The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios > Investigator

VKhaun

I really like the effect of being able to see enemies in orange and I like how it gives me some scans (because I'm lazy and never scan anything :P) but it's just not doing it often enough.

This is not simply an "I want more" whine. Even in the primary skill slot on Helios the Investigator skill does not fire predictably enough to actually use for anything intentionally, and does not fire often enough to count on for anything. It is novel, but I just can't turn that novelty into a practical use.

Suggestions:

A) Highlight everything in orange periodically as if you were looking through the codex scanner but in third person. That way it always hits what you want it to.

B) Rather than the sentinel scanning them, have it count as a scan when you kill something while it's orange.

(Bonus points if you can sync up the delay between targets on his attack skill, with the orange overlay coming up.)

C)  Have it affect enemies only and ignore objects so that the intermittent orange highlights are more likely to be useful.

D) Once something shows up as orange, make it never fade out and permanently stay orange until killed/destroyed. To avoid screen clutter from indestructible objects, this should have a max range or should also include C.

E) While Investigator is equipped, anything I highlight in orange with my ACTUAL codex scanner stays highlighted even if I put it away.

Edited by VKhaun

I think it has to do with the Sentinel's AI in general. All of them have a lack of immediate response even when you give them time and stand right next to a thing you want them to vacuum or cloak you from. The AI is just broken or just needs a revamp.

I really like the effect of being able to see enemies in orange and I like how it gives me some scans (because I'm lazy and never scan anything :P) but it's just not doing it often enough.

This is not simply an "I want more" whine. Even in the primary skill slot on Helios the Investigator skill does not fire predictably enough to actually use for anything intentionally, and does not fire often enough to count on for anything. It is novel, but I just can't turn that novelty into a practical use.

Suggestions:

A) Highlight everything in orange periodically as if you were looking through the codex scanner but in third person. That way it always hits what you want it to.

B) Rather than the sentinel scanning them, have it count as a scan when you kill something while it's orange.

(Bonus points if you can sync up the delay between targets on his attack skill, with the orange overlay coming up.)

C)  Have it affect enemies only and ignore objects so that the intermittent orange highlights are more likely to be useful.

D) Once something shows up as orange, make it never fade out and permanently stay orange until killed/destroyed. To avoid screen clutter from indestructible objects, this should have a max range or should also include C.

E) While Investigator is equipped, anything I highlight in orange with my ACTUAL codex scanner stays highlighted even if I put it away.

it would make the codex scanner feel more like the visor in crysis. i like this. and at the same time turns the sentinel into a pokedex.

full support