Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Barrier Mod

-10no-GCoda

Idea is to have a mod that will stop 1 shot killing.

Even if you got 10 shield and railgun moa damaging you with 1000 you will keep your all health.

It might be usefull for Trinity blessing cast or for Zephyrs turbulence, but most importantly it will help with orgis\penta suicides

*This concept was part of MassEffect3 gameplay

Shield/Health Gate

Enemies

Shield gate is a mechanic introduced in Mass Effect 3. When an enemy's shields or barriers are destroyed by a non-melee weapon hit[8], excess damage from the shot that passes through to health or armor is reduced by a certain percentage according to the difficulty. The reductions are as follows:

Normal/Bronze: 50%

Hardcore/Silver/Gold/Platinum: 75%

Insanity: 100%

For weapons that fire multiple pellets, such as most shotguns or the M-358 Talon, the shield gate will apply to the pellet that destroyed the shields/barriers, but the rest of the pellets will cause full damage.

Weapons that do not fire bullets ignore the enemy's shield gate effect, except for the Krysae Sniper Rifle in multiplayer.

Players

Shepard and player characters in multiplayer receive a slightly different version of the gate effect on both their shield/barrier and health.[10] Instead of a reduction in the "excess" damage that would have bypassed barrier/shield, players gain a temporary immunity to any damage once their shields/barrier is depleted ("shield gate") or they hit 5% remaining health ("health gate"). This invulnerability is dependent on difficulty and lasts as follows:

Narrative: 1.0 seconds

Casual: .75 seconds

Normal/Bronze: .5 seconds

Hardcore/Silver: .25 seconds

Insanity/Gold: .1 seconds

Platinum: .01 seconds

There is a further "cooldown" on each of the gate effects to prevent players from being invulnerable too often (as would be otherwise possible on low difficulties with low shield regen delays thanks to powers and gear). The shield gate has a cooldown of 4 seconds and the health gate has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

As an example: a player playing multiplayer on Bronze difficulty is being attacked by a Phantom at range. The player gets hit by a shot from her palm blaster, which does more damage than the player has shields. The player is brought down to 0 shields, but shield gate kicks in and nullifies the rest of the damage. Another shot hits the player within .5 seconds, but the damage is cancelled out. The shield gate wears off after the half-second, and the player uses an Ops Pack to regenerate all of their shields. Another shot from the palm blaster hits the player, but this time the shield gate effect is on cooldown, so the player loses all of their shield and some of their health. Another shot hits the player and brings them to 5% health, at which point health gate kicks in and nullifies any further damage. After half a second, a missile hits the player—this time there are no further gate protections to the player and the player dies from the hit.

Edited by GCoda

So a mod that as long as you have shields will stop you from taking any health damage? Or just a "if you're hit by a overwhelming force it will save you 1 time"?

1 time only, you will loose all your shield, but only shields, if damage is more than your shields capacity

It wont save you from continious weapons, only from 1 shot kills, and some blast damages, like heavy gunners stomps, grenades, new electric grineer mines.

Edited by GCoda

1 time only, you will loose all your shield, but only shields, if damage is more than your shields capacity

It wont save you from continious weapons, only from 1 shot kills, and some blast damages, like heavy gunners stomps, grenades, new electric grineer mines.

*This concept was part of MassEffect gameplay

How would it work on procs and poison?

No use, cause you always get stream of bullets from several sources.

The only thing that one shots you is your Penta/Ogris.

railgun moa

grenades

heavy gunner ground slam

bombards

shield lancers

and all infested, at some point in ODS any hit will kill you

railgun moa

grenades

heavy gunner ground slam

bombards

shield lancers

and all infested, at some point in ODS any hit will kill you

And how often do you fight a lonely railgun moa? in  real situation if something drops you to 5 hp but you still live, something else will finish you in a 0.1 second, heavies, shield lancers and ancients will knock you down so you wont even be up before you are killed.

You can try QuickTHinking, but I dont think it gates any excessive lethal damage, just extends your health ( I can still 1-shot myself with Penta even with Rage+ QT)

And how often do you fight a lonely railgun moa? in  real situation if something drops you to 5 hp but you still live, something else will finish you in a 0.1 second, heavies, shield lancers and ancients will knock you down so you wont even be up before you are killed.

You can try QuickTHinking, but I dont think it gates any excessive lethal damage, just extends your health ( I can still 1-shot myself with Penta even with Rage+ QT)

from grenade explosion even on T3 MD i will die. I am not a fan of using shield  mods, i use sure footed and handspring, and if this mod will work like in ME3 it will give you 0.01 seconds of immortality when your shields are gone, it will save you from 2-3 bullets not just one :)

i am more concern about instant death, in my case even 1 shot kill protection will help.

If this was in game as core mechanics, we will never complain about OP broken lights for example.