Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great Game Flawed F2P Model

Apaulcalypse

The game is so awesome and well made for being free to play. Unfortunately it has some fatal flaws. I want the warframe sarym but she will cost 15 bucks to purchase or a ton of game time to unlock. They should had presented ALL the warframes at the beginning of game so you can pick one and go from their. I now feel like im wasting time on a warframe i dont want that i was forced to choose which is making the game incredibly unenjoyable for me to the point i don't wanna play because im wasting time on a char i dont want. Sarym also might not be the most powerful warframe but i like the underdogs. I also hate how excalibur, VOLT, and Loki are belittled by being the beginning classes it makes them undesirable. It's just not about the characters tho its like every little thing cost a ton of cash to unlock because some things you can't buy with in game creds. I would rather pay 60 bucks and just get everything like a normal game but I feel the developers are trying to milk this game for as much money as possible.

TLDR: The plat system is overly priced and needs a serious look at because it makes the company come off as greedy and had turned off some of my friends to even playin the game past lvl 3.

Yes you are correct in most aspects, the Ratio from platinum and what you can buy with it is way way way way way way way way off. Im talking like 300% way off. But I posted that since it was closed beta and they were seeign how much people were willing to spend and how much to see were to make it a level area on the ammount it costs and you get. But since its open beta, I dunno, I guess there gonna continue to screw themselves on the casual player not spending any money on the game.

What game lets you choose from everything at the very beginning?

If they were to let us choose every Frame from the beginning, they'd have to update that every time they make a new one. Which could effectively screw over people who aren't a brand new player and acquired a Frame through farming or purchasing. Or would just cause everyone to make new accounts and get everything for free with no time spent.

Farming for a Warframe, or a weapon, doesn't take very long at all, but the Foundry process is lengthy. It's an MMO, you're supposed to invest time.

Warframe has a fairly decent Free 2 Play model, the only things that can't be unlocked through playing the game are inventory slots.

And Excalibur is my favorite and most powerful Frame, don't you dare talk S#&$ about him, fool.

Edited by FatalX7

Well it's true that the platinum prices are way overpriced, being able to select whatever Warframe you want at the start seems like a bad idea. Games don't normally let you do that and it circumvents making certain frames harder and rarer to get. Not to mention you'll end up burdening new players with an overwhelming choice with the possibility that they might not be able to cope with more difficult to use warframes.

Also Excalibur and Loki are both terrific beginner warframes and strong for the late-game. So I don't know what you're talking about. (I didn't include Volt because I don't like him)

Edited by Liacu

Yah the ratio on plat is a little off.

But then again, these are permanent purchases, you cant trade them ( yet), so once bought you can use at any time.

Do note, despite understanding the high prices, i still think the ratio is off.

As for the beggining frames, thats not true, just cause excalibur or volt are starter frames doesnt make them undesirable or noobish. Excalibur slash is pure awesome, and the high jump is usefull.

Volt is awesome vs certain enemies aswell.

The point is, the ratio on plat might be off , but it is completly optional to enjoy the game.

no everyone wouldnt get everything for free your account would get one warframe so unless you made 12 accounts which is pointless because who would have time for that? lmao

and yea excalibur is cool if didnt have that quote "super awesome for noobs" lol

no everyone wouldnt get everything for free your account would get one warframe so unless you made 12 accounts which is pointless because who would have time for that? lmao

and yea excalibur is cool if didnt have that quote "super awesome for noobs" lol

But he IS a good beginner frame. Slash Dash is simple but highly effective as it doubles as a strong direct damage skill as well as a defensive escape. Really you're just asking for too much just because you can't get Saryn the free way. You wouldn't have this attitude if all you wanted was Rhino.

Edited by Liacu

Have people read my post its not about power... all frames are equal except excalibur who is considered the cheapest and most OP. I don't care about being the most powerful i feel frames are classes and people should be allowed to choose from all of em. So you say this is an MMO? well how bout if an MMO was like you gotta choose between a warrior, hunter and rogue but you cant pick the paladin mage classes until you put alot of time into one of the inital classes you dont want to even play?

Edited by Apaulcalypse

Also, a preview feature for frames and weapons is sorely needed.

I mean, they already have the virtual training room, might aswell as put it to further use.

Spending 50k on a gun you end up disliking is heartbreaking.

I don't agree. While this is beta and there will always be a need to re-evaluate the cash shop mechanics... This is how free-2-play works--especially when the devs are constantly adding content pushingout patches.

You either take what you get and grind to get what you want. Or you pay to cut corners.

Tribes does this, Hawken does this, Mech Warrior Online does this, Blacklight Rertibution does this, War thunder does this and on and on and on...

so unless you made 12 accounts which is pointless because who would have time for that?

Which is exactly what I pointed out. Tons of people would have the time for it because it takes no time at all, especially if you're making every Frame available for choosing at the very beginning.

I also hate how excalibur, VOLT, and Loki are belittled by being the beginning classes it makes them undesirable. It's just not about the characters tho its like every little thing cost a ton of cash to unlock because some things you can't buy with in game creds.

Eh, those 3 are all great warframes.

Hell, Excalibur has perhaps the most powerful offensive 25 power cost ability of any warframe.

Loki is night invulnerable if played well. Volt's 100 power ability is able to clear entire rooms.

All the warframes are pretty well balanced with each having it's strengths.

As to the cash shop. I've gotten 50 USD in credits. The only thing I've had to buy really are weapon slots and Orokin Catalyst/Reactors. Everything else I'm fine with spending the time to get in game as I find it enjoyable and it makes the Warframes that much more meaningful to me (I built them!).

So due to that I have only spent about 25% of my platinum in well over a month of play. More than fair, IMO.

If they truly were greedy then certain weapons and warframes wouldn't be attainable without platinum. But as it is everything except weapon slots, warframe slots, extra revives, colors, and appearance altering skins can be gotten in game without platinum.

Edited by silent_buddha

Have people read my post its not about power... all frames are equal except excalibur who is considered the cheapest and most OP. I don't care about being the most powerful i feel frames are classes and people should be allowed to choose from all of em. So you say this is an MMO? well how bout if an MMO was like you gotta choose between a warrior, hunter and rogue but you cant pick the paladin mage classes until you put alot of time into one of the inital classes you dont want to even play?

Cheqpwst and most op? Lol not really. Its perfectly balances thats all. And in the hands of a good player it shines.

As for the option to choose any frame, just no.

The game is designed as a class unlocking system. If you want to be support, you farm or head torwards trinity. Erc.

It should NOT feed you from start.

I felt like this after a couple days of playing. Picked volt, didn't really like it, made that cronus sword, expected a warframe to be a bit harder to build but achievable in a couple of days, so bought the saryn blueprint for 35k. Facepalmed after reading into it. *Buys founders pack* My saryn is level 30 now :D

The game is so awesome and well made for being free to play. Unfortunately it has some fatal flaws. I want the warframe sarym but she will cost 15 bucks to purchase or a ton of game time to unlock. They should had presented ALL the warframes at the beginning of game so you can pick one and go from their. I now feel like im wasting time on a warframe i dont want that i was forced to choose which is making the game incredibly unenjoyable for me to the point i don't wanna play because im wasting time on a char i dont want. Sarym also might not be the most powerful warframe but i like the underdogs. I also hate how excalibur, VOLT, and Loki are belittled by being the beginning classes it makes them undesirable. It's just not about the characters tho its like every little thing cost a ton of cash to unlock because some things you can't buy with in game creds. I would rather pay 60 bucks and just get everything like a normal game but I feel the developers are trying to milk this game for as much money as possible.

TLDR: The plat system is overly priced and needs a serious look at because it makes the company come off as greedy and had turned off some of my friends to even playin the game past lvl 3.

i sorta disagree when comes to the frames... simply because have to think of it this way how much cash would i pay for a new game? 50-60 bills... now when i play the game are some base " classes " which gives a feel for the game. Now to REALLY experience the game i must either invest a ton of time, or pay real cash to access that frame. I think its where the game's main form of cash comes from its like buying the box.

WHAT &!$$es me off is that are some guns that cost as much as the suits... that really doesnt sit well with me at all... if suits cost 15-20 bills guns should be costing half of that at most... hence i just dont buy the guns and build them. Also can just build your frames i'm currently farming for ember frame since i have my main frame.

im pretty sure this method does exist in a bunch of MMOs.

You start with some basic jobs, warrior, rogue, mage, which later evolve into figther, paladin, assassin, hunter, wizard, priest, etc.

Pretty sure.

I'm not saying the beginning 3 classes are weak.....what i mean it that they seem noobish like when i play with someone who has a decked out excalibur im not as impressed as a playing with a decked out ember. Just because he was one of the first classes you can pick from.

and um yea somethings you have to buy with plat like paris

Its simple. If you dont want to pay, you have to play and grind. If that doesnt suit you, leave.

You can buy everything with ingame credits.... And how do they milk this game for money? You can get everything through simple playing.....

This thread is invalid....

Edited by Venarge

As to the cash shop. I've gotten 50 USD in credits. The only thing I've had to buy really are weapon slots and Orokin Catalyst/Reactors. Everything else I'm fine with spending the time to get in game as I find it enjoyable and it makes the Warframes that much more meaningful to me (I built them!).

eh This^^

I have real appreciation for my weapons and warframe arsenal. I worked hard on alert missions for my Pangolin, Jaw, Cronus, Heat and Plasma swords. And I worked hard but fast to get my BPs to build Ash and Rhino after taking Volt to 30.

One thing that I enjoy that others seem to overlook... It's just fun being a space ninja and doing the grind. Sure the level were more repetitive in past updates but mechanic and general gameplay are damn fun. I love wallrunning and mastering the fairly extensive mobility set to come up with new ways to dispatch enemies while decreasing the time I'm hit.

I spent $20 for a founders pack when Update 6 came out. Lst Sun I spent another $30 to bump up my founder status and support DE more. But I have never felt I had to spend anything to enjoy the game. I've even found Orokin Reactor an Catalyst BPs on alert missions.

i did buy a couple sets of slots to fit all my weps and warframes.

im pretty sure this method does exist in a bunch of MMOs.

You start with some basic jobs, warrior, rogue, mage, which later evolve into figther, paladin, assassin, hunter, wizard, priest, etc.

Pretty sure.

Some MMOs have it to where you have a base school like in the soldier or magic and then become a an extension of that base class never an entirely new class tho.

Its simple. If you dont want to pay, you have to play and grind. If that doesnt suit you, leave.

You can buy everything with ingame credits.... And how do they milk this game for money? You can get everything through simple playing.....

This thread is invalid....

They could of chosen to give us everything like most other video games for 60 dollars which is fair imo but instead they choose a method in which they can take more money that is greedy. I mean come on they give you 50 plat to start off with then you have to spend 10 bucks to get 170 plat which puts you at 220 plat but o wait!!! certain warframes cost 225 plat LOL so then your forced to drop another 5 dollars. Hey you want the bow wep? well drop some more plat and cash or some other badass weps again drop more plat and cash i feel like im being charged everwhere i turn.

They could of chosen to give us everything like most other video games for 60 dollars which is fair imo but instead they choose a method in which they can take more money that is greedy. I mean come on they give you 50 plat to start off with then you have to spend 10 bucks to get 170 plat which puts you at 220 plat but o wait!!! certain warframes cost 225 plat LOL so then your forced to drop another 5 dollars. Hey you want the bow wep? well drop some more plat and cash or some other badass weps again drop more plat and cash i feel like im being charged everwhere i turn.

Nope. Sir, you are mistaken. You don't have to spend any of that to get what you'er talking about. You can use credits to get the blueprints and build the thing yourself.

You compare the game to "most other video games for 60 dollars" But this is not fair to you or Warframe. this is not one of those games. this is a free-2-play game where money is made through microtransactions. You can play and experience nearly everything for no money out of your pocket. If you want to experience all it has to offer in less time, then you need to pay.

A retail game will charge anbother $15 or so for added DLC. Warframe offers you incremental DLC for virutally nothing, for the forseeable future.

But you could always drop $60 and treat it like a retail game. Don't ever spend another dime on it and just live off the plat that $60 gives you

Edited by RawGritz