Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Callisto Crisis [Invite-Only Rp]

SnaleKing

The ex-Corpus Tech, Alia would receive a recorded video transmission in her personal inbox, from an encrypted source.

++Transmission Begins++

Alad V is grinning excitedly, though a less benign light is in his eyes. His head and shoulders are visible, with the unmistakable landscape of a Jupiter gas city forming the background. “Corpus Technician Alia, how are you? It’s been so long since we’ve last spoken, and I apologize that I must be contacting you on business matters.

You see, thanks in part to a particularly useful individual, I have been experiencing such an unprecedented influx of Tenno, I can’t make Harvesters fast enough to keep up! I was so upset, you can’t keep Tenno around forever, they always find a way to slip away. Perfectly good merchandise that I simply couldn’t use! Very distressing. I tried to teach the Techs the delicate trade, but none of them had the knack for it. I was losing hundreds of millions of potential credits every day!

Then, I started picking up unusual signals from a Harvester I assumed was decommissioned in the field. Imagine my surprise when none other than my dear niece Alia had repaired and reprogrammed something as fiendishly complex as one of my Harvesters! So, naturally, I have an offer for you.

Meet me at the coordinates attached to this transmission, and we can discuss the details of your future employment. I guarantee the pay will be orders of magnitude ahead of whatever the Board is meting out to you now, but before we settle on anything, though, I’d like to test what you’ve learned, and teach you a few tricks of the trade.

I’m looking forward to seeing you, Alia!”

++Transmission Ends++

The coordinates are for a small, hidden base on Jupiter’s moon, Callisto.

((I posted this as a new topic rather than a PM, since Alia would likely share the transmission with the Tenno crew on the Shark, and perhaps others.

For story reasons, only those who Sumika1204 (Alia's user), Drakeardian (user of the Tenno on the Shark, whom Alia joined), or myself (GM) invites may participate in this thread. If you want to join in, message me and I'll be glad to accommodate you. 

This is a more action-adventure based RP: sharpen your skanas!))

Edited by SnaleKing

The ex-Corpus Tech, Alia would receive a recorded video transmission in her personal inbox, from an encrypted source.

++Transmission Begins++

Alad V is grinning excitedly, though a less benign light is in his eyes. His head and shoulders are visible, with the unmistakable landscape of a Jupiter gas city forms the background. “Corpus Technician Alia, how are you? It’s been so long since we’ve last spoken, and I apologize that I must be contacting you on business matters.

You see, thanks in part to a particularly useful individual, I have been experiencing such an unprecedented influx of Tenno, I can’t make Harvesters fast enough to keep up! I was so upset, you can’t keep Tenno around forever, they always find a way to slip away. Perfectly good merchandise that I simply couldn’t use! Very distressing. I tried to teach the Techs the delicate trade, but none of them had the knack for it. I was losing hundreds of millions of potential credits every day!

Then, I started picking up unusual signals from a Harvester I assumed was decommissioned in the field. Imagine my surprise when none other than my dear niece Alia had repaired and reprogrammed something as fiendishly complex as one of my Harvesters! So, naturally, I have an offer for you.

Meet me at the coordinates attached to this transmission, and we can discuss the details of your future employment. I guarantee the pay will be orders of magnitude ahead of whatever the Board is meting out to you now, but before we settle on anything, though, I’d like to test what you’ve learned, and teach you a few tricks of the trade.

I’m looking forward to seeing you, Alia!”

++Transmission Ends++

The coordinates are for a small, hidden base on Jupiter’s moon, Callisto.

((I posted this as a new topic rather than a PM, since Alia would likely share the transmission with the Tenno crew on the Shark, and perhaps others.

For story reasons, only those who Sumika1204 (Alia's user), Drakeardian (user of the Tenno on the Shark, whom Alia joined), or myself (GM) invites may participate in this thread. If you want to join in, message me and I'll be glad to accommodate you. 

This is a more action-adventure based RP: sharpen your skanas!))

((This is going to be awesome!))

Alia watched the transmission while sitting on the edge of her bed, using her personal data terminal to view the message. She gave a sigh before lying back on the bed to think. Uncle Alad finally decides to call me and it's all about business. Making credits is important and all but I wish he wasn't so consumed by it. He ignores morals and the effects of his actions. I'm afraid what will become of him if he doesn't change.

As she sat up on the bed, she closed the terminal before heading for the door. She had to show Leo and the others this. She was afraid what would happen to Alad V but he needed to be stopped and Lia did say that that she would put in a word to the Tenno Council not to execute him. Maybe he could be reformed? Maybe they could become the happy family she always wished for? Such hopes were remote but at least she could dream.

The crew of the Shark were quite unaware of Alia's family connection to Alad, however Alia's Bunkmate, Kylia, a Nova suddenly entered the Room as Alia was about to leave "Hey sleepyhead, you're finally up?"

(Apologies once more, Had to get an early night)

Edited by Drakeardian

Alia nodded. "Mhm. Sorry I overslept but I was up late last night finishing some calibrations." Truth be told, she lost track of when was night and when was day at times since ships didn't have day and night cycles. She usually found herself catching sleep whenever it was convenient such as between tasks. "Hope I didn't miss anything."

Alia stepped out of the way since it seemed Kylia was coming in for something or another. "Is Leo aboard? There's something important I have to show him." She thought Leo would be the best person to talk to about the message first since she had known him a bit longer than she had known the others and he didn't react negatively when she mentioned the topic before they left the bar.

Edited by Sumika1204

Alia nodded. "Mhm. Sorry I overslept but I was up late last night finishing some calibrations." Truth be told, she lost track of when was night and when was day at times since ships didn't have day and night cycles. She usually found herself catching sleep whenever it was convenient such as between tasks. "Hope I didn't miss anything."

Alia stepped out of the way since it seemed Kylia was coming in for something or another. "Is Leo aboard? There's something important I have to show him."

"Dunno, haven't seen him for a while" Says Kylie, "check the bridge, he's mostly there with Siren anyway"

"Thank you, Kylie." Alia left the room and headed right for the bridge in hopes of finding Leo there.

While Alia proceeded her way to the Bridge, she'd meet the few other Tenno who were on-board, the Nyx Eve who always seemed to flirt around her, more so than she does with the other Tenno, Bolt the Volt who always was saying "Heya!" rather cheerfully, Sky, her old friend from the Hound and Rats who nodded to her, Ghost, the Mute Ash. and Finally  Corvo. The Shaman. he always nods to her whenever she passes him. So far, Rogue was not to be seen

Finally reaching the Bridge, Alia would find Leo conversing with the Siren, who could be say to BE the shark as her banshee connected to the Shark's piloting and weapons systems via a neural link

While Alia proceeded her way to the Bridge, she'd meet the few other Tenno who were on-board, the Nyx Eve who always seemed to flirt around her, more so than she does with the other Tenno, Bolt the Volt who always was saying "Heya!" rather cheerfully, Sky, her old friend from the Hound and Rats who nodded to her, Ghost, the Mute Ash. and Finally  Corvo. The Shaman. he always nods to her whenever she passes him. So far, Rogue was not to be seen

Finally reaching the Bridge, Alia would find Leo conversing with the Siren, who could be say to BE the shark as her banshee connected to the Shark's piloting and weapons systems via a neural link

Alia greeted the Tenno along the way to the bridge but not stopping to chat. It was odd when she first started working for them, being around so many friendly Tenno but she quickly got to liking it. It was a welcome change from being shot at when she worked on Europa and a lot less dangerous. Though the first thing she did whenever the licks might flicker was to hide behind one of the Tenno for fear that the Stalker would come after her like he did Darvo.

When she reached the bridge and saw Leo talking with Siren, she waited for them to finish their conversation before she came forward to speak with Leo. She did find Siren's method of piloting the Shark to be interesting since she had herself linked to it. Alia guessed the Shark would be like an extension of Siren's body in that case. "Leo? Hope you're not too busy but there is something important I have to show you.", she said as she pulled out her personal data terminal to show him the message from her uncle.

Alia greeted the Tenno along the way to the bridge but not stopping to chat. It was odd when she first started working for them, being around so many friendly Tenno but she quickly got to liking it. It was a welcome change from being shot at when she worked on Europa and a lot less dangerous. Though the first thing she did whenever the licks might flicker was to hide behind one of the Tenno for fear that the Stalker would come after her like he did Darvo.

When she reached the bridge and saw Leo talking with Siren, she waited for them to finish their conversation before she came forward to speak with Leo. She did find Siren's method of piloting the Shark to be interesting since she had herself linked to it. Alia guessed the Shark would be like an extension of Siren's body in that case. "Leo? Hope you're not too busy but there is something important I have to show you.", she said as she pulled out her personal data terminal to show him the message from her uncle.

Leo looked to Alia asking "Sure,What's on your mind?" before receiving her personal Data-terminal, he scrolled though it, his eyebrows raised at first then frowned as he looked to Alia "Come with me" said the Excalibur as he proceeded to his office

To note, Alia's would have been given a modified Tenno jumpsuit when she first joined the Shark's crew. Both show her relation to the Tenno and to match her skills. it would be Grey with Blue streaks along the arms, the legs and across the middle and ring fingers, with hardened soles and extra pockets and a pull over mask should she need to do any work involving welding

Edited by Drakeardian

Leo looked to Alia asking "Sure,What's on your mind?" before receiving her personal Data-terminal, he scrolled though it, his eyebrows raised at first then frowned as he looked to Alia "Come with me" said the Excalibur as he proceeded to his office

To note, Alia's would have been given a modified Tenno jumpsuit when she first joined the Shark's crew. Both show her relation to the Tenno and to match her skills. it would be Grey with Blue streaks along the arms, the legs and across the middle and ring fingers, with hardened soles and extra pockets and a pull over mask should she need to do any work involving welding

Alia nodded and followed Leo to his office. She walked just a foot behind him, enough space to make sure that if he made a sudden stop then she wouldn't collide with his back. She was pretty sure that would be unpleasant for her if it were to happen, what with the armour that Warframes had.

While she followed him, she got to thinking how since joining the crew, she had started to pick up on speaking bits and pieces of English to reduce how dependent she was on her translator. She still needed it but she was making progress with another language. Then there was the jumpsuit they gave her which she liked since it proved better than her old Corpus Tech uniform and she did add a few features to help with work such as enabling the soles to magnetize to metal surfaces when the pads she added to them were activated.

((Hope you don't mind Alia having a few work-related augments she introduced to her jumpsuit such as the aforementioned ability to magnetize her soles as necessary. Was also thinking of her adding compatibility with small air tanks in case she ended up in a vacuum for short amounts of time.))

Edited by Sumika1204

Alia nodded and followed Leo to his office. She walked just a foot behind him, enough space to make sure that if he made a sudden stop then she wouldn't collide with his back. She was pretty sure that would be unpleasant for her if it were to happen, what with the armour that Warframes had.

While she followed him, she got to thinking how since joining the crew, she had started to pick up on speaking bits and pieces of English to reduce how dependent she was on her translator. She still needed it but she was making progress with another language. Then there was the jumpsuit they gave her which she liked since it proved better than her old Corpus Tech uniform and she did add a few features to help with work such as enabling the soles to magnetize to metal surfaces when the pads she added to them were activated.

((Hope you don't mind Alia having a few work-related augments she introduced to her jumpsuit such as the aforementioned ability to magnetize her soles as necessary. Was also thinking of her adding compatibility with small air tanks in case she ended up in a vacuum for short amounts of time.))

((Not at all, King (The Shark's Vauban and Technological Director) sometimes augments his weapons and warframe a lot so he could have had a hand in it))

Leo closes the door and locks it as they both enter, then he paces up and down a bit, before leaning on his desk.

"You know, Sky had a hand in your position here on the Shark, She said you managed to fix that relic partially, but this really takes a big dipper, Corvo, the Nekros? he told me about that Mag Prime at the Round and Rats. how she now has the most deepest hatred for Alad V ever, and she found out that I harboured his niece on my ship, then the Lotus help you" Leo said, obviously not impressed but keeping his cool "I trust you of course, King trusts you, Hek even half the Crew who needs repairs trusts you. your're a good Tech, but this just puts a big damper on things" 

Edited by Drakeardian

((Not at all, King (The Shark's Vauban and Technological Director) sometimes augments his weapons and warframe a lot so he could have had a hand in it))

Leo closes the door and locks it as they both enter, then he paces up and down a bit, before leaning on his desk.

"You know, Sky had a hand in your position here on the Shark, She said you managed to fix that relic partially, but this really takes a big dipper, Corvo, the Nekros? he told me about that Mag Prime at the Round and Rats. how she now has the most deepest hatred for Alad V ever, and she found out that I harboured his niece on my ship, then the Lotus help you" Leo said, obviously not impressed but keeping his cool "I trust you of course, King trusts you, Hek even half the Crew who needs repairs trusts you. your're a good Tech, but this just puts a big damper on things" 

Alia looked down at the floor and fiddled with her fingers, feeling nervous and crestfallen. She guessed the next thing he would say would be along the lines of wanting to ditch her since she's not worth the trouble or something. With the direction what he said was going in, she wasn't expecting anything good. She looked back up at Leo. "If it means anything, Lia already knew about me being relation to Alad V. She and her sister, Katya were fine with it since I don't take part in any of what he does."

Alia looked down at the floor and fiddled with her fingers, feeling nervous and crestfallen. She guessed the next thing he would say would be along the lines of wanting to ditch her since she's not worth the trouble or something. With the direction what he said was going in, she wasn't expecting anything good. She looked back up at Leo. "If it means anything, Lia already knew about me being relation to Alad V. She and her sister, Katya were fine with it since I don't take part in any of what he does."

Leo nods understanding, stroking his chin and clears his throat "I'll organize a Officer meeting in an hour Go do some work for King to clear you're head, He'll need some advice for an upgrade or modification anyway" Leo says, as he unlocks the door"

Leo nods understanding, stroking his chin and clears his throat "I'll organize a Officer meeting in an hour Go do some work for King to clear you're head, He'll need some advice for an upgrade or modification anyway" Leo says, as he unlocks the door"

Alia nodded before she left the room to go see King about some work. It would be good to have something distracting her from the madness she expected to start up. Based on the message, however, it seemed Alad V hadn't found out about her resignation yet. After joining the Tenno aboard the Shark, she sent in a letter of resignation to the Board simply notifying them that she had quit and nothing more.

Alia nodded before she left the room to go see King about some work. It would be good to have something distracting her from the madness she expected to start up. Based on the message, however, it seemed Alad V hadn't found out about her resignation yet. After joining the Tenno aboard the Shark, she sent in a letter of resignation to the Board simply notifying them that she had quit and nothing more.

Alia would hear the mutterings of some unknown language -French- as she arrives at the Workshop, The Grey and Blue Vauban known as King would be working on a Penta Grenade Launcher, A Dera, a Tetra and a Supra, all of which he seems to be trying to do...something, he's also taken the liberty of borrowing Alia's old Corpus Uniform for some reason.

Edited by Drakeardian

Alia would hear the mutterings of some unknown language -French- as she arrives at the Workshop, The Grey and Blue Vauban known as King would be working on a Penta Grenade Launcher, A Dera, a Tetra and a Supra, all of which he seems to be trying to do...something, he's also taken the liberty of borrowing Alia's old Corpus Uniform for some reason.

Alia raised a brow when she saw King with her old jumpsuit. She wondered where he got that from. Last she knew, she kept it neatly folded up and stored with the rest of her things. As she approached, she looked at the weapons he was working on, wondering just what he was doing in way of modifications. "King? Leo sent me to help you with some modifications and upgrades. Also, mind me asking where you found that jumpsuit?"

Alia raised a brow when she saw King with her old jumpsuit. She wondered where he got that from. Last she knew, she kept it neatly folded up and stored with the rest of her things. As she approached, she looked at the weapons he was working on, wondering just what he was doing in way of modifications. "King? Leo sent me to help you with some modifications and upgrades. Also, mind me asking where you found that jumpsuit?"

King looked to Alia as she entered and smiled under that Esprit Helmet of his "Ah! Bonjour Mademoiselle Alia! Ah, Madam Kylie found it and I spotted her taking it to the Washing machines before I borrowed it offer her, I am working on some more modifications from it, but I am also working on a weapon design, In fact" King motions for one moment and proceeds to do...something

King first removes a Vasto from one of his drawers and places it upon a stool that he steps up to the entrance to his firing range. He then pulls out two strange glove devices, that appear to go over the hand, with a blue glow and approaches Alia "Now then, are you right handed or left?"

Edited by Drakeardian

King looked to Alia as she entered and smiled under that Esprit Helmet of his "Ah! Bonjour Mademoiselle Alia! Ah, Madam Kylie found it and I spotted her taking it to the Washing machines before I borrowed it offer her, I am working on some more modifications from it, but I am also working on a weapon design, In fact" King motions for one moment and proceeds to do...something

King first removes a Vasto from one of his drawers and places it upon a stool that he steps up to the entrance to his firing range. He then pulls out two strange glove devices, that appear to go over the hand, with a blue glow and approaches Alia "Now then, are you right handed or left?"

"Hello, King. Also, I'm right handed.", Alia replied as she looked on curiously at King and what he was doing. 

"Hello, King. Also, I'm right handed.", Alia replied as she looked on curiously at King and what he was doing. 

King places the strange glove thing on Alia's hand and steps back a few paces "Now hold your hand out as if you were going to reach out for your true love" says the King in a sort of romantic voice then starts singing a classic song from Fance

Edited by Drakeardian

King places the strange glove thing on Alia's hand and steps back a few paces "Now hold your hand out as if you were going to reach out for your true love" says the King in a sort of romantic voice then starts singing a classic song from Fance

Alia raised a brow but did so or at least attempted to. She didn't know how exactly she was expected to be reaching out since she had not yet experienced the whole 'true love' thing. There was probably someone out there for her but whoever that was, she didn't think she had met them yet.

Alia raised a brow but did so or at least attempted to. She didn't know how exactly she was expected to be reaching out since she had not yet experienced the whole 'true love' thing. There was probably someone out there for her but whoever that was, she didn't think she had met them yet.

As Alia raises her hand, the Vasto pistol suddenly flies right into her hand like she had Telekinesis!

As Alia raises her hand, the Vasto pistol suddenly flies right into her hand like she had Telekinesis!

Alia was quite surprised when the pistol just flew right into her hand like that. "Well this is a surprising innovation to say the least. Is it magnetism-based or is it more along the lines of Orokin technology?"

Alia was quite surprised when the pistol just flew right into her hand like that. "Well this is a surprising innovation to say the least. Is it magnetism-based or is it more along the lines of Orokin technology?"

King chuckles "Actually the technology actually came from your old suit, you see most Corpus crew-persons require magnets in their gloves should they need to use a ladder while they are on a space station and need to exit into a vacuum, yours however did not work due to a production fault, but a Tenno always keeps their equipment in perfect condition" says the eccentric Vauban with a chuckle

Edited by Drakeardian

King chuckles "Actually the technology actually came from your old suit, you see most Corpus crew-persons require magnets in their gloves should they need to use a ladder while they are on a space station and need to exit into a vacuum, yours however did not work due to a production fault, but a Tenno always keeps their equipment in perfect condition" says the eccentric Vauban with a chuckle

"I never noticed the feature was supposed to be there, much less that it needed to be fixed." She smiled a bit. "And you're the sole mastermind keeping everyone's gear in such good condition before I came along to help, I bet."

"I never noticed the feature was supposed to be there, much less that it needed to be fixed." She smiled a bit. "And you're the sole mastermind keeping everyone's gear in such good condition before I came along to help, I bet."

King smiles "Well why did you think they made me Director of Technological Development here?" The King chuckles and the sound of Siren's announcement rings "Attention, By Order of Commander Leonardo, Ze Following Officers Report to Ze Council Chambers immediately. Corvo, Eve, Sovereign, Sky, Adam. All Officers mentioned Report to ze Council Chambers" King raises an eyebrow "Huh, Intéressant"