Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[={ Vehicles

xRemedy

Grineer and Corpus will have vehicles, it's an easier way for transport/harder and challenging combat/reinforcments.

[={ Grineer Concept:

Grineer will be more of a land based concept. Bulky and heavy.

Transport Tank: 'Saber Heavy Auxiliary Transport MK.2 Generation 7'

----> http://nextcardesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/military-vehicle-concepts-by-sam-brown.html <----

How I visualize the Transport Tank really resembles this picture, (to lazy to draw).

- The driver will be easy to kill.

The wheels aren't protected by shields making it easy to disable.

- A shield generator will be on both sides, disabling one of them disables the whole shield. The shield itself has 50 health.

- A huge plasma cannon will be mounted on top, it'll stop firing when the barrels are destroyed, causing a blue explosion.

- 8 Grineer soldiers can fit into 1 Transport Tank

- Players can easily open the doors, inside the back area will be containers.

- Players can also use the plasma cannon for a limited amount of time?

- You wont be able to drive this.

M86 'Thug'

----> http://www.rpggamer.org/uploaded_images/M831_Warthog_Troop_Transport.jpg <----

How I visualize the M86 Thug really resembles this picture, (to lazy to draw - again).

- A Karak (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Karak) will be mounted on a  thin cylinder but the Karak will be heavily modified

- 3 Grineer soldiers will be in the vehicle Latchers and other small units can be holding onto the sides

NS5 Hovercraft 'Charger'

A vehicle that hovers above the ground.

- 1 Grineer soldier can fit in but Latchers and other small units can be deployed from above.

- A slow railgun can be used.

- There wont be any shielding.

[={ Corpus Concept:

The Corpus concept will be more space based.

'Atlan' Type 54 Transport

----> http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptvehicles/2011/sam_brown/sam_brown_06.jpg <----

Without the wheels and more 'Corpus-y'.

Deploys soldiers at any open space like in Corpus Gas City.

- 8 Corpus Soldiers can fit in here

- If you can get inside the vehicle, crates and storage containers will provide you with.. stuff..

- Shielding is high, a generator is attached to the sides but health is low.

- It moves slowly.

SUV7 'Prowler'

A vehicle that hovers above the ground.

- It has a huge resemblance to the Grineer Charger Hovercraft, except 2 Corpus soldiers can get on. 1 can drive and deploy 2 Ospreys and 1 MOA.

- The Turret is a modified Railgun MOA

- It will deployed in places like Corpus Gas City or any other open space without obstacles blocking the way.

- You can shoot the engines to destroy it.

Skirmisher 'Pontus'

A boat deployed at Corpus Outposts.

- 4 Corpus crewmen and 1 MOA can fit in, Ospreys can follow.

- Their roles are: Driver, Turret, Crewman 1 and Crewman 2. They can use the modified MOA to shoot a zipline thing to higher land.

Just sayin' , if you're going to start throwing vehicles around give the Tenno at least one.

i personally disagree as it makes more sense for several highly skilled, agile yet smaller/lighter armed players to fight a large behemoth enemy with lots of effort rather than the other way around

i personally disagree as it makes more sense for several highly skilled, agile yet smaller/lighter armed players to fight a large behemoth enemy with lots of effort rather than the other way around

What's highly skilled to an assassin if their target is a mile away going at insane speeds?

Tenno need vehicles.

I like your ideas OP.

It wouldn't be too hard for them to break down something and 'reverse engineer it' especially Vauban.

Or, we can go to Orokin stuff.

Good idea? But there might be a weak spot that will make the vehicle explode.

Uhm, I'd only like to have vehicles, if it was something to deal with a game type... Like Some sorta of ninja stealth game, where you have to stalk the corpus vehicle and be unseen til the end or something. OMG! that would be amazing. I should make a post about it...

I think hover bikes could be great for Tenno. My ideas for missions come from several games:

Chrome, with high speed missions on dangerous tracks(in that game, you used a hover bike in the jungle). Imagine a tenno hover bike where you need to hit and run priority tagets in the jungle, shooting and dodging obstacles. To make things interesting, a grinner gunship trying to hit you with missiles and heavy machine guns (a corpus equivalent on an ice tileset could be great too).

Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy. There, during a certain mission, you can use a speederbike at high speeds and hit enemies with your lightsaber, like a knight of old. Imagine you piloting a hoverbike and using galatine to behead your foes...

Half-life 2. From this game, i'm taking the river run for inspiration. there, a pesky gunship deployed seeker mines(spherical and rolling towards you, akin to latchers and rollers, but bigger) to destroy you. Careful dodging and knowing when to accelerate and when to break was the difference beetwen life and death.

I don't think vehicles will be implemented any time soon, if ever, but i dream of such action too.

Edited by renleech

I think hover bikes could be great for Tenno. My ideas for missions come from several games games:

Chrome, with high speed missions on dangerous tracks(in that game, you used a hover bike in the jungle). Imagine a tenno hover bike where you need to hit and run priority tagets in the jungle, shooting and dodging obstacles. To make things interesting, a grinner gunship trying to hit you with missiles and heavy machine guns (a corpus equivalent on an ice tileset could be great too).

Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy. There, during a certain mission, you can use a speederbike at high speeds and hit enemies with your lightsaber, like a knight of old. Imagine you piloting a hoverbike and using galatine to behead your foes...

Half-life 2. From this game, i'm considering the river run for inspiration. there, a pesky gunship deployed seeker mines(spherical and rolling towards you, akin to latchers and rollers, but bigger) to destroy you. Careful dodging and knowing when to accelerate and when to break was the difference beetwen life and death.

I don't think vehicles will be implemented any time soon, if ever, but i dream of such action too.

You should see my post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197333-new-mission-typeevent-idea/

I think our ideas can be intertwined in some way. I definitely like that concept. However, I think we need more stealthy missions, just because we are supposedly ninja's... But it would be fun to do something crazy like that as well. 1+ on that poster there sir! :D