Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Lanka Build

(PSN)AtlasXV

I tried the lanka because I thought it had potenial. I have modded it with serration, wildfire, cryo rounds, malignant force, speed trigger so far as it is only rank 24 (already installed a catalyst). Was it a waste of time? Or are there some great builds out there, if so I would like to see them. Thanks in advance.

I tried building mine for status since it has good base status but the funny thing is it doesn't have a chance to status since it usually 1 shots everything so i tried a corrosive build and it seems to wreck just about anything

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Speed Trigger

Split Chamber

Ammo Mutation (Or Shred, if you use Ammo Boxes)

Then you can decide between Crit or Status builds.

If Crit:

Point Strike

Vital Sense

HammerShot

(Extra slot)

Depends on what you want.

Might as well boost the base Electrical damage, at the very least.

Lanka is reliant on procs and punchthrough. Crit is also the case but applies to all snipers

I would share the optimal output or efficiency builds but I'm on my phone and can't type it out.

Basically, element type changes by faction and by level ranges.

The rest are smaller variables.

add the base mods: Serration, split chamber and Heavy caliber (you can max it or not it depend on you), Point strike and Vital Sense and Speed trigger

now for elemental:

Grineer: Radiation damage (fire + electricity.)

Corpus: Magnet damage (ice + electricity.)

infested: Viral damage (ice + toxin) or Corrosive (Toxin + Electricity) 

Void: pure Corrosive (Toxin + Electricity) 

forma: 4 V slots, 2 _ slots. 

if you want universal damage: use Corrosive. my lanka total damage is 6020 with max HC and corrosive build.

with max Heavy Caliber the shot is still able to hit enemy under 120m (landing headshot isn't that hard with max Heavy caliber though)

edit: forgot about the Speed trigger lol

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

i use all the sniper rifles and lanka has that amazing proc rate with the innate punch thru so i deligate it to CC+dmg and leave raw pure damage to the other rifles like vectis, dps for svandal

you wouldnt think it but gas is great on lanka since it works off base damage which lanka has plenty of, try gas and electricity esp once u have the tethra's doom mods

you will hit a line of mobs with the inital high damage and the entire group around it will get chain lighting shocked and stunned while AOE gas damage envelopes them its effective and extremely satisfying dont underestimate it because of the resistance some mobs have to gas dmg

otherwise just build to pure damage vs each faction like ppl have recommended, but honestly if u want straight damage the other snipers project it better even the marksman rifles like latron prime would be better for that 

lankas strengths are definately procs and punchthru 

i see u didnt mention split chamber, vital sense and point strike in your build - u will definitely see a big difference with those additions

my favourite lanka in the past was a maxed heavy caliber build, the projectiles stayed close together and it 1 shot almost everything but i feel its role has changed now