. You could try to find a map where you need an elevator to reach the area to defend, since greneer/corpus can't take elevators.

So op you dont want to do defenses with grineer/corpus cause they dont bunch up and you cant kill them all in 1 ult cast

All i can propose is

For easy mode defense head to odd. easiest defense possible. ppl without any skill. knowledge of game or decent mod setups can do 100 waves there.

So op you dont want to do defenses with grineer/corpus cause they dont bunch up and you cant kill them all in 1 ult cast

All i can propose is

For easy mode defense head to odd. easiest defense possible. ppl without any skill. knowledge of game or decent mod setups can do 100 waves there.

Pretty sure that OP wants to do the Invasion Defense missions without their respective helper squads of Grineer/Corpus. For the reward of both the Defense mission + the "complete this mission X number of times" reward.

How 'bout giving the player a prompt option like the one we clicking on a node with nightmare mode on.

And the choice would be:

Normal - standard invasion mission with faction support

Hardcore - standard invasion mission without faction support

Tenno Elite - essentially Nightmare mode, no faction support, has some sort of perks to be worth it maybe new warframe and weapon parts and/or BPs or something.