The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Annoying Experience Of Your Gaming Life

Silverdex

Waiting months for a Hemlock helm alert, following the twitter feed 24/7, missing 3 alerts by mere minutes, missing one alert by mere seconds because WF had to update before I could play.  Then finally getting in on a Hemlock alert, a rescue mission, finding the guy, then he gets stuck and won't move, and we fail the mission, and the alert is already expired.  Finally did get my Hemlock, though.  It was worth it.

And Theseus on Titan mode.  F*ck that guy.  I've used the infinite magic glitch to beat him.  I've beaten him once legit.  F*ck that guy to hell.  F*ck him to oblivion.  F*ck him to damnation of mankind.

Having your Gameboy die in the middle of a crucial moment i.e. Fire emblem and Pokemon, back in the ye old days when they still required AA batteries.

Playing ranked in League of Legends.

Yeah. Ranked games sucks. And you'll find yourself demoted most of the time. -___-

Where to start...

Ice levels

Water levels

Pitfall heavy levels

Super Hexagon Hardestestest mode.

Games that don't have skip cut scene ability like as though I want to see that cut scene on my 25th run through

Douchebags on online games in their many forms including hackers

Checkpoint driven games with no manual saves.

Call of Duty needs to die

The list goes on and on...

I have a few.

1. I was playing Fallout 3 and I always store unique items or extra weapons in seperate lockers in my Megaton apartment. I booted up my game one day and I decide I will need my advanced rad suit to take on a mission. Mind you that my favorite clothing in the game is the prototype medical power armor that you find only by sneaking past deathclaws Jurrasic Park style. So I put my suit in the locker and I gear up. Once I finish i forgot that I needed some radaway I had stored there. I went back and I found that for some reason the game had a bug that cleared out my entire locker. This is why I traded the game back in, haha.

2. When I still lived in a barracks, I was eating some pizza and drinking some beer while playing LoL. In the middle of a match I got called outside by my platoon sergeant. Some of you will understand that there's nothing you can do but go outside. I come back and find that it had been an hour and we had lost the match.

*SKYRIM SPOILER*

3. In order to smith weapons and armor from Stahlrim in Skyrim, you have to work your smithing up to 80 AND learn it from an NPC in the Skahl village. When I freed Solsteim from the ancient dragon born, one of the villagers was killed by one of the enemy minions. I still have never crafted Stahlrim weapons or armor.

Facing Brock with a Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow, when in first place in NFS; you crash into a line, wall, another car, trash... (Mother Freaking Trash), and trains. Thinking you can beat Sephiroth without a Ultima-Keyblade and Curega, thinking you can beat the dragon with your barefist in legendary mode, getting pwned by the stalker when using high tier weapons and warframe. And the list goes on for me. 

When I make hours of progress in a game and my Wii then gives me a disc-read error before I save.

Also, when you have to go through a super-long sequence that's annoying in itself, and then the moment you make that one easy-to-make mistake you have to start it all over again.  Here's looking to you, following-guy-through-cave sequence in Dragon Quest VI.

Finally, being in a long tunnel in a dungeon that looks the same going both ways, so you wind up spending forever getting beat up in there just to find out you're back at the start.  Quest 64 did this to me constantly in some of the really bland dungeons because there were no maps and it was easy to get turned around during battles.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier turning into COD Ghost Recon Edition. Or ANYTHING else recent by Ubisoft

Or... older...

Driving the Mako off a cliff before realizing there was lava below in Mass Effect 1. OUCH!

Edited by Kalenath

Metroid Prime 2: Stupid (Bleep) Spider guardian

Skyrim: Unable to Kill Mirrakk 

Crysis 3: Alpha Ceph bug

Sonic 06: Blaze the cat dies (not really)

Metroid Prime: Going all the way down the Phazon mines for a save point way past a bunch of Beam pirates and Elite Pirates ( Also the Omega Pirate itself.)

Battle Field 3: Knifing.

Dark Souls: The entire game itself.

World of Warcraft: Defective Raid Gear drops, drops nothing but Gold

Metroid Prime 3: Unable to skip the ending movie

Metal Gear Rising: Armstrong (and also painful if you watching DarkSydePhil gameplay)

Call of Duty: MW2/MW3: God-awful Online, cant even get a 6th Tactical Nuke. and the support killstreak doesn't even reset, Guns dont have Recoil, and Camos on guns.

Edited by Soulphoenix1