Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Gun

semangka

Question

hey just wondering

there a lot of controversy between alot of people on which is the best gun in the game many claim the soma, or the boltor prime, or the synaspe

i am hoping just to get almost a survey on what the community thinks it is thx for you time

P.S. it doesnt have to be one of the guns listed, heck it could be a sidearm, i jsut want your thought (non creepy way)

There is no such thing as "best gun" or "best warframe". Every single gun and warframe in the game is awful to use at first, but they can also all be turned into an overpowered beast if your willing to max out the good mods, and then invest the formas to allow for them. If you find something you like to use then level it until its a super beast.

"The best weapon" is whatever feels good and natural in your virtual hands. For me, I love the Sobek, or the Gorgon. Torid is good, as are some bows. Latrine Prime is good too, a little slow though.

Mostly you are right. It is however possible for a weapon to be better in every important (if not every) way than another weapon. Even then though, as you identified the strengths and weaknesses of the player will heavily skew that balance.

Semangka, we can suggest some really good weapons but ultimately you will have to try them out and see what works for you. My money would be on the Kunai knives or Despair (The Stalker's version of the Kunai).

Edited by ZaraaK

For doing low level stuff? Doesn't matter. Pick one, face roll and repeat.

For high level stuff?

Ogris

Penta

Brakk

Castanas

Boltor/Prime

Latron Prime

Soma

Dread

Paris Prime

Edit:

If you're just starting out and looking for a solid upgrade go with the Karak. It's cheap to get, easy to make, handles like a dream and you won't replace it for quite some time. Hands down the best new upgrade you can make. If they ever make a buffed Prime version I'd switch in a heart beat.

Edited by Trickshaw

If you've got the mastery, Soma might be the best all-around gun. Hitscan, extremely accurate, and one of the highest DPS profiles in the game - and best of all, extremely easy to build. Penta is similarly easy to make and powerful, but it's an explosive weapon rather than a rifle.

Too many potential variables to pick a "best"

For me:

Phage, Boar Prime, Sobek  for primaries typically ( I prefer shotguns). Enemies like to bunch up, those weapons kills in bunches

For my sidearms.. anything that has decent damage at range. I'm especially fond of the Sicarus Prime as it's a good all-around weapon. If I'm using a rifle, I lean toward the Brakk. If the rifle is a slow one then stillettos or afuris.

Basically all of my weapon choices are designed to cover the weakness of the others accounting for range, firing action, and reload speed.

I myself love Phage, it is completely devastating when you focus those beams on an enemy, but that's just me.  Soma is great, however I repeatedly see player's faceroll with it and just completely destroy their own hopes of any good dps, so you have to know what your doing to get the best out of that one.

hey just wondering

there a lot of controversy between alot of people on which is the best gun in the game many claim the soma, or the boltor prime, or the synaspe

i am hoping just to get almost a survey on what the community thinks it is thx for you time

P.S. it doesnt have to be one of the guns listed, heck it could be a sidearm, i jsut want your thought (non creepy way)

you....do realize different weapons deal different TYPES of damage right? we're not lying when we say it literally depends on what you're fighting

you....do realize different weapons deal different TYPES of damage right? we're not lying when we say it literally depends on what you're fighting

Does the base impact/puncture/slash values matter so much when the brunt of damage from a modded weapon comes from elemental mods?

Does the base impact/puncture/slash values matter so much when the brunt of damage from a modded weapon comes from elemental mods?

than it depends on status chance and if the weapon deals that base damage.

like synapse, it doesn't do impact or puncture or slash, it does straight electric with 10% base status chance.

so the important mods here are electric elemental mods and status chance mods. (let alone serration and such obvious mods)