Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience Is Bananas.

Drakontis

Fortunately, you DO get Redirection from the intro mission. And Vitality is an early drop from Mercury. But I've not seen Hornet Strike, nor Serration yet. In fact, the only mods I DO have for my firearms are

I was well into rank 5 when i got my first Hornet Strike and it was from a broken container in the void.

Its not really hard when you know everything. Until Earth that is. I did 15 min Appolo with Loki and unmoded weapons. After Venus its all in RNG hands: if you get no mods you are stuck till you get carried.

The problem is definitely that after the first planet (and to a small extent, even part of the first planet), success right now is RNG dependent.

I don't think tutorials are the way to go. While all of these rewards are advantageous, the problem isn't the tutorials. I, as a veteran player making a new account, could not output enough damage to beat the first mastery test with the mods I was able to find. It is NUMERICALLY difficult, not TACTICALLY difficult. That, honestly, is just a little bit of a problem. While it would be wonderful to see new players pimped out with potatoes, I'm not sure I see it happening. I mean, if they were to simply readjust the MK1-Braton's damage triad to be more even or to even head towards Impact (assisting more in Venus which is where I personally am hitting a slight wall), it would do a lot towards making the new player experience just a little easier on newbies. 

The mentoring program is awesome, though. I like that idea and I would be glad to participate in it. 

As I said, I don't like tutorials.  The idea was to give players the "needed" mods if they did the tutorial.  Essentially giving them everything they'd need to succeed.  By giving them a basic damage boosting mod for free for each weapon, it reduces the rng required.

Honestly, the starter weapons should have been more balanced towards overall balance rather than being focused.  Rather than leaning in any direction, I'd rather see them be flat stats all across in terms of damage.

How? Sheesh.

I don't know the exact mission. I was just checking my Recent mods at the end of the day. It wasn't there before. I didn't even know it existed until then. I think I've only had two Serrations drop for me too. I've only been playing since slightly before Valentines day.

I did, however, get all the pieces for the Braak in 12 missions... 4 marks, 4 G3 encounters, 12 invasion missions, including what it took to get marked.

RNG is harsh.

Edited by PoorCensored

I don't know the exact mission. I was just checking my Recent mods at the end of the day. It wasn't there before. I didn't even know it existed until then. I think I've only had two Serrations drop for me too. I've only been playing since slightly before Valentines day.

I did, however, get all the pieces for the Braak in 12 missions... 4 marks, 4 G3 encounters, 12 invasion missions, including what it took to get marked.

RNG is harsh.

Too harsh indeed. I was more referring to how in all of RNG did you not get an HS till that late in the game, but yeah. Crazy. :/