Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

To much cute!

Quite an improvement there with the model :3

Now, make a chibi Zanuka!

Plz?

Even my manliness can not withstand a chibi RoboDog. :3

Uh! First I want to do Vor, maybe I'll do a Zanuka later if I'm not dead after making Vor... he's so much more detailed than these two!

I am not sure he is so happy with all the fangirl love tho

tumblr_n585zhKw5s1qdt0m6o1_r3_1280.jpg

Too bad, Captain. Too bad.

Uh! First I want to do Vor, maybe I'll do a Zanuka later if I'm not dead after making Vor... he's so much more detailed than these two!

-snip-

...maybe I'll do a Zanuka later...

So, uh, Alad V heard this (Don't ask how, maybe he lurks the forums) and I was told to send you his response:

Alad V Feedback Transmission

Ah thanks, I've wanted to do a voice mix, but I never found the occasion. Anyway, nice work on the models! No rush on Zanuka! Captain Vor should get the focus since you must of put more time in to him.

tumblr_n585zhKw5s1qdt0m6o1_r3_1280.jpg

Too bad, Captain. Too bad.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I love you Kaz... I love Captain Vor the most but I still love you.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I love you Kaz... I love Captain Vor the most but I still love you.

* - * I love Alad V the most but I still love you 2 <3

hehehehe

On that note, I finished the orthography views. I decided not to bother with his back because I have some good screenshots and well.

I really just want to get started with the model.

tumblr_n5btwdKpFg1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Additionally, I know there's the new contests happening, and while I did do some pretty messy sketches for Infested characters, I decided that I'd rather put all my effort into a Grineer unit because I'll have the most time to spend on it that way. 

tumblr_n5ebensqoH1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ebensqoH1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

He's not quite as iconic as the other bosses yet, and obviously I have a ton of work left to do for him. I imagine his weapon to be a giant cylinder which opens up at least twice as wide to reveal a complex spinning element which generates electricity. Mounted on his back are three giant capacitors, and the piece on his shoulder houses most of the high voltage equipment that is not located within the arm itself. 

I don't want him to be too much like Sargas Ruk in terms of gameplay, so I have a few ideas on how to make it different than "giant gun arm shoots stuff, shoot pieces of equipment off his body until you can kill him". 

1 - He can electrify metal objects

2 - He can draw energy from electronic props or tileset-specific power sources

3 - His capacitors can overload if certain conditions are met (IE certain amount of electricity damage plus power drain on a prop element)

4 - He can electrify bodies of water

5 - High power electricity arcs and stuns, like Volt's Shock ability

I am not sure about a take-down strategy for him, so please throw some suggestions my way! I think I'll only add color and heavy details to this character if the gameplay around him is strong enough for the contest. Otherwise, I'll just be bringing everything up to the current face level of detail and tossing on flat greys. 

Also, I don't know if I ever mentioned this but crits are always welcome in this thread. Fire away!

-snip-

He's not quite as iconic as the other bosses yet, and obviously I have a ton of work left to do for him. I imagine his weapon to be a giant cylinder which opens up at least twice as wide to reveal a complex spinning element which generates electricity. Mounted on his back are three giant capacitors, and the piece on his shoulder houses most of the high voltage equipment that is not located within the arm itself. 

I don't want him to be too much like Sargas Ruk in terms of gameplay, so I have a few ideas on how to make it different than "giant gun arm shoots stuff, shoot pieces of equipment off his body until you can kill him". 

1 - He can electrify metal objects

2 - He can draw energy from electronic props or tileset-specific power sources

3 - His capacitors can overload if certain conditions are met (IE certain amount of electricity damage plus power drain on a prop element)

4 - He can electrify bodies of water

5 - High power electricity arcs and stuns, like Volt's Shock ability

I am not sure about a take-down strategy for him, so please throw some suggestions my way! I think I'll only add color and heavy details to this character if the gameplay around him is strong enough for the contest. Otherwise, I'll just be bringing everything up to the current face level of detail and tossing on flat greys. 

Also, I don't know if I ever mentioned this but crits are always welcome in this thread. Fire away!

Captain Vor and General Sargas Ruk combine! Super Grineer Megazord!

Anyway, that guy looks like the kind of boss that would keep running after you, unlike Vor, who stands still/teleports, and Ruk, who just strolls at a leisurely pace. I could imagine him suddenly hunching over and charge at you with his massive shoulder. Though he doesn't seem to have much leg muscle, maybe his electrical powers could help give him a boost?

It looks like Vor 3.0. Just saying. :L

Yeah, it's still pretty derivative, I agree. The thing on his head was supposed to be a brain implant for loss of tissue mass on that side of his face from burn wounds, but I couldn't get a bulbous shape to look right so I made a fin out of it and... well I need to try again. haha. As for the facial features themselves, I am not sure how much I can change and still have the "grineer are all clones" look. I gave him a pointer nose and slightly thinner features but yeah. If you have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them and try them out!

Captain Vor and General Sargas Ruk combine! Super Grineer Megazord!

Anyway, that guy looks like the kind of boss that would keep running after you, unlike Vor, who stands still/teleports, and Ruk, who just strolls at a leisurely pace. I could imagine him suddenly hunching over and charge at you with his massive shoulder. Though he doesn't seem to have much leg muscle, maybe his electrical powers could help give him a boost?

Good point, yeah, I'll have to think about alternate leg designs. I think it's funny that even Ruk has chicken feet, though they are much heavier than Vor's. Oh, and I am considering putting a row of rockets down the height of the shoulder thing. Will add some hydraulics to make it look more substantially mounted. Thanks!

I imagine one of his bigger attacks to involve slowly lifting his arm up as it opens and starts spinning up and making a ton of noise. He'll point it directly skyward and then it will just explode in an electrical shockwave radiating outwards. It looks cool in my head ok

Thanks for the feedback, every little bit helps!

I decided to start my Captain Vor model today. 

Please note that the head is mirrored for now, but I will change the left side to have the different hosing configuration after I'm done with the basic body and leg structure. Or maybe before? I don't know, I've never done an asymmetrical character like this before! new and exciting

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Hope you guys like him so far~ 

I decided to start my Captain Vor model today. 

Please note that the head is mirrored for now, but I will change the left side to have the different hosing configuration after I'm done with the basic body and leg structure. Or maybe before? I don't know, I've never done an asymmetrical character like this before! new and exciting

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5i1nlpKcC1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Hope you guys like him so far~ 

Nice!

Second day of Captain Vor modeling:

tumblr_n5wk2dCLnu1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

I am particularly proud of his plump little butt plates. They will be a joy to texture later.

Also: I decided I'm probably not going to finish the unnamed Grineer character. I love his face but I'm just not feeling the rest of him. Additionally, I simply don't have the time to devote to it that I'd need if I were to redo him. Good luck to everyone else in the contest!

Finished up with the geometry last night, and threw together a quick rig because I got too excited to wait until I finished UV unwrapping heh heh

tumblr_n5zroniKsA1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

I really love Vor's design (and voice, for that matter). DE, you are wonderful people.