Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weak Event Weapons?

CzosnekSkrylex

I have a feeling that all the good event weapons were the vandal ones, strun wraith and brakk, the newer ones like machete and gorgon feel well... kinda meh.Many weapons from the void/shop are 10x better than these event weapon and you dont really have to try at all to get them, just a few runs and here you go.

DE should find a way to buff them in stats like definetly higher dmg than the original, or better crit rate or i dont know.

I mean whats the point of trying to get  X number of points on the event for a certain weapon if it gets beaten by mostly anything

(Post your opinions here too)

their weak because we didnt do squat to attain them.

if youd done 100+ missions for your brakk then it turned out it sucked ppl would have raged, but the m.wraith/twin v.wraith/g.wraith were all pretty much giveaway toys for virtually no effort so its fine that their weak/average.

i prefer event weapons to be mere skins before being good enough to bring the brakk drama all over again in a few months.

if the weapon is better than anything else you will have new players whining in some months because they cant get it, a cosmetic and little better stats weapon for an event is great IMO.

I think DE is trying to get away from OP exclusive weapons as they continuously get ripped for them by either players that cannot do the event for RL reasons or players new to game or returning.

Event weapons should be trophies to show off and not out right replacements to current weapons.

Personally I think Event weapons should be exactly the same as the current weapons stat wise with a special distinctive skin, this way people that run the event can get the extra Mastery and have a weapon to show off without screwing over players that actually have a life outside of video games.

i agree with the machete...maybe its the swing pattern (and how slow it swings even with maxed fury); but that's a fair point about the ease of attainability.  That being said...i really really like the Gorgon Wraith.

...maybe its cause i was planning on forma'ing the Gorgon immediately before this event started...

their weak because we didnt do squat to attain them.

if youd done 100+ missions for your brakk then it turned out it sucked ppl would have raged, but the m.wraith/twin v.wraith/g.wraith were all pretty much giveaway toys for virtually no effort so its fine that their weak/average.

LOL

I've done well over 300 missions for the Corpus trying to get the G3 and my Brakk.

The Brakk reward event was nothing compared to the farmfest timesink it has induced in the past couple weeks.

i prefer event weapons to be mere skins before being good enough to bring the brakk drama all over again in a few months.

if the weapon is better than anything else you will have new players whining in some months because they cant get it, a cosmetic and little better stats weapon for an event is great IMO.

Some of them are just reskins like the gorgon with minor stat changes and yes,new players WILL whine until they get a chance to play in another event and get a reward for theirselfs

LOL

I've done well over 300 missions for the Corpus trying to get the G3 and my Brakk.

The Brakk reward event was nothing compared to the farmfest timesink it has induced in the past couple weeks.

I feel the same way.  Because I wasn't able to play at that event I now have to sink 100+ hours into farming to get what people got for 20 hours playing on that weekend is BS.

Edit:

Let's not bring up the FAIL loot tables that saw people get the complete Brakk within an hour or two of G3 being released.  I am sure people that did the event were not pleased with that either.

Edited by Mickey1779

Machete Wraith was a massive improvement over the original before Damage 2.0, and Gorgon Wraith improved almost every stat over the original.

Thats your opinon,i really preffer my heavy-hitting soma than the gorgon,but maybe ill change my mind once i find a proper build

"Event weapons" should be reskins with no stat alrerations, or early access.

Everything that isn't going to be made commonly available through the drop tables/store at some point should offer nothing more than convenience(forma/catalyst/reactor).

Stronger weapons should be a result of applying mod cards, not having the good fortune of participating in an event.

On that note, Warframe needs to have any semblance of weapon balance, because right now, what passes for it is about as good as if a monkey was flinging poo at numbered squares.

Edited by Naqel

LOL

you can do all those rng fests at your leusure unlike gradivus.

the new methods for aquiring brakk/detron/stalker gear are not based on number of missions = success, its a piss poor comparison of the 2 different methods for aquiring the brakk so quoting 300 missions is a bad way to guage the difference, esp as someone else "could" do far far less than you and just get lucky.

Machete Wraith was a massive improvement over the original before Damage 2.0, and Gorgon Wraith improved almost every stat over the original.

Thats your opinon,i really preffer my heavy-hitting soma than the gorgon,but maybe ill change my mind once i find a proper build

gorgon wraith is an improvement over the gorgon, i dont get why your quoting a soma in khaos's comparison between gorgon and gorgon wraith, thats just silly.

Edited by Methanoid