Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Golden Iron Skin Feedback Megathread

HourGlazc

hope the incoming future updates fixes it

Truly, that was a big disappointment to see that. Just got RhinoPrime last week and just been doing Xini to lvl up, Ironskin always looks good. But wow, going into void to test it out -_- 

Thought it was just you, because it was so ugly, lmao  my bad about that too, I see what you mean now. I even played around with settings, nothing helps, high, med or low settings  :\

After update earlier tonight, ironskin seems to look a bit better. But they didn't mention it in fix notes, unless i overread it.

Tired, will check again tomorrow, but I think it now looks a bit better. Was doing Void Exts

After update earlier tonight, ironskin seems to look a bit better. But they didn't mention it in fix notes, unless i overread it.

Tired, will check again tomorrow, but I think it now looks a bit better. Was doing Void Exts

You're not imagining things. They really did fix Iron Skin in this patch, despite not being mentioned in the patch notes.

Here's what Iron Skin looked like to me before:

i7xA91M.jpg

And this is what it looks like now:

2mxepeo.jpg

Having taken it to places like Venus and Saturn, the Rhino Prime Iron Skin definitely maintains its gold no matter where you take it. Thanks DE!

If I had my druthers..

The look of Iron skin would be changed completely as it has always obscured the good looks of the frame itself. Or the current look could be moved to the underarmor areas on the back, stomach, inside thighs, etc.

I think that most will agree that the best Iron Skin visual was the one back in Closed Beta -- it was simple, good looking, gave you the necessary feedback yet it didn't make your Rhino look like it was thrown in a bucket and galvanized.

I think it'd be pretty interesting if Iron Skin took after one of your selected colours. Not energy, but something else.

Colour-picking for Rhino is pretty boring when you can't see the fruits of your labour during 90% of gameplay.

My thought really. What's the point in having your very own rhino, color it, maybe use an alternate helmet or an immortal skin... when he gets transformed into a heap of metal 90% of the time ?

I had made up my mind with the way Iron Skin looks now, and i rather like the metallic outgrowths and the way energy runs through them, but at least the regular iron skin didn't cover most of the warframe. Now Rhino Prime transforms into a big golden bananaframe. Meh.

What about redesigning the Iron Skin effect into something indicative of the buff but inobstructive, so we can enjoy the snazzy paint job on our rhinos. Then we may have something golden or not on Rhino Prime, it would be ok, because it wouldn't look like a bucket of golden puke was poured over his head.

so any news regarding golden iron skin from rhino prime? can we have at least the option to use normal rhino rion skin on rhino prime? instead of gold skin

The amount that people requested it, it's now a part of the Prime. Much like the gold bits, if you don't like it, there's always the non-Prime.

What amount of people are we talking about exactly ? I sure didn't see any vote thread about it, but i may be mistaken.

The gold in prime powers is not a bad idea, I just think that the whole effect of Iron Skin could be redone in a way that would not be mutually exclusive with all the shiny immortal skins and colour palettes... then you'd add some gold in it for Prime.

What about giving a "Prime Skin" card to rhino prime possessors ? Same stats as Iron Skin but gold, i think that it would be the easiest way to give people the choice for the effects

What amount of people are we talking about exactly ? I sure didn't see any vote thread about it, but i may be mistaken.

I actually saw around 4 threads about changing Rhino Prime's Iron Skin to gold, including a thread I made. And that's just the threads I personally saw.

There weren't voting threads, but I merged about seven threads that were all quite popular into one Megathread about it. It was a small enough change that the Devs deemed it worthy of being implemented.

i like the idea of golden iron skin. but for me, personally, it looks like cheap gold foil. and it doesnt even cover rhino entirely. making it look like paint chipping off

esm4g2.jpg

i reduced my field of view completely to zoom it in. as you can see, it does not look good at all. the colours on my rhino are like an eggshell whiteand greyish/brown for the torso. though the colour of rhino makes no difference with iron skin

and it doesnt change with higher settings, i checked

i dont see gold ice, gold fire or gold skanas from other prime frames, so why i must see gold iron skin? if they can choose their own colour for effect why rhino prime must be stuck to gold? iron skin is one of rhino effects so it should be player choice not forced to be gold....

i dont see gold ice, gold fire or gold skanas from other prime frames, so why i must see gold iron skin? if they can choose their own colour for effect why rhino prime must be stuck to gold? iron skin is one of rhino effects so it should be player choice not forced to be gold....

Unlike with the other frames, Iron Skin is not only a power, but a complete cosmetic change for the Rhino: note that even the regular Rhino has most of his customizations covered up by Iron Skin. For Rhino Prime though, Iron Skin obscures many of the features that distinguish him as a Prime during normal play.

Thus, a lot of people, including myself, wondered if Rhino Prime could have his Iron Skin be Gold instead, so that he maintains a visually distinct status as a Prime even with Iron Skin on, like how you can distinguish a Mag Prime or Ember Prime from their normal counterparts immediately due to all their gold.

Didn't actually think they'd implement the change though, which is why I like my Gold Iron Skinned Rhino Prime. Another thing I like about how they changed the Prime Iron Skin is that they removed those ugly lumps from it.

Edited by LGear

Unlike with the other frames, Iron Skin is not only a power, but a complete cosmetic change for the Rhino: note that even the regular Rhino has most of his customizations covered up by Iron Skin. For Rhino Prime though, Iron Skin obscures many of the features that distinguish him as a Prime during normal play.

Thus, a lot of people, including myself, wondered if Rhino Prime could have his Iron Skin be Gold instead, so that he maintains a visually distinct status as a Prime even with Iron Skin on, like how you can distinguish a Mag Prime or Ember Prime from their normal counterparts immediately due to all their gold.

Didn't actually think they'd implement the change though, which is why I like my Gold Iron Skinned Rhino Prime. Another thing I like about how they changed the Prime Iron Skin is that they removed those ugly lumps from it.

Well, i actually liked these metallic outgrowths with energy coursing through them. It's like if rhino used some nanotech technology to cover himself in an ablative layer of metal. Allmost all powers use the frame's energy colour in some way and it was to my mind a nice way to show it.

I didn't think about the reason you wanted a gold Iron Skin, i understand your reason better now, but wasn't that problem taken the wrong way around ? I thought that Iron skin covered a bit too much of Rhino already, but it was looking ok, i guess. Now with the metallic outgrowth removed and added specularity it just looks like Rhino Prime poured a pot of gold paint over his head. I'm the first in my clan to have completed Rhino Prime and they keep telling me how they are shocked, seeing that big lump of gold running around instead of the blue Immortal skin i use, to the point where they have started calling me "Midas" XD

What about a new effect for Iron Skin that wouldn't cover that much of the frame, so we would better see what's underneath ? Then put some gold in it or not for Rhino Prime, please just don't make it so visually obnoxious.

Besides hiding the warframe underneath, i feel like Gold Skin is a step back in quality in a game that has such a unique visual style.

Edited by LouarnRuz

So this is a quick feedback and request about the Iron skin. Personally, I'm not a fan of getting covered in what looks like shiny fecal matter when I'm charging into battle. I mean, perhaps it adds to Rhino's charm being virtually invincible and all (He's too stinky and gross to kill) but to me it's not aesthetically pleasing. I have 3 wicked awesome colour palettes for my Rhino Prime but they often get ruined by this mandatory skill.

So I would like to request an option that allows me to remove the visual effects of the Iron skin for myself once it's activated.

I would NEVER have sold my original twice formad and potatoed Rhino If I knew they were going to do this.  Is it crazy that I'm considering rebuilding a regular rhino just so I don't have to look like a lemon?