Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Conclaves Better

nocri

Ok, so they are a really nice idea, but they also need A LOT of work. Here are my propositions on how to improve them:

1) Add some reward for the winning team - like random mod or credits or splendor points or ANYTHING

2) Enemies should NOT see that someone revives teammate they even should see is he is revived (so no indicator on downed enemy)

3) Add more game modes:
-- the space ninja idea is begging for some kind of capture the flag game mode (that probably would benefit from respawn of the dead players)
-- another like PvP+PvE: two teams are starting from different points on the map and try to capture the same target (or one is trying to rescue and the other is trying to assassinate the same target)

4) Balance the weaponry and abilities (multiply shields, lower mod levels etc.)

5) Add default autobalance of the teams depending of the conclave stats of the players playing (what can be of course overridden for clan wars etc.)

6) Increase the team size

and force the same coloring on the teammates

7) Add random event during fights (like rounds without primary weapons or without abilities or with depleting health)

It would add A TON of end game content, so i think its worth of the effort.

And also PLEASE, make one topic on how to improve the conclave as sticky (or pinned).

Keep up the good work,

best regards,

nocri

I just can't understand why whenever someone speaks about ways to improve PvP all the Zealots jump from their seats with forks and torches on their waving arms to start screaming in panic "NO PVP!" PvP it's not mandatory... why can't people who want it just have it? and the ones who don't just dont use it...? im not the biggest fan of PvP but i would definitely give it a try if it was more interesting, and i think that PvP could help entertain all those players who don't have anything else to do... and avoid saying "go to a pvp game" because if we are here it's because we like Warframe... So just STOP the "NO PVP!" automatic panic and hate reply because its not productive at all, it only shows your lack of tolerance and empathy.

I hate conclave, but...to make it worth while ad a wager system.

a wager system would be indeed a fun thing to do and a good credits sink for all who don't really have anything else to spend on.

Edited by Orbister

The PvP is an option, but in my opinion there is not so much to do in terms of the end game content and conclaves could make the trick with clanwars and possibly even leagues.

If the conclaves are to stay, they NEED to be upgraded -- as they are now they feel unfinished and leave a bad taste.

I just can't understand why whenever someone speaks about ways to improve PvP all the Zealots jump from their seats with forks and torches on their waving arms to start screaming in panic "NO PVP!" PvP it's not mandatory... why can't people who want it just have it? and the ones who don't just dont use it...? im not the biggest fan of PvP but i would definitely give it a try if it was more interesting, and i think that PvP could help entertain all those players who don't have anything else to do... and avoid saying "go to a pvp game" because if we are here it's because we like Warframe... So just STOP the "NO PVP!" automatic panic and hate reply because its not productive at all, it only shows your lack of tolerance and empathy.

Thank you! Some if us might like pvp and pve in the same game. And warframe has a good enough platform to do it.

Thank you! Some if us might like pvp and pve in the same game. And warframe has a good enough platform to do it.

Agreed. Seriously, do they lurk here just waiting to rag on every thread posted?

There are PLENTY of PvE games with healthy PvP.

Freaking Dark Souls has a huge PvP community, and I have never even known PvP was a thing at all in that series back when it was released. It surprised me that it was in that came, but it turned out so well.

In fact, they have something else that players here have been spamming "NONONO" at. Remember those threads about a "be the Stalker" mod? They have a player invasion system in Dark Souls right? So I don't get why they shoot it down immediately when it's been done. I'd love it if the badlands or a certain area of the star chart was open to these kinds of invasions.

Seriously, the PvP in Warframe has so much potential when they finally get around to working more on it...and they will by the way, no matter how much these people whine. The devs have expressed interest in it for a LONG time. Steve said he had wanted dueling early in closed beta. Scott said more things were coming for PvP, and it even said in the codex entry that more things are coming.

(I personally picture PvP in Warframe being something like a mix between Dark Souls and CS when it's fleshed out, btw. :P )

For the people who really care about the PvP in this game, keep it up and keep the sub community strong in relaying feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you have completed almost everything in the game, things get really slow, and the only available end game content left is Conclave. I mean seriously guys, once you have gone past 1 hour+ in survival or above 100 waves ODD your going to have an awakening: Eventually everything becomes easy--so just like other games players who have reached that point turn to player versus player oriented activities because they stay fresh usually, and if you really dislike them, even if they were improved, don't throw the old "no pvp" or "Warframe shouldn't even have pvp", it just sounds ignorant.

In light of suggestions, SolidSp33d's "invasion" idea really struck me as well with the approaching hype of the Badlands. I think a system where players could openly attack other players during missions in the Badlands would be incredible! Visualize a difficult mission where there is a valuable reward at the end, and a rival clan decides to attack players of the opposite origin during their mission, THAT would be intense!

Edited by (PS4)ATTACKO

I don't mind having PvP in Warframe, but it's not my thing so I don't play Conclaves. It's true that Warframe is primarily PvE, but so long as the PvP balancing doesn't creep into the PvE balancing (especially with the way enemies currently scale in level and damage), I'm totally okay with PvP still existing.

Wouldn't mind some overall balance passes on weapons or abilities, though. Don't want the game to be too easy or too hard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so they are a really nice idea, but they also need A LOT of work. Here are my propositions on how to improve them:

1) Add some reward for the winning team - like random mod or credits or splendor points or ANYTHING

2) Enemies should NOT see that someone revives teammate they even should see is he is revived (so no indicator on downed enemy)

3) Add more game modes:

-- the space ninja idea is begging for some kind of capture the flag game mode (that probably would benefit from respawn of the dead players)

-- another like PvP+PvE: two teams are starting from different points on the map and try to capture the same target (or one is trying to rescue and the other is trying to assassinate the same target)

5) Add default autobalance of the teams depending of the conclave stats of the players playing (what can be of course overridden for clan wars etc.)

7) Add random event during fights (like rounds without primary weapons or without abilities or with depleting health)

And also PLEASE, make one topic on how to improve the conclave as sticky (or pinned).

Keep up the good work,

best regards,

nocri

1. NO: actually conclave is for people seeking for fun, giving winners rewards will make them full of "proffessional conclavers" only here for kills

1. NO: actually conclave is for people seeking for fun, giving winners rewards will make them full of "proffessional conclavers" only here for kills

Agreed, already have to deal with enough broken strategies just playing for fun, if they put a reward system in every single person would be wearing reflex/reflection and the like.

If pvp ever got to a point of relative balance, then I would like the idea however.

SFU comes the closest to that notion of "professional conclave players".

Edited by Kashiki

I agree. there are better PvP focused games out there. Warframe is a PvE focused game. (One of the few btw.) If you want PvP go play a PvP game.

Maybe because he likes Warframe?

Maybe you should remove yourself from the PvP section of the forum that's about a PvP aspect of the game.

@OP, this is a great thread (minus the PvE-trolls, that should have their posts deleted by moderation), and I'm completely in agreement with everything except 4 and 5. People work hard to build their weapons let them keep the stats they've earned. And I am in support of RNG to select the teams, but not based on anything, other than the # of players. It will give the Staff Team a more sufficient medium to base buffs/nerfs on.

I've just cleaned up some posts in this thread.

For all who may read past this point - please keep in mind that this is really, really not the place to be wasting time posting "DONT DO PVP!" or any posts similar. 

This never will be the place either. This is where feedback for making the Conclaves and PvP interaction more fun and more fair is supposed to end up.

I've just cleaned up some posts in this thread.

For all who may read past this point - please keep in mind that this is really, really not the place to be wasting time posting "DONT DO PVP!" or any posts similar. 

This never will be the place either. This is where feedback for making the Conclaves and PvP interaction more fun and more fair is supposed to end up.

This should be a rule for the conclaves forums category.

3) Add more game modes:

Keep up the good work,

best regards,

nocri

I actually have something against rewards for conclaves just because people can and will farm for the rewards :x

I actually have something against rewards for conclaves just because people can and will farm for the rewards :x

So?

He said the rewards would go to the winning team.

There's virtually no difference in encouraging the use of multiple weapons/warframes (in order to gain Mastery XP), vs encouraging the use of a different game mode, to get otherrewards. In fact, you're "forced" to do so with Mastery XP.

So?

He said the rewards would go to the winning team.

There's virtually no difference in encouraging the use of multiple weapons/warframes (in order to gain Mastery XP), vs encouraging the use of a different game mode, to get otherrewards. In fact, you're "forced" to do so with Mastery XP.

Just let me get on my alt and kill it for the next 3 hours with a friend for the rewards

If you did that you would get banned.

So now DE has to play watchdog on every conclave match?

New spin

Let me get on my weak alt and play with a friend for an hour letting him kill me and trading wins later while making it look like a real match